PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas why James Lofton was fired by Chargers?

G. Host
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3209157

He seemed like a good coach and the WRs improved. Is he taking blame for loss of Chargers to Patriots.

njsue
01-23-2008, 11:21 PM
AJ had to pick on someone this year. He canned Schottenheimer. IMO is a stupid decision.

Meathead
01-24-2008, 01:07 AM
i bet its because hes one of those people

skinny

Romes
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM
so they could bring back a home town hero charlie joiner :idunno:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/23/sports/s144157S42.DTL&type=sports

Philagape
01-24-2008, 08:16 AM
This is an example of an assistant coach who did do something positive that would have warranted a promotion, unlike our OC.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Lets bring him in to coach our WR's, who does that now? I thought he got a lot out of a very inconsistent Chris Chambers.

Dujek
01-24-2008, 09:37 AM
He seems to have done a good job with the receivers there. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

RedEyE
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
This is what the Chargers do. Fire perfectly successful coaches.

RockStar36
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd say bring him in but we already have WR coach.

bigbub2352
01-24-2008, 10:00 AM
He Slept with Domincik Hasek's wife!

bigbub2352
01-24-2008, 10:00 AM
We do need an offensive quality control coach, and we dont have a WR cordiantor lol

historypete
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Lets bring him in to coach our WR's, who does that now? I thought he got a lot out of a very inconsistent Chris Chambers.

Tyke Tolbert is our WR coach. He came over from Arizona back when Mularkey was hired. I think Lofton would be a good addition for this team, plus didn't he have a playing relationship with Van Pelt? I don't know if he retired a year before Alex came here, but I think that might help develop some more ideas on how this offense could become more aggressive. Either way I think he would be a very good addition to this staff.

bigbub2352
01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Tyke Tolbert is our WR coach. He came over from Arizona back when Mularkey was hired. I think Lofton would be a good addition for this team, plus didn't he have a playing relationship with Van Pelt? I don't know if he retired a year before Alex came here, but I think that might help develop some more ideas on how this offense could become more aggressive. Either way I think he would be a very good addition to this staff.
if i am not mistaken i think Lofton went to the Eagles in 1993 and AVP came in that year, but dont qoute me on that

mysticsoto
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM

After the terrible game in Cleveland in which the WRs couldn't adapt to the environment, I would say we SHOULD fire Tolbert! Cleveland's WRs made adjustments ensuring they didn't abruptly cut corners which would cause them to lose their footing and instead rounded out their routes. As a result, they killed us on the field while we couldn't do crap. That's coaching and Tolbert clearly should follow Fairchild!!!

G. Host
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
if i am not mistaken i think Lofton went to the Eagles in 1993 and AVP came in that year, but dont qoute me on that

Lofton played for Bills 1989 - 1992 seasons.
Van Pelt was drafted by Steelers in 1993 and played for Bills 1995 - 2003 seasons, entirely with Bills.

He and Lofton did not play together although Lofton came back to Buffalo on occasion after he retired after playing for Rams and Eagles in 1993.

Ravens are looking at him now as WR coach for he worked for Cam Cameron in SD.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 07:39 AM
This is what the Chargers do. Fire perfectly successful coaches.

You got that right!

One of the best in the biz. In fact, it was the Charger WRs that carried Turner's sorry bacon through the playoffs this year!

A very Bills-like move however.

While it would never happen, I'd hire Lofton as GM/HC/COO and even owner all at once!

I guarantee you that his mind with an Industrial Engineering degree from Standford outthinks Jauron and his Ivy League history-degreed mind in spades!

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
You got that right!

One of the best in the biz. In fact, it was the Charger WRs that carried Turner's sorry bacon through the playoffs this year!

A very Bills-like move however.

While it would never happen, I'd hire Lofton as GM/HC/COO and even owner all at once!

I guarantee you that his mind with an Industrial Engineering degree from Standford outthinks Jauron and his Ivy League history-degreed mind in spades!
Now I've heard it all.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Mark, you've turned Bills-related negativity into a comedic art form, and it's pretty funny stuff.