PDA

View Full Version : Market for Losman maybe better then expected

Wally The Barber
01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Just a link guys, thought you would be interested.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21050.html

Mitchy moo
01-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I hope we can get Briggs from Chicago by tossing in a 3rd rounder & JP.

mybills
01-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Edwards crap play prolly upped his value, too. :gag:

Romes
01-24-2008, 06:50 AM
keyword "maybe"

colin
01-24-2008, 07:20 AM
briggs is free and clear to sign.

i get a feeling we are gonna sign one (hopefully more) guy on each side of the ball, one WR and one front 7 guy. we might grab a CB/TE or LB and DT.

i also think we will package up picks to get as many playmakers in the draft as possible.

d town putting up roy w. and sean rogers might be our big offseason.

trapezeus
01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
that link was written by losman4life. the only thing i can agree with is that the draft doesn't have too many #1 qbs to chose from. but those teams that need a qb already have losman like players on their team.

I like scoob's trade, but i don't think chicago wants another grossman.

G. Host
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
real football 365 . com = real joke 365 days a year.

ParanoidAndroid
01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Briggs is going to be a free agent. The only way Briggs becomes a Bill is if we offer him a winning contract. That is, unless the Bears put the franchise tag on him and then trade him which would require at least a 1st round pick AND Losman.

gr8slayer
01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
real football 365 . com = real joke 365 days a year.
Exactly.

Nighthawk
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
I wish we could get a lot for Losman, but the fact is, he is a very mediocre QB, with a pea brain and great arm. This guy can't read coverages and this offsets his great physical tools. What you're left with is...Rob Johnson.

Dujek
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
If we can convince some idiot GM that 2007 didn't happen we could get decent value for Losman. Unfortunately Tom Donahoe isn't a GM anywhere in the league.

Matt Millen might go for it though, he's almost as dumb as Donahoe.

Ed
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Byrne is just a Bills fan with no real inside info. Like he said, it's anyones guess right now as to what we'll get for Losman. No one knows how other teams value him right now.

YardRat
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
If we can convince some idiot GM that 2007 didn't happen we could get decent value for Losman. Unfortunately Tom Donahoe isn't a GM anywhere in the league.

Matt Millen might go for it though, he's almost as dumb as Donahoe.

Didn't TD sign on with the Rams?

Ickybaluky
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Briggs is going to be a free agent. The only way Briggs becomes a Bill is if we offer him a winning contract. That is, unless the Bears put the franchise tag on him and then trade him which would require at least a 1st round pick AND Losman.

He received a franchise-prohibition for ending his holdout and signing his franchise tender, as long as he reached certain playing-time incentives (which he met). They can't franchise him. If he doesn't re-sign with Chicago before the start of the FA period, he will be a UFA.

Ebenezer
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I am betting it will be a 3rd or 4th.

BILLSROCK1212
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
JP for 3 1sts in the next 3 years and another 1st in 2012 plus a 7th in 2020

jamze132
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
At least someone knows what they are talking about with Briggs.

mybills
01-25-2008, 07:17 AM
JP for 3 1sts in the next 3 years and another 1st in 2012 plus a 7th in 2020
:rofl:

HHURRICANE
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
I've said all along that we will get a second. I have no doubt about this.

This year has been one of the worst years for QB play and there isn't much coming out of college so JP is like Nate Clements. He's the best that's on the market.

patmoran2006
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM

This year has been one of the worst years for QB play and there isn't much coming out of college so JP is like Nate Clements. He's the best that's on the market.

My prediction is a 5th rounder, and I think I"m being slightly optimistic.

Unless a GM is ******ed, nobody is giving us a second round pick for a guy that has shown time and time again that he's a mental midget behind center. He makes horrible decision, he's erratic as can be and he may be a leader with his mouth on Mon-Sat, but come Sunday he's a sulker who sits on the end of the bench when we're not playing the Bengals and things aren't going his way.

VeggieMan14
01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Please trade him. We will lucky to get someone decent for JP. I doubt we could trade him and a draft pick for anyone good

Confused
01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
trade japers and 3rd for roy williams.

Novacane
01-26-2008, 05:45 PM

JP was one of those QB's contributing to the terrible QB play you refer to. There is no way in hell anyone gives a #2 for him. Absolutely no way.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
JP was one of those QB's contributing to the terrible QB play you refer to. There is no way in hell anyone gives a #2 for him. Absolutely no way.
We need to just take anything more than a 5th, he has to go if Trent is the guy.

Wally The Barber
01-27-2008, 10:38 AM
I am confident we will receive Full value but never enough to satisfy Lossman fans.

patmoran2006
01-27-2008, 12:31 PM
The Bills have ZERO leverage for him in the trade market.

Romes
01-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Thats what was said about the Bills and Willis last year. Yet, the Bills came out OK in that situation.

HHURRICANE
01-28-2008, 07:13 AM
My prediction is a 5th rounder, and I think I"m being slightly optimistic.

Unless a GM is ******ed, nobody is giving us a second round pick for a guy that has shown time and time again that he's a mental midget behind center. He makes horrible decision, he's erratic as can be and he may be a leader with his mouth on Mon-Sat, but come Sunday he's a sulker who sits on the end of the bench when we're not playing the Bengals and things aren't going his way.

I'll bet you $10,000 dollars that we get more than a 5th rounder for him. Just because you and I think he sucks doesn't mean that's his market value.

venis2k1
01-28-2008, 07:19 AM

I Disagree with that. The bills have all the leverage in the world because...We dont have to trade him. Whats the worst thing that can happen if we keep him? We have a solid backup QB with years of experience playing in the NFL in Buffalo. One that is firmiliar with the system and players. A Backup QB with tons of upside, and even more to prove heading into a contract year.

With Trents history of injury, this is worth the world to me.

Losman > 4th round pick.

TacklingDummy
01-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I Disagree with that. The bills have all the leverage in the world because...We dont have to trade him. Whats the worst thing that can happen if we keep him? We have a solid backup QB with years of experience playing in the NFL in Buffalo. One that is firmiliar with the system and players. A Backup QB with tons of upside, and even more to prove heading into a contract year.

And a QB that has demanded to be traded.

Ed
01-28-2008, 12:42 PM
And a QB that has demanded to be traded.

I wouldn't say he's demanded to be traded. His agent said that he'd like to play somewhere else next year, but that he'd be willing to play out the last year of his contract if he has to. Obviously JP moving on would be ideal for both sides, but it's not like the Bills are backed into a corner. I think they'll work out something fair.

Personally, I'm hoping for a conditional 2009 pick. We have enough picks in 08 already and aren't looking at any significant losses depending how you view the Hargrove suspension.

TacklingDummy
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for a conditional 2009 pick. We have enough picks in 08 already and aren't looking at any significant losses depending how you view the Hargrove suspension.

Good idea. :up: