PDA

View Full Version : trade our 1st rounder for......

Confused
01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Roy Williams. It kinda makes sense. Guys including myself are calling for a WR in the first why not go with a proven star, who still has a ton of gas still left in the tank? Many of you have stated, that WRs dont usually breakout in their rookie years, so why not go with Roy if you were the GM and were set on getting a WR?

Mahdi
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Roy Williams. It kinda makes sense. Guys including myself are calling for a WR in the first why not go with a proven star, who still has a ton of gas still left in the tank? Many of you have stated, that WRs dont usually breakout in their rookie years, so why not go with Roy if you were the GM and were set on getting a WR?
How bout we give that first rounder to Carolina for Julius Peppers.... I hear he wants a Freeney type deal that Carolina may not want to pony up.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=2361

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 08:08 AM
How about we keep it and get neither guy since one is a loud mouth talker who can get mentally taken out of games, and Peppers is so inconsistent is downright scary.

Mahdi
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
How about we keep it and get neither guy since one is a loud mouth talker who can get mentally taken out of games, and Peppers is so inconsistent is downright scary.
He had an off year ,,, but I doubt that happens again,,, the guy is too talented. Prior to this year he had 13, 10 and 11 sacks over 3 years... thats pretty consistent.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 08:16 AM
and in 03 he had 7

In 06 his sacks came in bunches as he went sackless in 7 games
In 05 it was sackless in 10 games
In 04 it was sackless in 9 games

Thats the kind of consistency I dont want. He'll get you 2-3 three sack games a year, but the rest of the year he's quiet.

hydro
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
and in 03 he had 7

Thats the kind of consistency I dont want. He'll get you 2-3 three sack games a year, but the rest of the year he's quiet.

Sounds a lot like a guy that everyone *****es about on our team.....

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2008, 08:21 AM
I say we keep the pick.

Mahdi
01-24-2008, 08:23 AM
and in 03 he had 7

That probably happens because teams double him for a while then when they see that he hasnt had a sack in a while they single up and get burned for 2-3 sacks.... Peppers will demand a double team every time and that should free up the rest of our DL and limit other teams offenses. Instead of Ben Watson running a pattern he will be helping his RT contain Peppers.

That being said I would only make this deal if we are sitting at #11 on draft day and all the best DL are gone. Better to get a beast like Peppers than to waste the pick.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Why not get a younger player with just as much talent?

Mahdi
01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Why not get a younger player with just as much talent?
Gholston is the only DE in the draft that is close to Peppers,,, im saying if the top DL in the draft are gone by the time we pick,,, getting Peppers for that pick would be great value.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I greatly disagree, we have the same production already in Schobel and Id argue he's not worth the #11 pick

Mahdi
01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I greatly disagree, we have the same production already in Schobel and Id argue he's not worth the #11 pick
Schobel is no where near as talented as Peppers. Plus Peppers is great against the run. The other thing to consider is that Carolina couldnt put up points this year so teams were just running the ball at them a lot. They were 8th in the NFL in rushing attempts against. Yer not going to do a whole lot of pass rushing when you're losing all the time.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Schobel is no where near as talented as Peppers. Plus Peppers is great against the run. The other thing to consider is that Carolina couldnt put up points this year so teams were just running the ball at them a lot. They were 8th in the NFL in rushing attempts against. Yer not going to do a whole lot of pass rushing when you're losing all the time.

He is good yes but he is not worth the #11 pick, if he can be so easily neutralized by the double team as he was this year, then no I dont want him. I dont really see any DE worth a top 15 pick in this draft to be honest for that matter.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
How many Elite years does Peppers have left? He is nearing the end of his Elite years. Why trade a high pick, especially if the Bills are a young team all around?

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
**** Peppers only missed 2 games and had 2.5 sacks and he will be 29. We would be freaking ******s to give up a #11 pick for him. Last Willis went 11th and was one of the best Defensive players in the league.

Confused
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
gee is tarted a roy willaims thread and here we are on the topic of peppers and onions.

Oaf
01-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Williams is not a bad idea. It's exactly what we need. They call Sweed a poor man's RW anyways.

YardRat
01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
and in 03 he had 7

It's official. Peppers is sackless.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
How about we build through the draft?

Confused
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
How about we build through the draft?

not a bad idea, kinda puts our hopes of a playoff run at the wayside for a year or 2

Yasgur's Farm
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
For the record... It's rumored the Lions are asking a 2nd for Williams.

Confused
01-27-2008, 10:20 AM
For the record... It's rumored the Lions are asking a 2nd for Williams.

heck frick yeah!!!!! ODB would be ******s to pass on this.

If we can get a 3rd for JayPee, we can trade back into the 2nd.