28. DALLAS-OT Chris Williams-Vanderbilt

29. SAN FRANCISCO-DT Kentwan Balmer-UNC

30. GREEN BAY-DE Calais Campbell-Miami

31. NY GIANTS-CB Aqib Talib-Kansas

32. NEW ENGLAND-FORFEIT

This will stay in the BZ till this evening then be moved to the Scouting Zone

Bulldog
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Just what god damn NE needs is another stud on the d-line. Who ever is responsible for NE having that pick should be blasted in the nuts.

YardRat
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
You've got Brohm listed twice...Baltimore and Carolina.

YardRat
01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Under that scenario, I would bet we pass on Rivers and 'reach' for Kelly.

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Under that scenario, I would bet we pass on Rivers and 'reach' for Kelly.

I think they are going to fix WR via FA. Ralph said as much.

Do you really think NE takes a DT with the depth they already have there?

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
You've got Brohm listed twice...Baltimore and Carolina.

And he wanted to be hired by the Bills to be GM. :shakeno:

User Manuel
01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I think we trade down and grab Jenkins

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 03:10 PM

BPA

fixed the Brohm double up, thanks YR

Devin
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
:bf1: id love to land Rivers.

mysticsoto
01-24-2008, 03:14 PM
DB, I think it will be hard for you and I to collaborate our 7 rd picks. We are going to clash with Atlanta - I still feel they will take a QB. I know you feel what's the pt if they can't protect him, but I think they will try and pick their franchise QB and get serviceable linemen afterward - rather than the opposite pick a top LT and then a serviceable QB.

Also, NE taking Ellis? I think you are letting your hunger for him bias your view on what another team will do. NE is going to need a CB with Asante gone...

If we have no chance at Ellis or Gholston, then I'm okay with the Rivers pick for Buffalo. I feel we should get a WR in FA and Malcolm Kelly would be a bit of a reach here. We can get another prospect later.

As someone pointed out, you do have Brohms' twice. If you give Woodson to Carolina that changes your mock a bit b'cse you have to decide what to do with Chicago. They will likely not go with QB outside the top 3 in the 1st rd, which changes your pick and the picks after somewhat...maybe they can take...Sam Baker (OT) - that's probably who I'd give to them considering that scenario...

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
DB, I think it will be hard for you and I to collaborate our 7 rd picks. We are going to clash with Atlanta - I still feel they will take a QB. I know you feel what's the pt if they can't protect him, but I think they will try and pick their franchise QB and get serviceable linemen afterward - rather than the opposite pick a top LT and then a serviceable QB.

Also, NE taking Ellis? I think you are letting your hunger for him bias your view on what another team will do. NE is going to need a CB with Asante gone...

If we have no chance at Ellis or Gholston, then I'm okay with the Rivers pick for Buffalo. I feel we should get a WR in FA and Malcolm Kelly would be a bit of a reach here. We can get another prospect later.

As someone pointed out, you do have Brohms' twice. If you give Woodson to Carolina that changes your mock a bit b'cse you have to decide what to do with Chicago. They will likely not go with QB outside the top 3 in the 1st rd, which changes your pick and the picks after somewhat...maybe they can take...Sam Baker (OT) - that's probably who I'd give to them considering that scenario...

Clash is good, and I dont think they will go QB still, Harrington wasnt the issue last year the line was and they are getting DJ Shockley back from injury and Blank wants to give him a shot. I see them QB in round 2 or 3.

New England will go BPA and no CB is worth that pick, Ellis is a great pickup for them, if they dont go there they will go with Connor.

I dont like Kelly at 11 either and I think Gholston is ideal for the Jets

Yea I fixed the Brohm pick to BAL to Ryan, just a Freudian slip on my part

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
BPA

fixed the Brohm double up, thanks YR

I could really see them grabbing Connor though.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I could really see them grabbing Connor though.

See above

The Jokeman
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I can't see New Orleans taking DeSean Jackson as Colston is coming off an awesome year and they did select Robert Meachem last year in the 2nd. They're the type of team I could see reaching for a guy like Fred Davis or possibly a CB.

X-Era
01-24-2008, 03:43 PM
1. MIAMI-DT Glenn Dorsey-LSU

2. ST LOUIS-DE Chris Long-UVA

3. OAKLAND-RB Darren McFadden-Arkansas

4. ATLANTA-OT Jake Long-Michigan

5. KC-OT Ryan Clady-Boise St

6. NY JETS-DE Vernon Gholston-Ohio State

7. NEW ENGLAND-DT Sedrick Ellis-USC

8. BALTIMORE-QB Matt Ryan-Boston College

9. CINCINNATI-LB Dan Connor-Penn St

10. NEW ORLEANS-WR DeSean Jackson-Cal

11. BUFFALO-LB Keith Rivers-USC

12. DENVER-S Kenny Phillips-Miami

13. CAROLINA-QB Brian Brohm-Louisville

14. CHICAGO-QB Andre Woodson-Kentucky

15. DETROIT-CB Mike Jenkins-USF

16. ARIZONA-CB Leondis McKelvin-Troy

17. MINNESOTA-OT Sam Baker-USC

18. HOUSTON-LB Derrick Harvey-UF

19. PHILLY-WR Malcolm Kelly-Oklahoma

20. TAMPA BAY-RB Jonathan Stewart-Oregon

21. WASHINGTON-WR Adarius Bowman-OK St

22. DALLAS-RB Felix Jones-Arkansas

23. PITTSBURGH-OT Jeff Otah-Pittsburgh

24. TENNESSEE-WR Early Doucet-LSU

25. SEATTLE-RB Rashard Mendenhall-Illinois

26. JACKSONVILLE-OT Gosder Cherilus-Boston College

27. SAN DIEGO-CB Reggie Smith-Oklahoma

32. NEW ENGLAND-FORFEIT

Like most of it.

A few things I think may play out different:

NYJ- I see them going after Kenny Phillips- they stink in the secondary
NE- I dont see Sedrick Ellis, I dont think they end up with Randy long term and they may just go WR. Besides they have Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren. No need for Ellis. My sleeper pick would be Matt Ryan, Brady is about to be 31 (aug), and hes a hometown boy.

At 11, I think we get a shot at our pick of Ellis, Gholston, Malcolm Kelly, or Rivers.

I LOVE what I think Rivers brings as far as our D goes. But I think Kelly helps our O more than Rivers helps our D.

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I dont see Atlanta taking a tackle with their first pick. They have way bigger needs.

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I think im all aboard the Malcolm Kelly train now. Hopefully we can trade back a few picks and then grab him, or just make the reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ZHjgrXArI

Jan Reimers
01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I will be disappointed with a linebacker - even one as good as Rivers or Connor - at 11. In fact, if I were a betting man, I would wager that we don't go LB in the first round.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I will be disappointed with a linebacker - even one as good as Rivers or Connor - at 11. In fact, if I were a betting man, I would wager that we don't go LB in the first round.

Unfortunately I think you're right and we'll reach for a player at a position of need and continue to defy good personell philosophy.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I dont see Atlanta taking a tackle with their first pick. They have way bigger needs.

No they dont, a franchise LT is their top need, with no questions asked.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Like most of it.

A few things I think may play out different:

NYJ- I see them going after Kenny Phillips- they stink in the secondary
NE- I dont see Sedrick Ellis, I dont think they end up with Randy long term and they may just go WR. Besides they have Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren. No need for Ellis. My sleeper pick would be Matt Ryan, Brady is about to be 31 (aug), and hes a hometown boy.

At 11, I think we get a shot at our pick of Ellis, Gholston, Malcolm Kelly, or Rivers.

I LOVE what I think Rivers brings as far as our D goes. But I think Kelly helps our O more than Rivers helps our D.

I know the Jets were bad in the pass game but taking Phillips at 6 is too high, Im not buying into the the hype that he's the next Ed Reed.

No way NE takes Ryan, just not happening.

Nighthawk
01-24-2008, 05:50 PM

32. NEW ENGLAND-FORFEIT

Great job Draftboy and I'd love if we took Rivers at #11! However, I don't think there is any chance that New Orleans takes a WR at 10...they don't need it that badly.

Bone
01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I think NE will grab a CB

NYJ vernon gholston

Bills- either Connor or Rivers

ATL will pick the best player available just to have ppl keep coming to the games.

I would not be suprised at all if Miami trades the 1st round pick.

R. Rich
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM

32. NEW ENGLAND-FORFEIT

Pathetic. Do it over. Now.

X-Era
01-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I know the Jets were bad in the pass game but taking Phillips at 6 is too high, Im not buying into the the hype that he's the next Ed Reed.

No way NE takes Ryan, just not happening.

K, cant disagree that NE taking Ryan is a reach at best. It wont suprise me though. I agree with the other poster that it could be secondary. But I just dont see a CB worthy of that spot and I have to agree that its too high for a S. If I were them I might trade down.

For us, I think the lead picks at this point are Ellis, Rivers, Kelly, and maybe Gholston.

My personal pref would be this:

1) Gholston- I just think hes gonna be great
2) Kelly- hes gonna be a great player
3) Rivers- a freakish type that makes our D better day one
4) Ellis- another player who makes us better but who cant make the impact of a full time starter on the D or O.

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
K, cant disagree that NE taking Ryan is a reach at best. It wont suprise me though. I agree with the other poster that it could be secondary. But I just dont see a CB worthy of that spot and I have to agree that its too high for a S. If I were them I might trade down.

For us, I think the lead picks at this point are Ellis, Rivers, Kelly, and maybe Gholston.

4) Ellis- another player who makes us better but who cant make the impact of a full time starter on the D or O.

What justification do you have for saying that about Ellis? He is called by some the top DT in this draft, how would he not be a full time starter on our D?

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Pathetic. Do it over. Now.

You do it!

Im tired

TigerJ
01-24-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm on the same wavelength as far as Buffalo's pick is concerned. I think the Bills go with value over greater need (represented by Kelly) since there should be other big WRs hanging around when Buffalo picks in round 2. Kelly is not so much better than Hardy Bowman or Sweed, and I think Buffalo can get one of those guys even it two of them are gone by the 41st pick. If NE were to draft Ellis, I think they try to turn him into a stout DE. They've done that before.

FlyingDutchman
01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
No they dont, a franchise LT is their top need, with no questions asked.

Dude, they are not drafting a tackle. For starters, when Roddy White is your number 1 WR, you have problems. That could be one possibility over a LT Second of all, were you paying attention to their QB situation this year? 3 Qbs started games. You think thats consistency? They need a franchise QB. This is the most obvious pick of the draft. The falcons will draft a QB. The Falcons just lost the face and money maker for their team in Vick, and you think they are going to sell tickets with a left tackle?

X-Era
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
What justification do you have for saying that about Ellis? He is called by some the top DT in this draft, how would he not be a full time starter on our D?

We run a rotational DL, thats what I meant. He wont see the field as much as a true full time starter.

RockStar36
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Would you guys rather have Rivers or Connor?

tampabay25690
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
:bf1: id love to land Rivers.

I agree with you would be a HUGE upgrade

tampabay25690
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM

I think RIVERS is the better player...

tampabay25690
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM

NO matter what the BILLS need to go Defense in the 1st round PERIOD.....

DraftBoy
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Dude, they are not drafting a tackle. For starters, when Roddy White is your number 1 WR, you have problems. That could be one possibility over a LT Second of all, were you paying attention to their QB situation this year? 3 Qbs started games. You think thats consistency? They need a franchise QB. This is the most obvious pick of the draft. The falcons will draft a QB. The Falcons just lost the face and money maker for their team in Vick, and you think they are going to sell tickets with a left tackle?

Look I assure you I followed the Falcons very closely this year. Their main need is a OT, winning begins on the lines. Ask Houston how taking a franchise type QB works when he gets killed his first few years.

jamze132
01-25-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't see Malcom Kelly going that low.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Sadly, with R.Seymour having been reported to be not exactly thrilled with his contract and the Pats having lost a pretty good D-lineman (the one who drowned), I could see New England grabbing S.Ellis.

But, here are two reasons why I think they will go in a different direction: 1.) Samuel and Gay are both UDFAs and, while they may be able to retain Gay, they will need to get a CB out of this draft (maybe not here, but fairly early); and 2.) if the Pats do go undefeated, it will be a perfect time for Bruschi and/or Seau (and perhaps even Colvin who has been plagued by injuries recently) and/or Harrison to retire--and, while they have Merriweather at safety, they're going to need replacements for these players, even if one or two of them decide to stay on.

As a result, I see them grabbing either a LB--Connor perhaps more likely than Rivers--from a pretty thin draft at that position or the CB that they have rated best on their draftboard, instead of Ellis.

As much as I would like to see Ellis drop to the Bills, even if the Pats don't grab him, though, I still have a hard time seeing him last to the # 11 slot (if he does, I will be ecstatic to see the Bills draft him!).

Still, based on what I see coming out of OBD, I seriously doubt that the Bills will take a LB with the # 11 pick. As much as Bills fans believe that K.Ellison stinks and needs to be replaced, I do not believe--based on what I have read--that the Bills' coaches necessarily share that view--at least not to the extent that they would feel that they have to expend a top two pick on one. Additionally, in his blog today, C.Brown virtually stated that the Bills will not be going for Connor with their pick.

Now, certainly, all of this could be misdirection--no question that OBD has been very coy about who they have been interested in taking with their first pick in the last two drafts and they have not been shy about using C.Brown to spread misinformation about who they might be interested in. But, they've also never used Brown to say that they aren't interested in someone that they were interested in, either. What Brown has been saying, though, is that the Bills still see themselves as having needs at multiple positions, just not LB.

I think that there are a lot of ways that the Bills could go with the 11th pick depending on what they have seen on film, at the Senior Bowl, and will see at the Combine. And, I don't think that that will be set until they see what happens on Draft Day and have made whatever moves they are going to make in free agency (which I believe will happen very quickly for the most part). At this point, anything is possible, but I think DE, DT or CB are most likely if things stay as they presently are (which they won't), with a WR coming in Round 2 or 3. I would not be shocked if they were to take F.Davis, TE from USC, in the 1st Round, but suspect that they will feel that they can wait until Round 2 or 3 to get a TE and will go defense first.

E.Accorsi's statement from a couple of years ago that "If you can grab a good pass rusher, you grab him, even if you don't need him", keeps running through my head and, with the success that the NY Giants have had with their pass rush this season, I just can't help thinking that, if the Bills really like one of the DEs who is still on the board at # 11 (be it Gholston, if he is still there, or C.Campbell or D.Harvey), they will grab him, regardless of how much money they have invested in C.Kelsay and A.Schobel (who will be 31 this coming season). So, at this point, I see the Bills taking a pass-rushing DE over a LB if given the choice.

Night Train
01-25-2008, 04:24 AM
I'd be happy with Rivers or Connor. McKelvin at CB would be fine with me also. I'm open minded to several players.

I can't really get caught up in "value" or worry about whether a certain player is overpaid. Needs can be filled in all rounds and there's no perfect formula.

I'd like to see the Bills draft a DT or 2, an OLB, maybe a CB and DE. On Offense a #2 hands WR, A big TE,maybe a Center. I'd wouldn't mind drafting QB Josh Johnson of San Diego, if we can't find a Vet alternative for replacing Losman. He's the only QB in this Draft I like.

It really doesn't matter what rounds they arrive in. I'll wait until the draft completes to review the Bills body of work, rather than freak after each round. We'll have plenty of clueless Drama Queens filling that role.

Will anyone remember the value angle in 2-3 years if the player we drafted is a positive to our football team ?

Like DB and many others here, I follow the college game closely and know there are more good players in this draft than just the top 15-20 that get all the publicity. I'll be just as interested in who we pick in Round 5 as I was in Round 1.

DB's mock draft is far better than any of these national name people have done lately. Figures, when you actually watch college football and understand most teams needs, rather than getting 3rd hand info and playing to a fanbase.

Great job, DB. It's going to be a good draft. I can see plenty of guys that can help the Bills in all rounds, not just the 1st. The East-West Shrine game and this Senior Bowl practice week showed me a lot of talent.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Unfortunately I think you're right and we'll reach for a player at a position of need and continue to defy good personell philosophy.
I really think there will be a legitimate top 10 or 15 player at DT, DE or WR available at 11. I don't want to reach, either.

YardRat
01-25-2008, 05:05 AM

A little bit of wishful thinking on my part. Not that I'm really sold on Kelly specifically, but I'd like to see them address wideout in both the draft and FA.

If we manage to land a WR than can undoubtedly step into the #2 role I can see the team going LB, D-line, or even corner in the first and then pick up a WR in 2nd or third.

tampabay25690
01-25-2008, 06:39 AM

1 like RIVERS??????

You bet your ass u pick him up, I just don't think 75% of the people on this site have seen him play. How would it feel to have an ADALIUS THOMAS type player on your team....

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Look I assure you I followed the Falcons very closely this year. Their main need is a OT, winning begins on the lines. Ask Houston how taking a franchise type QB works when he gets killed his first few years.

Good for you for following the falcons? Winning may begin in the lines, but that still does not change who the Falcons are going to draft. 3 QBs in one season and no set starter for next year should be the dead give away. WTF are you talking about ask Houston? Ask Oakland how a franchise LT works when HE gets killed his first few years. Are you really going to get into in comparisons? A franchise QB has worked out alright for the Titans, Bengals, Giants, Chargers (who drafted a LT in the second round who is now a pro bowler)....I can go on.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Good for you for following the falcons? Winning may begin in the lines, but that still does not change who the Falcons are going to draft. 3 QBs in one season and no set starter for next year should be the dead give away. WTF are you talking about ask Houston? Ask Oakland how a franchise LT works when HE gets killed his first few years. Are you really going to get into in comparisons? A franchise QB has worked out alright for the Titans, Bengals, Giants, Chargers (who drafted a LT in the second round who is now a pro bowler)....I can go on.

McNair sat for a year, Palmer sat for a year, Rivers sat for a year, Eli sat for part of a year. The Falcons as you so clearly point out dont have the luxury of a veteran to hold the reins for a young kid. Falcons fans dont want a QB with their first round pick. We have a no nonsense coach now who knows how to win, we have a GM who comes from great pedigree of drafting to stock the lines. The Falcons will go Jake Long is he's available, any other pick is a mistake and the Falcons know is in that situation. Ideally I think they'll trade down and take a guy like Baker in the mid-late 1st but they wont be taking one of the big three QB's. They have spoken to Joe Flacco already, they had a rumored interest in Brennan before this week, and they had scouts at the Shrine Game watching Josh Johnson, and Kevin McConell. This argument is stupid, you dont have to believe me, and Im not going to sway your opinion on this pick, Im also not going to pull the fact that I live here card and I hear what the local media and radio stations say day in and day out. Because its all circumstantial. Suffice it to say that if I was a betting man, and I got odds against the Falcons going QB in Round 1, Id bet my life savings on it, thats how confident I am about it.

Also keep in mind Chris Redman looked decent at the end of last season going with a 60% cmp pct, throwing for 1,079 yds, 10 TD, and 5 INT, 90.7 QB Rating. So lets at least know that the Falcons do have a guy who produced more than the Bills starter for half of last year, so QB is not nearly as dire as the case you are making.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:43 AM

Rivers more athletic and faster, Connor is more technical but a little less athletic and we have an ILB, we need OLB

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Sadly, with R.Seymour having been reported to be not exactly thrilled with his contract and the Pats having lost a pretty good D-lineman (the one who drowned), I could see New England grabbing S.Ellis.

But, here are two reasons why I think they will go in a different direction: 1.) Samuel and Gay are both UDFAs and, while they may be able to retain Gay, they will need to get a CB out of this draft (maybe not here, but fairly early); and 2.) if the Pats do go undefeated, it will be a perfect time for Bruschi and/or Seau (and perhaps even Colvin who has been plagued by injuries recently) and/or Harrison to retire--and, while they have Merriweather at safety, they're going to need replacements for these players, even if one or two of them decide to stay on.

As a result, I see them grabbing either a LB--Connor perhaps more likely than Rivers--from a pretty thin draft at that position or the CB that they have rated best on their draftboard, instead of Ellis.

As much as I would like to see Ellis drop to the Bills, even if the Pats don't grab him, though, I still have a hard time seeing him last to the # 11 slot (if he does, I will be ecstatic to see the Bills draft him!).

Still, based on what I see coming out of OBD, I seriously doubt that the Bills will take a LB with the # 11 pick. As much as Bills fans believe that K.Ellison stinks and needs to be replaced, I do not believe--based on what I have read--that the Bills' coaches necessarily share that view--at least not to the extent that they would feel that they have to expend a top two pick on one. Additionally, in his blog today, C.Brown virtually stated that the Bills will not be going for Connor with their pick.

Now, certainly, all of this could be misdirection--no question that OBD has been very coy about who they have been interested in taking with their first pick in the last two drafts and they have not been shy about using C.Brown to spread misinformation about who they might be interested in. But, they've also never used Brown to say that they aren't interested in someone that they were interested in, either. What Brown has been saying, though, is that the Bills still see themselves as having needs at multiple positions, just not LB.

I think that there are a lot of ways that the Bills could go with the 11th pick depending on what they have seen on film, at the Senior Bowl, and will see at the Combine. And, I don't think that that will be set until they see what happens on Draft Day and have made whatever moves they are going to make in free agency (which I believe will happen very quickly for the most part). At this point, anything is possible, but I think DE, DT or CB are most likely if things stay as they presently are (which they won't), with a WR coming in Round 2 or 3. I would not be shocked if they were to take F.Davis, TE from USC, in the 1st Round, but suspect that they will feel that they can wait until Round 2 or 3 to get a TE and will go defense first.

E.Accorsi's statement from a couple of years ago that "If you can grab a good pass rusher, you grab him, even if you don't need him", keeps running through my head and, with the success that the NY Giants have had with their pass rush this season, I just can't help thinking that, if the Bills really like one of the DEs who is still on the board at # 11 (be it Gholston, if he is still there, or C.Campbell or D.Harvey), they will grab him, regardless of how much money they have invested in C.Kelsay and A.Schobel (who will be 31 this coming season). So, at this point, I see the Bills taking a pass-rushing DE over a LB if given the choice.

As I was explaining to Devin last night the Pats have three good starters on the line in Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork but their depth is weak. They could use another end to add to the mix and Ellis is the perfect mix of size and speed for their defense.

Could they go LB, oh yea Im sure they could but I have Ellis in front of Connor and when you are NE you have the luxury of going BPA. I think ideally they'd love to see McFadden fall to them and either take him or trade down with Dallas for him, but I dont prognosticate trades.

Now here is where I disagree with a lot of people. Yes they may lose both Samuel and Gay this offseason, though I think they'll resign Gay. But I dont think there is a CB worth a top 15 pick in this draft let alone the #6. There is a lot of disagreement about who the top CB is over Jenkins, Cason, Talib, and Smith, but none are worth top 10 picks. If the Pats were to go with anybody at CB, I could see them going DRC before anybody else. They like smaller school obscure prospects. DRC has the size, speed, physical game they like out of corners and it would not surprise me to see him be the best CB out of this class. But I dont think they go CB in Rd 1.

To address your points on the Bills which are very well deducted given what Brown has written and his history, but if the Bills FO thinks that our LB core is set with Ellison or Dig starting then we made a bigger mistake then even I imagined through our three headed beast. If they are going to reach on Campbell, or Harvey, or Gholston then we made a mistake. I cannot begin to nor do I need to describe to you or any poster how absolutely vital this draft is. We have 11 shots to get on base, and we need at least 6-7 of these guys to pan out. Not saying immediately, but this draft is pivotal to turning us around. We are this close to the post season, but a bad draft here will screw us over.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:53 AM
I'd be happy with Rivers or Connor. McKelvin at CB would be fine with me also. I'm open minded to several players.

I can't really get caught up in "value" or worry about whether a certain player is overpaid. Needs can be filled in all rounds and there's no perfect formula.

I'd like to see the Bills draft a DT or 2, an OLB, maybe a CB and DE. On Offense a #2 hands WR, A big TE,maybe a Center. I'd wouldn't mind drafting QB Josh Johnson of San Diego, if we can't find a Vet alternative for replacing Losman. He's the only QB in this Draft I like.

It really doesn't matter what rounds they arrive in. I'll wait until the draft completes to review the Bills body of work, rather than freak after each round. We'll have plenty of clueless Drama Queens filling that role.

Will anyone remember the value angle in 2-3 years if the player we drafted is a positive to our football team ?

Like DB and many others here, I follow the college game closely and know there are more good players in this draft than just the top 15-20 that get all the publicity. I'll be just as interested in who we pick in Round 5 as I was in Round 1.

DB's mock draft is far better than any of these national name people have done lately. Figures, when you actually watch college football and understand most teams needs, rather than getting 3rd hand info and playing to a fanbase.

Great job, DB. It's going to be a good draft. I can see plenty of guys that can help the Bills in all rounds, not just the 1st. The East-West Shrine game and this Senior Bowl practice week showed me a lot of talent.

Thank you for the kind words

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I really think there will be a legitimate top 10 or 15 player at DT, DE or WR available at 11. I don't want to reach, either.

DT: Dorsey, Ellis
DE: Long
WR: None

Thats the top 10-15 players at those positions, I just dont see those posistions are being top end heavy. They are loaded in the mid-late rounds but not at the top end.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't see Malcom Kelly going that low.

Honestly, he's lucky I have him that high, his stock is dropping as of now, he better have a good combine.

patmoran2006
01-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Tell me more about Rivers. I don't know that much about him.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
McNair sat for a year, Palmer sat for a year, Rivers sat for a year, Eli sat for part of a year. The Falcons as you so clearly point out dont have the luxury of a veteran to hold the reins for a young kid. Falcons fans dont want a QB with their first round pick. We have a no nonsense coach now who knows how to win, we have a GM who comes from great pedigree of drafting to stock the lines. The Falcons will go Jake Long is he's available, any other pick is a mistake and the Falcons know is in that situation. Ideally I think they'll trade down and take a guy like Baker in the mid-late 1st but they wont be taking one of the big three QB's. They have spoken to Joe Flacco already, they had a rumored interest in Brennan before this week, and they had scouts at the Shrine Game watching Josh Johnson, and Kevin McConell. This argument is stupid, you dont have to believe me, and Im not going to sway your opinion on this pick, Im also not going to pull the fact that I live here card and I hear what the local media and radio stations say day in and day out. Because its all circumstantial. Suffice it to say that if I was a betting man, and I got odds against the Falcons going QB in Round 1, Id bet my life savings on it, thats how confident I am about it.

Also keep in mind Chris Redman looked decent at the end of last season going with a 60% cmp pct, throwing for 1,079 yds, 10 TD, and 5 INT, 90.7 QB Rating. So lets at least know that the Falcons do have a guy who produced more than the Bills starter for half of last year, so QB is not nearly as dire as the case you are making.

great, your opinion is your opinion. Going off the media is usually good too. I will promise you they will not select a LT with their first pick.

mysticsoto
01-25-2008, 09:01 AM

This is what I believe also. I believe it is more important to take advantage of the low pick to choose a franchise QB than to choose a top LT. I believe Atlanta can go OT in the 2nd rd and still get a viable candidate that may be an improvement over what they currently have. However, grabbing a QB in the 2nd rd will be a HUGE downgrade over the 1st rd QBs that are more polished and able to start immediately. QB is a difficult position and if you can get a franchise QB that can immediately start, that is more valuable than getting an LT that can immediately start.

DB and I disagree here and have for some time. But I feel strongly that what ATL has at QB right now will get them nowhere next year and fans will not be happy with that situation! A QB that is more polished and gets rid of the ball quickly can also help the Oline more (look at TE vs JP). Neither Harrington nor any of those other losers over there will help sell any tickets - that's for sure.

I'll have to keep hammering on DB until he sees the light. :D

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM

Keith Rivers-6'2, 236, 4.6-40 (not official)

KEITH RIVERS ON: His play: "I'm just living up to my expectations and trying to do the best each game. I'm not really worried about how other people think I'm doing. I'm just doing the best that I can...I try my hardest to maximize every down...I just want to keep improving each game, each day. Get better, don't take any steps backwards."

WHAT OTHERS SAY: USC head coach Pete Carroll: "He is really fast and tough. He has an unusual body in that he can strike guys in a small space and unload on them."

3 year starter for USC

He's maybe the most athletic LB in the class, he makes plays sideline to sideline and can disect plays on the fly. He tackles with a punch and can knock the ball lose when he hits. His angles are good, and his technique is sound. He will play too high at times and can be shook off because of that, needs work in coverage and in traffic.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
This is what I believe also. I believe it is more important to take advantage of the low pick to choose a franchise QB than to choose a top LT. I believe Atlanta can go OT in the 2nd rd and still get a viable candidate that may be an improvement over what they currently have. However, grabbing a QB in the 2nd rd will be a HUGE downgrade over the 1st rd QBs that are more polished and able to start immediately. QB is a difficult position and if you can get a franchise QB that can immediately start, that is more valuable than getting an LT that can immediately start.

DB and I disagree here and have for some time. But I feel strongly that what ATL has at QB right now will get them nowhere next year and fans will not be happy with that situation! A QB that is more polished and gets rid of the ball quickly can also help the Oline more (look at TE vs JP). Neither Harrington nor any of those other losers over there will help sell any tickets - that's for sure.

I'll have to keep hammering on DB until he sees the light. :D

EXACTLY!!! Harrington got hammered because he held onto the ball, Redman looked good when he got in there. Look at the stats I posted.

mysticsoto
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM

More about him:

Strengths:
Excellent athleticism...Great speed with a burst to close...Quick and agile...Terrific range and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Does a fantastic job in pursuit...Good frame with long arms...Motor runs non-stop and he is really active...Fluid and does a terrific job in coverage...A big hitter who can lay the lumber...Decent pass rusher and blitzer...Aggressive and plays with an attitude...Works through the trash and traffic well..Good instincts and recognition...Offers some versatility..A hard worker.

Weaknesses:
Could stand to add some weight...Needs to get stronger..More of a finesse player and is not overly physical...Plays out of control at times...Doesn't take on or shed blockers all that well...Is not stout and can be run at...Needs to keep his pad level down...A playmaker in coverage?..Goes for the knockout rather than wrapping up.

Notes:
A elite recruit coming out of high school...Wore the #55 jersey for the Trojans that was made famous by guys like Junior Seau, Willie McGinest and Chris Claiborne...A outstanding all-around linebacker who shouldn't ever have to leave the field...Has an ideal blend of natural talent, physical tools, and intangibles...Prototypical WILL.

mysticsoto
01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
EXACTLY!!! Harrington got hammered because he held onto the ball, Redman looked good when he got in there. Look at the stats I posted.
Redman is 30 yrs old and currently listed as their 3rd string QB. Leftwich is still listed as their #1. In your post way above you give them alot of credit with a, as you say, "no nonsense new coach and GM". And yet, it looks like they are going to hire Mularkey as their OC. That tells me they will suck no matter who they pick and that they don't know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if they go Oline instead of what they SHOULD do, however. Their season ticket sales will likely drop considerably however!!!

jdbillsfan
01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I am always a big fan of trading down and getting more picks, but I think if Rivers is on the board at 11 and they don't pick up someone like Briggs in FA, then you have to stay and pick Rivers.

EDS
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Roddy White had over 1000 receiving yards last season. How is that bad?

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Redman is 30 yrs old and currently listed as their 3rd string QB. Leftwich is still listed as their #1. In your post way above you give them alot of credit with a, as you say, "no nonsense new coach and GM". And yet, it looks like they are going to hire Mularkey as their OC. That tells me they will suck no matter who they pick and that they don't know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if they go Oline instead of what they SHOULD do, however. Their season ticket sales will likely drop considerably however!!!

Give me a break you cant base your argument about him being the #3 off an online depth chart. Redman started the last 5 or 6 games in a row. To say he is the #3 guy is kind of a joke at this point.

What the hell does hiring Mularkey have to do with who they are going to draft. He's the OC not the guy working with personell.

mysticsoto
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Give me a break you cant base your argument about him being the #3 off an online depth chart. Redman started the last 5 or 6 games in a row. To say he is the #3 guy is kind of a joke at this point.

What the hell does hiring Mularkey have to do with who they are going to draft. He's the OC not the guy working with personell.
Redman started b'cse the others had injuries and were doing nothing - not b'cse he is their top choice and their savior. As it stands they basically rotated their QBs this year, seemingly not satisfied with any of them. If you take a LT, you've basically condemned ATL to have another crappy year next year without someone to lead the helm. And then when they finally get to take a QB the following year, that QB will have to come up to speed and it'll be another year in the crapper. On the other hand, if you take a QB this year, and some serviceable linemen in the middle of the draft (actually, you can get top inside linemen still) you will get a QB that goes through some growing pains, but that begins learning this year. They will still likely have a crappy year this year, but then next year you work on the Oline more (Tackle position) and the following year, they will look much better. You basically add a year to the team's development if you wait for a QB. Olineman can adjust more quickly than a new QB would - especially a lower ranked QB. And if they pick Matt Ryan, he is very cool and calm and will likely deal well despite not having a great Oline.

The point about Mularkey is that it may not matter who they take if Mularkey is going to lead the helm. They will suck regardless...

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Roddy White had over 1000 receiving yards last season. How is that bad?

Did you watch him? I had him on my fantasy team. He dropped balls CONSTANTLY, and has those yards mainly bc of two big games he had. besides that, he was averaging about 4 catches for 60 yards just about every game. I didnt say he was bad, just not exactly a premier WR. I was just stating that is just one option over a LT.

DraftBoy
01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Redman started b'cse the others had injuries and were doing nothing - not b'cse he is their top choice and their savior. As it stands they basically rotated their QBs this year, seemingly not satisfied with any of them. If you take a LT, you've basically condemned ATL to have another crappy year next year without someone to lead the helm. And then when they finally get to take a QB the following year, that QB will have to come up to speed and it'll be another year in the crapper. On the other hand, if you take a QB this year, and some serviceable linemen in the middle of the draft (actually, you can get top inside linemen still) you will get a QB that goes through some growing pains, but that begins learning this year. They will still likely have a crappy year this year, but then next year you work on the Oline more (Tackle position) and the following year, they will look much better. You basically add a year to the team's development if you wait for a QB. Olineman can adjust more quickly than a new QB would - especially a lower ranked QB. And if they pick Matt Ryan, he is very cool and calm and will likely deal well despite not having a great Oline.

The point about Mularkey is that it may not matter who they take if Mularkey is going to lead the helm. They will suck regardless...

Im not going to argue with you about Mularkey, the guy sucked here and in Miami. He was successful in Pitt and alot of people in the NFL (for whatever reason) still think a lot of him.

As for the rotating QB's that again stopped once Redman became the starter, come on Mystic look at the games, once Redman got in he never got taken out. And I your ideas on taking a QB first and lineman secondary can be the same thing reversed. Take Long in 1, they already have a young OG in Justin Blalock, go with Joe Flacco in Round 2, Barry Richardson Round 3 and Steve Justice in Round 4.

You got your line for the future set, and your QB of the future. Whats the problem?

EDS
01-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Did you watch him? I had him on my fantasy team. He dropped balls CONSTANTLY, and has those yards mainly bc of two big games he had. besides that, he was averaging about 4 catches for 60 yards just about every game. I didnt say he was bad, just not exactly a premier WR. I was just stating that is just one option of a LT. Draftboy thinks its gonna be a LT with "no questions asked". which is just dumb.

1200 receiving yards and 80+ receptions looks pretty good on paper given the Falcon's QB situation. Evans did't do that with similar QB issues.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2008, 03:07 PM
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=3>2007 Game Log <TD align=middle colSpan=5>Receiving</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=5>Rushing</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=2>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>WEEK</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LST</TD></TR><!--count=0 gameWeek=1--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>@MIN</TD><TD align=left>L 24-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270909016) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=1 gameWeek=2--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>@JAC</TD><TD align=left>L 13-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270916030) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>20.3</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=2 gameWeek=3--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>CAR</TD><TD align=left>L 27-20 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270923001) </TD><TD>7</TD><TD>127</TD><TD>18.1</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=3 gameWeek=4--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>HOU</TD><TD align=left>W 26-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270930001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>21.3</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=4 gameWeek=5--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>@TEN</TD><TD align=left>L 20-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271007010) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>18.3</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-2</TD><TD>-2.0</TD><TD>-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=5 gameWeek=6--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD align=left>L 31-10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271015001) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>16.0</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=6 gameWeek=7--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=left>@NO</TD><TD align=left>L 22-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271021018) </TD><TD>8</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>13.8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=7 gameWeek=9--><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>8</TD><TD colSpan=17>Bye</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9</TD><TD align=left>SF</TD><TD align=left>W 20-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271104001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>18.3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=9 gameWeek=10--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>@CAR</TD><TD align=left>W 20-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271111029) </TD><TD>6</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=10 gameWeek=11--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11</TD><TD align=left>TB</TD><TD align=left>L 31-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271118001) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><!--count=11 gameWeek=12--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>12</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD align=left>L 31-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271122001) </TD><TD>6</TD><TD>104</TD><TD>17.3</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=12 gameWeek=13--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>13</TD><TD align=left>@STL</TD><TD align=left>L 28-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271202014) </TD><TD>10</TD><TD>146</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><!--count=13 gameWeek=14--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>14</TD><TD align=left>NO</TD><TD align=left>L 34-14 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271210001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>25.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=14 gameWeek=15--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>15</TD><TD align=left>@TB</TD><TD align=left>L 37-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271216027) </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=15 gameWeek=16--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>16</TD><TD align=left>@ARI</TD><TD align=left>L 30-27 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271223022) (OT)</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>141</TD><TD>11.8</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=16 gameWeek=17--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>17</TD><TD align=left>SEA</TD><TD align=left>W 44-41 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271230001) </TD><TD>5</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>12.4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Heres his stats. Does that look consistant? Evans had a horrible year, but im not comparing them anyway. Im not ripping on Roddy, just saying he is not a number 1 in this league.

mysticsoto
01-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Im not going to argue with you about Mularkey, the guy sucked here and in Miami. He was successful in Pitt and alot of people in the NFL (for whatever reason) still think a lot of him.

As for the rotating QB's that again stopped once Redman became the starter, come on Mystic look at the games, once Redman got in he never got taken out. And I your ideas on taking a QB first and lineman secondary can be the same thing reversed. Take Long in 1, they already have a young OG in Justin Blalock, go with Joe Flacco in Round 2, Barry Richardson Round 3 and Steve Justice in Round 4.

You got your line for the future set, and your QB of the future. Whats the problem?

Let's take this from a different POV to see if I can convince you.

LT - Ojinakka - the guy is 23 yrs old. He's got 2 years of experience. Are you giving up on him already? With only 2 yrs experience, he might just develop better. I think he deserves the chance...

LG - Batiste - again, 2 yrs experience. Backing him us is rookie Blalock who you mention above. He wasn't able to beat Batiste for the job, but he could this year. This position could improve with more experience also. Again, why give up on him so quickly for a new draftee when Blalock couldn't beat him out...

C - McClure has 10 yrs experience. No doubt they are grooming Ben Wilkerson to be his replacement.

RG - Forney - 8 yrs exp

RT - Clabo - 2 yrs experience.

The entire Oline, with the exception of Center and RG, is very young and you are condemning them already instead of given them a chance. Maybe what they should have done is grabbed Houck to teach these kids some sound fundamentals. Too late now. But in any case, the only problem with the Oline is that they need to get more experience. When you throw them all together with 3 of the linemen only having 2 yrs experience...what do you expect to get? They will get better with time.

Let them grab a franchise signal caller that will grow with this team as it starts over, recovering from the mess and bad press this past year from the QB position. They have good RBs, add a prospect WR in this WR heavy class to grow with Ryan, and concentrate the rest of the draft on defense. A top signal caller is so important - who better to know and understand that than a Bills fan?

Lastly, they should consider getting a backup OC for when they have to fire Mularkey after some halfback option flop of a gadget play that gives the other team a victory. :D

EDS
01-25-2008, 03:31 PM
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=3>2007 Game Log <TD align=middle colSpan=5>Receiving</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=5>Rushing</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=2>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>WEEK</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LST</TD></TR><!--count=0 gameWeek=1--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>@MIN</TD><TD align=left>L 24-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270909016) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=1 gameWeek=2--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>@JAC</TD><TD align=left>L 13-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270916030) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>20.3</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=2 gameWeek=3--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>CAR</TD><TD align=left>L 27-20 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270923001) </TD><TD>7</TD><TD>127</TD><TD>18.1</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=3 gameWeek=4--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>HOU</TD><TD align=left>W 26-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270930001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>21.3</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=4 gameWeek=5--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>@TEN</TD><TD align=left>L 20-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271007010) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>18.3</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-2</TD><TD>-2.0</TD><TD>-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=5 gameWeek=6--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD align=left>L 31-10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271015001) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>16.0</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=6 gameWeek=7--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=left>@NO</TD><TD align=left>L 22-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271021018) </TD><TD>8</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>13.8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=7 gameWeek=9--><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>8</TD><TD colSpan=17>Bye</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9</TD><TD align=left>SF</TD><TD align=left>W 20-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271104001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>18.3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=9 gameWeek=10--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>@CAR</TD><TD align=left>W 20-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271111029) </TD><TD>6</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=10 gameWeek=11--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11</TD><TD align=left>TB</TD><TD align=left>L 31-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271118001) </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><!--count=11 gameWeek=12--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>12</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD align=left>L 31-13 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271122001) </TD><TD>6</TD><TD>104</TD><TD>17.3</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=12 gameWeek=13--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>13</TD><TD align=left>@STL</TD><TD align=left>L 28-16 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271202014) </TD><TD>10</TD><TD>146</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><!--count=13 gameWeek=14--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>14</TD><TD align=left>NO</TD><TD align=left>L 34-14 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271210001) </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>25.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=14 gameWeek=15--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>15</TD><TD align=left>@TB</TD><TD align=left>L 37-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271216027) </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=15 gameWeek=16--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>16</TD><TD align=left>@ARI</TD><TD align=left>L 30-27 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271223022) (OT)</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>141</TD><TD>11.8</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--count=16 gameWeek=17--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>17</TD><TD align=left>SEA</TD><TD align=left>W 44-41 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271230001) </TD><TD>5</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>12.4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Heres his stats. Does that look consistant? Evans had a horrible year, but im not comparing them anyway. Im not ripping on Roddy, just saying he is not a number 1 in this league.

That looks like Evans 2006 season. 5 100+ yard games is pretty good and he really only had 3 games with less then 50 yards. I don't see that as bad.

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Once again, never said he was bad. With 10 games under 75 yards, and 10 games with under 5 catches, i reiterate that he is not a number 1 WR in this league.

jamze132
01-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Honestly, he's lucky I have him that high, his stock is dropping as of now, he better have a good combine.
I still say he's a top 15 pick.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 03:42 AM
As I was explaining to Devin last night the Pats have three good starters on the line in Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork but their depth is weak. They could use another end to add to the mix and Ellis is the perfect mix of size and speed for their defense.

Could they go LB, oh yea Im sure they could but I have Ellis in front of Connor and when you are NE you have the luxury of going BPA. I think ideally they'd love to see McFadden fall to them and either take him or trade down with Dallas for him, but I dont prognosticate trades.

Now here is where I disagree with a lot of people. Yes they may lose both Samuel and Gay this offseason, though I think they'll resign Gay. But I dont think there is a CB worth a top 15 pick in this draft let alone the #6. There is a lot of disagreement about who the top CB is over Jenkins, Cason, Talib, and Smith, but none are worth top 10 picks. If the Pats were to go with anybody at CB, I could see them going DRC before anybody else. They like smaller school obscure prospects. DRC has the size, speed, physical game they like out of corners and it would not surprise me to see him be the best CB out of this class. But I dont think they go CB in Rd 1.

To address your points on the Bills which are very well deducted given what Brown has written and his history, but if the Bills FO thinks that our LB core is set with Ellison or Dig starting then we made a bigger mistake then even I imagined through our three headed beast. If they are going to reach on Campbell, or Harvey, or Gholston then we made a mistake. I cannot begin to nor do I need to describe to you or any poster how absolutely vital this draft is. We have 11 shots to get on base, and we need at least 6-7 of these guys to pan out. Not saying immediately, but this draft is pivotal to turning us around. We are this close to the post season, but a bad draft here will screw us over.

Good points as usual, DB. (I really wish that the computer that I am using now would allow me to pos rep you--your posts are always excellent, even when we disagree!)

I know that you don't project trades and I am always very skeptical of projecting them because I know that they are a lot harder to pull off than a lot of people seem to think. But, just for the sake of discussion, I wonder what you think of this: If S.Ellis is gone (as we both figure that he will be--and, sadly, I think you may be right about him going to the Pats, although I absolutely hate that thought!) and K.Rivers is stil on the board when the Bills are up at # 11, what do you think the Bills should/would do if a team that was really "hot" for Rivers (or some other player), picking later in the round, offered the Bills their 1st and a 2nd or 3rd to trade down?

Now, I like Rivers a lot from what I have seen of him (although he did "disappear" in a couple of USC games that I saw) and think that he could be a really good player if the Bills selected him--if they did, I wouldn't be unhappy at all.

But, given the Bills' needs, if they could trade down and get an extra "first day" pick that would allow them to grab a top WR, a TE like F.Davis, a CB, a DT and either an OLB or DE in the first 3 rounds, would they pass on Rivers to do that? Do you think that they should? What would you think if they did that?

I don't know if the opportunity would present itself, but, if it did, I would not be at all surprised if the Bills did trade down if they could get a pretty good additional pick in the deal.

Nobody's really talked about it much, but is there any chance that the Bills might try to trade up to get S.Ellis if he gets past the Jets?

Night Train
01-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Although I wouldn't mind seeing a trade up, I cannot see the Bills doing it for Ellis or anyone else. I don't blame the Bills or anyone viewing the top 10 picks as horribly overpaid (they are) when they haven't proven a thing at the pro level.

Dorsey and Ellis are the cream of the crop at DT but other solid options at DT do exist later in the draft. Rubin of Iowa St., Moore of Maryland, Laws of Notre Dame. Perhaps Harrison of Arkansas.

All this WR talk at #11 seems silly, when none of them are worth a pick that high. Much too high for a TE.

If we cannot deal down at #11, then I'd hope LB's Rivers of USC, Connor of Penn St. or DB McKelvin of Troy would be there for the Bills to pick from. I know Rivers is a great athlete but he does vanish for long stretches and that worries me. I could see the Bills prefering the less athletic but more consistent Connor, especially with Poz already here. McKelvin would instantly start at CB with his shutdown ability, so that would be a solid pick.

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Rivers is my guy, I want to see him in a Bills uniform.

DraftBoy
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Good points as usual, DB. (I really wish that the computer that I am using now would allow me to pos rep you--your posts are always excellent, even when we disagree!)

I know that you don't project trades and I am always very skeptical of projecting them because I know that they are a lot harder to pull off than a lot of people seem to think. But, just for the sake of discussion, I wonder what you think of this: If S.Ellis is gone (as we both figure that he will be--and, sadly, I think you may be right about him going to the Pats, although I absolutely hate that thought!) and K.Rivers is stil on the board when the Bills are up at # 11, what do you think the Bills should/would do if a team that was really "hot" for Rivers (or some other player), picking later in the round, offered the Bills their 1st and a 2nd or 3rd to trade down?

Now, I like Rivers a lot from what I have seen of him (although he did "disappear" in a couple of USC games that I saw) and think that he could be a really good player if the Bills selected him--if they did, I wouldn't be unhappy at all.

But, given the Bills' needs, if they could trade down and get an extra "first day" pick that would allow them to grab a top WR, a TE like F.Davis, a CB, a DT and either an OLB or DE in the first 3 rounds, would they pass on Rivers to do that? Do you think that they should? What would you think if they did that?

I don't know if the opportunity would present itself, but, if it did, I would not be at all surprised if the Bills did trade down if they could get a pretty good additional pick in the deal.

Nobody's really talked about it much, but is there any chance that the Bills might try to trade up to get S.Ellis if he gets past the Jets?

Thank you for the kind words, I respect your posts/opinions on all topics including the draft and I look forward to discussing this with you throughout the remaining time to the draft.

If a team offered us their 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd to move down I would absolutely do it if Ellis is off the board. Say a team like the Jaguars picking 26th would have to move us their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to move up and they would realistically have a need to pick up Rivers. Value wise it would work out to the 11th being worth 1250, and their 26th, 2nd (53 overall), and 3rd (90 overall) being worth 1160, though Id still make the deal based on the extra picks we aquire and the good depth at these picks. (Value Chart; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670)

Now based on my Mock if the Bills are picking 26th overall I have them take one of four players; CB/S Reggie Smith-Oklahoma, DE Kentwan Balmer-UNC, DE Calais Campbell-Miami, and CB Dominique Rodger-Croamartie-Tennessee St. Just hypothetically speaking say we take DRC, and yes Ill admit I have some bias towards this pick I like the kid a lot and while Smith is the smart pick esp if Whitner or Simpson falter I prefer the potential of DRC. Now we then go into the 2nd Rd having addressed our CB need and we have two picks in Rd 2, and three in the 3rd. So I could see them falling like this;

1. DRC
2a. WR James Hardy-Indiana
2b. DE Lawrence Jackson-USC
3a. OLB Erin Henderson-Maryland
3b. TE Kellen Davis-Michigan St
3c. DT Trevor Laws-Notre Dame

That would be a pretty solid first few rounds

Bone
01-26-2008, 03:18 PM

If Ellis gets passed the jets which he will, then he will go to Cinci at 9 for sure.

Oaf
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
DB, what do you think of Cromartie? Think we could get him with our second 3rd?

LifetimeBillsFan
01-27-2008, 07:08 AM

Based on his performance in the Senior Bowl, he will be long gone before then. DB just mentioned him as a possible late 1st round pick and I think he will go by the end of the 2nd round in all likelihood, if not sooner, as well.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Thank you for the kind words, I respect your posts/opinions on all topics including the draft and I look forward to discussing this with you throughout the remaining time to the draft.

If a team offered us their 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd to move down I would absolutely do it if Ellis is off the board. Say a team like the Jaguars picking 26th would have to move us their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to move up and they would realistically have a need to pick up Rivers. Value wise it would work out to the 11th being worth 1250, and their 26th, 2nd (53 overall), and 3rd (90 overall) being worth 1160, though Id still make the deal based on the extra picks we aquire and the good depth at these picks. (Value Chart; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670)

Now based on my Mock if the Bills are picking 26th overall I have them take one of four players; CB/S Reggie Smith-Oklahoma, DE Kentwan Balmer-UNC, DE Calais Campbell-Miami, and CB Dominique Rodger-Croamartie-Tennessee St. Just hypothetically speaking say we take DRC, and yes Ill admit I have some bias towards this pick I like the kid a lot and while Smith is the smart pick esp if Whitner or Simpson falter I prefer the potential of DRC. Now we then go into the 2nd Rd having addressed our CB need and we have two picks in Rd 2, and three in the 3rd. So I could see them falling like this;

1. DRC
2a. WR James Hardy-Indiana
2b. DE Lawrence Jackson-USC
3a. OLB Erin Henderson-Maryland
3b. TE Kellen Davis-Michigan St
3c. DT Trevor Laws-Notre Dame

That would be a pretty solid first few rounds

Thanks, DB!

You are higher on some players than I am (specifically Hardy and K.Davis) at certain spots, but I think it would be terrific if the Bills could get Jackson, Henderson and Laws at the spots you have them at. And, overall, I would be happy with those as their "first day" picks.

I think Henderson could end up being a very good pro and Laws really impressed me at the Senior Bowl. He wasn't just good in the practices, he was also very impressive in the game. He actually played on the nose a few plays and held his own there (on one play he tripped/was tackled as he beat the center and had a clear shot at a sack). He and Jackson both have the kind of motor that would fit in well with the Bills' T-2 scheme.

I have some serious questions about Hardy and would hope that there would still be some better options on the board for the Bills to choose from at that spot. And, the same goes for Davis, although I think the risk with Davis and the difference between him and the other options is less than it is with Hardy. (I know that Hardy has all of the measureables and could develop into a monster down the road, but I have seen Hardy have as many really bad games as I have seen him have really good ones, maybe more--and that scares me about him.)

DraftBoy
01-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks, DB!

You are higher on some players than I am (specifically Hardy and K.Davis) at certain spots, but I think it would be terrific if the Bills could get Jackson, Henderson and Laws at the spots you have them at. And, overall, I would be happy with those as their "first day" picks.

I think Henderson could end up being a very good pro and Laws really impressed me at the Senior Bowl. He wasn't just good in the practices, he was also very impressive in the game. He actually played on the nose a few plays and held his own there (on one play he tripped/was tackled as he beat the center and had a clear shot at a sack). He and Jackson both have the kind of motor that would fit in well with the Bills' T-2 scheme.

I have some serious questions about Hardy and would hope that there would still be some better options on the board for the Bills to choose from at that spot. And, the same goes for Davis, although I think the risk with Davis and the difference between him and the other options is less than it is with Hardy. (I know that Hardy has all of the measureables and could develop into a monster down the road, but I have seen Hardy have as many really bad games as I have seen him have really good ones, maybe more--and that scares me about him.)

I too have serious questions about Hardy and his consistency. His measurables are impressive, though I am curious about his 40 time. I want to see him catch the ball with his hands more and be able to make all the easy catches. His routes need sharpening, especially when coming in and out of cuts. I also think he needs work in the hot route area. He can jump well, and make catches in traffic without a doubt, but if he cant get seperation he will become a one dimensional WR. He needs to get stronger too. Ill be looking to see if he puts on any weight at the combine. His playing weight, according to NFL Draft Scout was 220.

Davis is a guy I saw 4 or 5 times this year and his athleticism is incredible. Being the truly a 6'6 TE is impressive and at 259 he's aright around the perfect weight. Id like to see him break the 4.6 threshold at the combine. He can make the catches, and blocks extremely well. Id like to see his speed increase a little bit.

Laws is a guy I saw every game this season, as I am a huge Notre Dame fan and he was an absolute beast all season. He never quits and can knife through double teams and beat blockers one on one. He may be the most underrated DT in this draft.

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 08:51 AM

In my book he's a late 1st rd, early 2nd rd guy. He won't last much more than that...