• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

GM says Dolphins all ears when it comes to No. 1 draft pick

MOBILE, Ala. -- Let the bidding for the No. 1 pick begin.
    "We're open for business," new Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, on hand to watch practices for the Senior Bowl, told the NFL Network on Wednesday.

Kiper: To Deal, Or Not?

The Dolphins need help on defense and Bill Parcells is a defensive-minded coach, so Mel Kiper says it stands to reason that tackle Glenn Dorsey would be the logical pick. Story

Ireland, whose quote appeared in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, has been working at a breakneck pace since Bill Parcells hired him away from the Cowboys three weeks ago.
    In the time after Ireland became GM, the Dolphins fired Cam Cameron and most of his staff, hired Tony Sparano as coach and started to assemble a staff of assistant coaches.
    "Have I been able to breathe yet? Uh, a little bit," Ireland said Wednesday after watching a Senior Bowl workout. "I'm just glad to be watching some football players."
    Then there's the matter of whether the Dolphins plan to keep the top selection in April's draft or trade it. Based on its just-completed 1-15 season, Miami has a plethora of needs.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be built in a day either," Ireland said, according to the Sun-Sentinel. "The No. 1 pick is no different from the 22nd pick. You've got to make the right selection. You just can't miss on it.

Let the bidding for the No. 1 pick begin. "We're open for business," new Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, on hand to watch practices for the Senior Bowl, told the NFL Network on Wednesday.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: GM says Dolphins all ears when it comes to No. 1 draft pick

They can have JP and our 11th pick for their 1st. It would assure them that the nightmare of JP destroying their team every season is over and they can take full advantage of having a QB that can surf.

The Bills then need to trade the first pick away for a bevy of picks.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

The Dols won't be able to trade the 1st overall pick.

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
        They can have JP and our 11th pick for their 1st. It would assure them that the nightmare of JP destroying their team every season is over and they can take full advantage of having a QB that can surf.

The Bills then need to trade the first pick away for a bevy of picks.

STOP SNIFFING GLUE..........it's bad for you!

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
          The Dols won't be able to trade the 1st overall pick.
          Why? Nobody wants it?
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

The only guy I can see someone wanting to trade up for would be McFadden. Now, the question is, does anyone need McFadden that badly to give up a ton to get him?

The likelihood of the Phins being able to trade the pick is slim.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
              Why? Nobody wants it?
              I wouldn't want it. The only guarantee you get with a #1 pick is that you're going to have to make them one of the highest paid players on your team.

How often does the #1 pick turn out to be the best player? I can't really think of anyone except for Peyton Manning.

How often does the #1 pick turn out to be the most expensive player? Always.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

no one wants the 1st overall pick these days becuz of cap ramifications. hell i was cheering for 49ers to lose their last few so pats would have gotten a higher pick and therefore pay more.

7 years 70 mil for a rookie no one wants that

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  STOP SNIFFING GLUE..........it's bad for you!
                  Funny thing is I thought the same thing when you we're talking SB for the fins. You we're lucky to win 1 and probably have another WR all pegged for your first pick. You'll need someone to throw the rock but hey as long as you have Ginn, your in that's what's important.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

Skooby, I mean nothing negative, but do you know of other forums at BZ? There is an NFL forum as well as countless others. It really seems like you don't or you're just extremely lazy. Plus you forgot to incude "rep thread" to the end of your title of this thread.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                      Skooby, I mean nothing negative, but do you know of other forums at BZ? There is an NFL forum as well as countless others. It really seems like you don't or you're just extremely lazy. Plus you forgot to incude "rep thread" to the end of your title of this thread.
                      Papa, will the fins get to 2 wins this season? Will they draft another WR first again? Those are more important questions you need to ask yourself versus calling me out.

We'll see you around.

Comment

• Static
                        The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                        Papa, will the fins get to 2 wins this season? Will they draft another WR first again? Those are more important questions you need to ask yourself versus calling me out.

We'll see you around.

yes
                        no
                        and Papas right.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

If I were Miami I'd try to trade out also. Dorsey may be tough to pass up, but they need a ton of guys.

If NE were at #1 overall, they would definitely trade out...I wouldn't be surprised to see them move from where they are now anyways.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                            If NE were at #1 overall, they would definitely trade out...I wouldn't be surprised to see them move from where they are now anyways.
                            I wouldn't either.

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            The only guy I can see someone wanting to trade up for would be McFadden.
                            One thing that hurts that scenario is there were a bunch of junior RB who came out this season, making it a very strong RB class. RB-needy teams can wait and still get a good player at the position, which may be the strongest in the draft.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Jerry Jones has a hard-on the size of a house for Dmac. And as Draftboy pointed out the Dallas connection is there as well. Didnt Jerry jones graduate from Arkansas? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Wouldnt shock me at all to see Dallas make a move for him. Hes never hidden his man crush on Dmac.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X