PDA

View Full Version : Bob Matthews: Bills will go 10-6

TypicalBill
04-06-2003, 08:13 AM
What is your early bird forecast for the 2003 Buffalo Bills?

Sept. 7 -- NEW ENGLAND. Playing at home is a big plus for the Bills, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick has Drew Bledsoe’s number until proven otherwise. 0-1.

Sept. 14 -- at Jacksonville. No excuses. Buffalo is a better team. 1-1.

Sept. 21 -- at Miami. It’s a game the Bills can win but probably won’t. 1-2.

Sept. 28 -- PHILADELPHIA. A long afternoon for Donovan McNabb. 2-2.

Oct. 5 -- CINCINNATI. Takeo Spikes and Dick LeBeau will be ready for this one. 3-2.

Oct. 12 -- at New York Jets. The Bills have vastly improved this off-season, while the Jets have slipped. 4-2.

Oct. 19 -- WASHINGTON. The Redskins have made even more changes than Buffalo since last season, but the Bills made more positive moves. The highlight of the game could be Bruce Smith breaking the all-time sacks record against his long-time former team. 5-2.

More (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0406story1_columns.shtml)

venis2k1
04-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info :)

Schobel94
04-06-2003, 08:25 AM
That's rediculous, we'll whomp the Pats. Just becuase they beat us twice last year don't mean *****! We're a different team now, this guy should be shot.

venis2k1
04-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Yea, but he has up beating Philly so it evens out.

p.s. NE is gonna be a MUCH better team than they were last year too.

Schobel94
04-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Defensively, maybe, I can see their defense bein pretty strong, but their O still blows. They have no running game and no long pass, all they have is the dink and dunk, but that aint gonna work this year, not with our speedy LB's. It's gonna be much different this year.

doug45
04-06-2003, 09:41 AM
12-4

I really think this year we will get it going. I can't wait!!

G. Host
04-06-2003, 11:28 AM
We have not seen preseason finish, the draft, June 1 cuts, training camp, preseason games and final cuts. Drew could be hurt in training Warren Sapp could be cut due to bad mouthing of his head coach and sign up with Buffalo or entire Miami team arrested in a drug raid!

Preseason predictions are an idle exercise. Ask again September 1.

TypicalBill
04-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
Preseason predictions are an idle exercise. Ask again September 1.

:lol: but i didn't ask for a prediction, the question was a part of the article :D

superbills
04-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Maybe the record will stay the same, but I don't see us getting swept by the Patsies. I say we lose the Philly game (with a rematch in the Super Bowl!) and beat NE at home. The away game vs. NE could go either way IMO, but I can see us losing that one for the split.

ublinkwescore
04-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Do elaborate SuperBills - do we beat the Eagles in the Superbowl?

I say we beat the Falcons who got Price from us and that's exactly what they needed to get them back to the Superbowl. Dan Reeves VS. GW - GW - he's not cursed like Dan Reeves. Wade Phillips VS. Drew Bledsoe - Wade Phillips gets the nod here - we win by Defense, and we keep Vick in the Pocket with our speedy LBs, and constant pressure from our WHOLE line. Our DB's know Price too well, and Clements plays his most conservative game of the season - and actually deflects more passes then he intercepts.

Our MVP is Moulds, or Bledsoe - both in a tie.

WCoastFin
04-06-2003, 05:29 PM
LMAO! another dreaming baised fan idiot who by mistake got hired by the press....Ill make sure and keep this on my thread tracker to come back after half the season has been played and laugh at it some more.

P.S.(April 6, 2003) — The Answer Man, after chipping the ice off his trusty computer, makes his first spring appearance:

.... as you can see this guy has been living in the Ice age, somebody better tell him OJ simpson isnt the RB anymore.

XNOUGHT
04-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Alot of Patriot trashing.

Its not like any of the game where close.

I think the Bills go 12-4.

10-6 is selling em short.

WCoastFin
04-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Alot of Patriot trashing.

its do to the phrase "Patriots own Bledsoe"

Tatonka
04-06-2003, 05:56 PM
it is kinda like the phrase.. "bills swept miami"

WCoastFin
04-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it is kinda like the phrase.. "bills swept miami"

still stuck on history??? you dont wanna take it there...you'll lose.

Tatonka
04-06-2003, 06:22 PM
well last season is not really history.. last season is all that we are basing every prediction on.. like when you say that ricky is the best.. what are you basing that on? last season.. not 2 seasons ago.. when he sucked with N.O....

so while it is history.. it is immediate history, and the new season hasnt started yet.. so..

dont worry.. the fins will give you another reason to cry this year too when they choke in december and fail to make the playoffs again.. even with after you add seau and grease for their "attitude and experience" of never winning a superbowl and performing horribly in the playoffs.

BillsMan80
04-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey WCoast, unfortunately, what happened 20 or 30 some odd years ago isn't important anymore...in this world, it's What Have You Done For Me Lately, and the Fins haven't done much for us lately....Oh How SWEEP it is.

Demon
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Bob is the biggest idiot in sports. Besides Cuse/Manhatten hes picked Syracuse to LOSE everygame. And guess what, hes been wrong everytime. If you think highly of him, listen to his radio show. He will put you to sleep. No joke either.

Dont take his selections seriously.

WG
04-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, let's face it, SU's history in the tournament doesn't exactly suggest that Boeheim should be eligible for coach-of-the-century.

He got very lucky yesterday and had a very easy route through the tournament. I wanted SU as well, but facts are facts. Kansas went flat after that huge game the other day. Such things are expected when such extreme performances occur.

Plus, a couple of very "sketchy" late calls in favor of SU and against KU, and the outcome may have been reversed.

Great performances by the SU players!

WG
04-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94
That's rediculous, we'll whomp the Pats. Just becuase they beat us twice last year don't mean *****! We're a different team now, this guy should be shot.

The same could be said for us taking two last year from Miami.

I also disagree with Matthews on the Philly game. I think it's gonna be a defensive matchup both ways. Drew has yet to prove to me that he can play w/o giving the game away v. a team w/ a D like Philly's.

I see a low scoring tough, grind-it-out game w/ the winner possibly only having 14-17 points. One Drew INT for a TD can change everything.

I like us going 4-2 division. I can't see us losing to Indy in Buffalo. Won't happen.

I can see us going 3-3 in the division if we lose two to the Pats again. Then we'd likely be 10-6. But if we go 4-2 division, I can't see us being worse than 7-3 v. the rest of the schedule.

Sure, the Giants are tough at home, but it's still difficult to win w/ only 9 points on the board and they're gonna struggle v. our D.

Gimmes: Cincy, Houston, Jax, Washington, Dallas

Could lose on a bad day: Giants, K.C., Jets (2), Indy

Very tough games: Philly, Titans, N.E. (2), Mia (2)

If we win all 5 of the first group (3 home), 4 of 5 in the second (2 home), and 3 of 6 in the third (3 home) we'll be 12-4.

Bulldog
04-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Well, let's face it, SU's history in the tournament doesn't exactly suggest that Boeheim should be eligible for coach-of-the-century.

He got very lucky yesterday and had a very easy route through the tournament. I wanted SU as well, but facts are facts. Kansas went flat after that huge game the other day. Such things are expected when such extreme performances occur.

Only 43 coaches have guided teams to the national championship. Boeheim should have gotten alot more credit for this season than he did. Last time I checked, beating two number one seeds and a number two seed would hardly qualify as an easy route to the championship. And who really cares if Kansas went flat after their game with Marquette. If anyone should have been drained, it should have been Syracuse. They had a much tougher semi-final opponent in Texas. Give credit where credit is due.