PDA

View Full Version : What this team needs to turn it around!

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Let's resign Ruben Brown, Sam Adams, Pat Williams, and Lawyer Milloy.

We can probably talk Bledsoe out of retirement too. Those guys are great, just look at their stats.

patmoran2006
01-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Rather have young guys like Edwards, Lynch, and Poz that aren't there yet, then guys that are well on their way down; even Levy knew that much.

Wilson pisses a lot of people off, none more than myself. But if someone isn't excited about the core talent of this team right now, I have to question how much of a fan they really are.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Rather have young guys like Edwards, Lynch, and Poz that aren't there yet, then guys that are well on their way down; even Levy knew that much.

Wilson pisses a lot of people off, none more than myself. But if someone isn't excited about the core talent of this team right now, I have to question how much of a fan they really are.

I'm thinkin' that Jim Kelly and Thurman may actually help too.

Hope that clears things up. ;)

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Hell, let's dig up Tom Sestak, too.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2008, 08:49 AM

We can probably talk Bledsoe out of retirement too. Those guys are great, just look at their stats.
Wys why dont you seriously tell us what you would do though.

Romes
01-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I think it would be therapeutic for Wys to name 3 things he likes about the Bills. We can build from there. :up:

HHURRICANE
01-25-2008, 09:01 AM

???????

TacklingDummy
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM

He would bring back Travis Brown and Shawn Bryson.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I think it would be therapeutic for Wys to name 3 things he likes about the Bills.
We'd be waiting a long time.

Romes
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
We'd be waiting a long time.

i wouldn't mind.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2008, 10:00 AM
He won't do it guys. He is too busy hating and telling everyone how dumb they are.

don137
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Wys would make a great politician...He is quick to criticize and say what is wrong but does not come up with a realistic plan to fix the problem.

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM

***** about everything and ignore all of the positives?

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
I happen to agree with a lot of his points right now but I think he would be better to focus on the positives

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I think it would be therapeutic for Wys to name 3 things he likes about the Bills. We can build from there. :up:

I like winning!

I like the atmosphere of going to playoff games knowing full damn well that you're going to take it to the house!

I like competent football which is reflected in the ability of my team to move the ball, stop opponents from doing the same, dominating the game via solid time-of-possession, solid rushing, and great D!

Now, go ahead and tell me how we're going to "build from there?"

Please, I'm all ears!

What would be therapeutic is to quit hearing a bunch of ninny apologists making perennial excuses for people that A, have failed over and over again in their roles with this franchise, B, get promoted when they haven't even performed well in the jobs that they were in, and C, continuing to suggest that the team do things that they've already tried and failed and then suggest that they keep doing it over and over again in light of that.

That's therapeutic.

;)

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
***** about everything and ignore all of the positives?

Well, you're right, ticket sales are up.

Another positive is that at least we weren't 31st or 32nd in most stat cats, just a few.

We have good character on this team.

What else did I miss? Oh yeah, everyone at OBD is happy because of the new mood that Marv created.

Wilson's got so many yes men around hiim now that he could be watching himself get lowered into the ground while alive and think that it was going to be fun.

We host 7 of our 8 games in Buffalo in '09, which is nice.

What else?

Romes
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I like winning!

I like the atmosphere of going to playoff games knowing full damn well that you're going to take it to the house!

I like competent football which is reflected in the ability of my team to move the ball, stop opponents from doing the same, dominating the game via solid time-of-possession, solid rushing, and great D!

Please, I'm all ears!

I can't build from there you didn't name things that are true about the Bills. I meant name three things you like about the current team. :mad: :D

What would be therapeutic is to quit hearing a bunch of ninny apologists making perennial excuses for people that A, have failed over and over again in their roles with this franchise, B, get promoted when they haven't even performed well in the jobs that they were in, and C, continuing to suggest that the team do things that they've already tried and failed and then suggest that they keep doing it over and over again in light of that.

That's therapeutic.

;)

put them on ignore :idunno:

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't build from there you didn't name things that are true about the Bills. I meant name three things you like about the current team. :mad: :D

LOL

I know I didn't name three things that are true. You asked for three things that I like about the Bills. Those are three things that I like about the Bills.

Three things I like about the current team?

In what context? Frankly, this team is sunk until Wilson passes and the team gets sold. The methodologies, known, that have been employed by the Bills have already proven to be vacuous and suggest that the coaches don't know what they're doing.

I've documented all of this and have no desire to do it again here now.

Our personnel dept. guys led by Modrak, Guy, and Majeski have failed us in spades. Yet, at least one of those has recently been promoted.

So does it really matter what minor things I like about this team? What I think doesn't matter in the least. What matters is what they think, and they includes a list of people that have failed. Failed not only here but where they came from too.

There's not a whole lot I can get jacked over, thus my decision to quit going out of my way to watch this sorry franchise anymore until I know whether my time and effort will finally be rewarded with an owner that wants to win, A, wants to keep the team in or around Buffalo, B, and C, actually does what it takes to do those things or not.

At that time I will reevaluate whether or not I will follow this team. By all rights this team is as good as gone, also for reasons written about extensively in the past as a result of personal interviews with a number of high level people in this business.

My notions for the team are worlds apart from "their" notions for the team.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:02 AM
put them on ignore :idunno:

Very few people would be left and there would be little fun and amusement then.

These guys are like court jesters.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Mark, it appears that you are beginning to believe your own BS, which is not only dangerous, but is making you extremely antagonistic toward any of us that actually enjoy being fans.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Mark, it appears that you are beginning to believe your own BS, which is not only dangerous, but is making you extremely antagonistic toward any of us that actually enjoy being fans.

LOL

I would seriously question anyone that actually enjoys being a fan of this team now.

Low expectations I guess.

For years many of us here criticized and laughed at fans of other teams such as the Lions, the Cards, the Texans, the Browns, etc. for exactly that reason;

"I couldn't be a fan of the [insert team name here]!"

Now, we've become "those teams," and in fact, all have more hope than we do, and yet, the sentiment hasn't changed.

I hate to break it to ya, but anyone that ever criticized those teams and their fans yet now clings to this Bills franchise/organization/team as an avid fan, is hypocritical.

As usual, I would also challenge the fans' standards. I'm very sorry to see that yours are continually so low.

Look, we know why this team sucks. At least if you're honest you do. Hint: few people here do b/c my pieces have all that in them yet they "don't read them."

Regardless, we know. It's not a big secret where the perpetual failures of this team lie other than to those with their eyes voluntarily closed and their ears voluntarily plugged, which includes many here! But those same people support all the things that are the problems.

Again, not sure what makes them better fans than those fed up with what will obviously be future failure as it now stands.

And sure, we can argue and say "you [Weiler] don't know what the future holds!" Not true! And if my predictions for past seasons is the guide, then I do, fully, as I've called this morass all but to a T over the last better than a decade and even warned about it in '02.

If you want to bring some "skank ho" to your prom, feel free. I'm either going with a nice lookin' gal or staying home! Rather, I'll go out for wings instead.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh, and PS, I was actually wrong about this past season as the team was much worse than even I had predicted.

shelby
01-25-2008, 11:26 AM
:mods:

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Wys, you crack me up man.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Wys, you crack me up man.

That's good 8. I don't like it when everyone takes things too personally.

You crack me up as well. And I'm always open to sitting down and having wings with some people here, not so with others, pretty much any time I'm up in Buffalo.

You included.

I promise you'll have an entirely different perspective afterwards.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
That's good 8. I don't like it when everyone takes things too personally.

You crack me up as well. And I'm always open to sitting down and having wings with some people here, not so with others, pretty much any time I'm up in Buffalo.

You included.

I promise you'll have an entirely different perspective afterwards.
People in WNY are just soft, it happens.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
People in WNY are just soft, it happens.

LOL

Talk about me instigating.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 11:47 AM
LOL

I would seriously question anyone that actually enjoys being a fan of this team now.

Low expectations I guess.

For years many of us here criticized and laughed at fans of other teams such as the Lions, the Cards, the Texans, the Browns, etc. for exactly that reason;

"I couldn't be a fan of the [insert team name here]!"

Now, we've become "those teams," and in fact, all have more hope than we do, and yet, the sentiment hasn't changed.

I hate to break it to ya, but anyone that ever criticized those teams and their fans yet now clings to this Bills franchise/organization/team as an avid fan, is hypocritical.

As usual, I would also challenge the fans' standards. I'm very sorry to see that yours are continually so low.

Look, we know why this team sucks. At least if you're honest you do. Hint: few people here do b/c my pieces have all that in them yet they "don't read them."

Regardless, we know. It's not a big secret where the perpetual failures of this team lie other than to those with their eyes voluntarily closed and their ears voluntarily plugged, which includes many here! But those same people support all the things that are the problems.

Again, not sure what makes them better fans than those fed up with what will obviously be future failure as it now stands.

And sure, we can argue and say "you [Weiler] don't know what the future holds!" Not true! And if my predictions for past seasons is the guide, then I do, fully, as I've called this morass all but to a T over the last better than a decade and even warned about it in '02.

If you want to bring some "skank ho" to your prom, feel free. I'm either going with a nice lookin' gal or staying home! Rather, I'll go out for wings instead.
You know, Mark, I've just been kidding around with you on here, but you are taking yourself WAY too seriously, and I resent your constant insults.

I'm not an objective analyst, I'm a loyal fan. I know there are negatives about this team, but I choose to dwell on the positives.

But you're not an objective analyst, either, because you seem unable to see ANY positives, or at least never to mention them.

Keep on bashing me and the other fans on here who simply enjoy the experience of being a Bills fan. I really feel sorry for you, because all you seem to feel is resentment.

Romes
01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
LOL

I know I didn't name three things that are true. You asked for three things that I like about the Bills. Those are three things that I like about the Bills.

Three things I like about the current team?

In what context? Frankly, this team is sunk until Wilson passes and the team gets sold. The methodologies, known, that have been employed by the Bills have already proven to be vacuous and suggest that the coaches don't know what they're doing.

I've documented all of this and have no desire to do it again here now.

Our personnel dept. guys led by Modrak, Guy, and Majeski have failed us in spades. Yet, at least one of those has recently been promoted.

So does it really matter what minor things I like about this team? What I think doesn't matter in the least. What matters is what they think, and they includes a list of people that have failed. Failed not only here but where they came from too.

There's not a whole lot I can get jacked over, thus my decision to quit going out of my way to watch this sorry franchise anymore until I know whether my time and effort will finally be rewarded with an owner that wants to win, A, wants to keep the team in or around Buffalo, B, and C, actually does what it takes to do those things or not.

At that time I will reevaluate whether or not I will follow this team. By all rights this team is as good as gone, also for reasons written about extensively in the past as a result of personal interviews with a number of high level people in this business.

My notions for the team are worlds apart from "their" notions for the team.

Its cool Wys. I know you've documented your reasons already. no need to repeat yourself ;)

what can i say? I disagree. I think that this team is finally heading in the right direction after the donahoe years. i think there are a number of things this team has going for it. a few more pieces and we are good for the playoffs then hopefully up from there in the following years. call me crazy.

admittedly, I have been a fan for only 18 years and the first years where pretty good. So, I still have some stamina for the mediocre years. and to add to that, i don't think i could just leave the team. good or bad, its just what i do on sundays in the fall.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Being a Bills fan kind of parallels real life. You have to hang in through the tough times, maintain a positive attitude, and enjoy the Hell out of the good times.

Buffatexas
01-25-2008, 12:53 PM
and to think...the Bucs went through almost this exact same thing when Hugh Culverhouse owned the team. I know it was a different era, but still. Cheap owner, on the brink of moving, bad drafts etc. Got bought by an owner who toyed with the notion of moving but got things done and they stayed and they have a ring now, although they have not been the most consistent thing since they won the SB. I would be more than happy if the Bills followed a similar path.

raphael120
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
All this losing will only make the winning that much more enjoyable...right? It's not like as Bills fans, we can have our hearts ripped out much more than they have already been.

All Bills fans are building a lot of good football karma.

Buffatexas
01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I like winning!

you miss the late 80's early 90's dont ya....

I do too

helmetguy
01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
You know, Mark, I've just been kidding around with you on here, but you are taking yourself WAY too seriously, and I resent your constant insults.

I'm not an objective analyst, I'm a loyal fan. I know there are negatives about this team, but I choose to dwell on the positives.

But you're not an objective analyst, either, because you seem unable to see ANY positives, or at least never to mention them.

Keep on bashing me and the other fans on here who simply enjoy the experience of being a Bills fan. I really feel sorry for you, because all you seem to feel is resentment.

I have an analogy, Jan. I tried his wing sauce once. Went through my colon like a bullet train. Read some of his stuff...same effect. I suppose, if I were equally distressed of these gastronomic improprieties as he seems to be over the condition of this team, it may just be worth the time to post incessantly about them. My colon thanks me that I haven't.

helmetguy
01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
There, that oughta get me a warning, eh?

shelby
01-25-2008, 04:48 PM
:club:

helmetguy
01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
:club:

Or at least a dirty look

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh, and PS, I was actually wrong about this past season as the team was much worse than even I had predicted.

Bull****.

You predicted 3 wins. They won 7.

Now, to give you a little background I have a degree in a math related field, so I will do some advanced math theories for you:

3 < 7.

That means 3 is less than 7.

Conversely 7 > 3.

That means 7 is greater than 3.

Now, taking this a little further, it is better when teams win more games.

So, in conclusion this team was much better than you thought. And you never figured on 17 players on IR, a QB controversy and also predicted a record season for Lee Evans.

In essence, your predictions were about as good as the Miami Dolphins were.

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
There, that oughta get me a warning, eh?

Since you never come up for a visit or beer anymore, a kick in the (elderly) ass is more like it.

helmetguy
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Since you never come up for a visit or beer anymore, a kick in the (elderly) ass is more like it.

Give me a shout if you plan on another Zoner Hockey Night out. You can kick my "on the precipice of elderly" ass in person. I miss youse guys.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 01:35 AM

Since it is wins and losses that ultimately count, over the last 4 years your predictions have been wrong more often than they have been correct (3 out of 4 years)--despite that wonderfully amusing article that you wrote during this season trying to prove that your prediction wasn't wrong by dismissing some of the wins that the Bills had to justify your prediction.

You know a lot about football, care more about the Bills than you are willing to admit, and make some good points at times, Mark, but, as I tried to say to you several years ago, you've turned into a "one-trick-pony" saying the same thing over and over and over again, ad nauseum: not content to just beat a dead horse, but feeling that you have to kick it, stomp on it, smash it with a baseball ball and a hammer, then, start beating it again. And, then, when someone tries to point out to you that it's overkill and you would get your point across better by being more subtle and presenting your ideas in a more even-handed or even positive way, you get offended and insult them--treating them like they are stupid for not acknowledging the brilliance of what you are saying.

That's why you get a lot of grief on this messageboard (and others where people have read your articles)--some of it, admittedly, not necessarily deserved--because the tone of your articles and posts invite it. You are obviously an intelligent guy and there are a lot of people here who actually agree with you or see at least some sense in what you are saying, so I am sure that you can find a way to present your ideas in articles and posts in a manner that will not be as antagonistic.

If you are not willing to do that, well, then, remember what you once told me about why you had stopped being active on this messageboard and consider subjecting yourself to the same criticism that you had applied to others.

Like it or not, you're a Bills fan, Mark, and I think you care about the team to much tostop being a fan--so much that you have to tell others what you think and feel about the state of the team. Even if I completely disagree with you, I think that's wonderful. But, you're not going to get people to agree with you by saying the same thing over and over again, effectively beating them over the head--they're either going to agree with you or they're not. I think it would really help if you just lay your thoughts out there, see if there is anything in the feedback that you get that may cause you to alter or sharpen your ideas, and move on to your next point.If you do that, I think your posts and article--and hence your ideas--would get a much better reception.

jamze132
01-26-2008, 01:45 AM
I like winning!

Please, I'm all ears!

That's therapeutic.

;)
31 other cities that house NFL teams have fans that want the exact same thing. But the reality is that I only know of 2 teams that are consistently "taking it to the house". NE and Indy.

Of course we all want the Bills to be a team like that, like we used to be. I highly doubt you were excited when the Bills announced Marv Levy as the next HC of the Bills some time ago.