PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this just scream enthusiasm to you?

shelby
01-25-2008, 08:25 AM
http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/9636A9F159DE4C54B8D0881DE992BDDA.jpg

:crap:

The King
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I like.... Coach Jauron, he deserves to stay on board this season. Then we'll talk.

You thought I was gonna say I like Dick... didnt you?:doh:

Nighthawk
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/9636A9F159DE4C54B8D0881DE992BDDA.jpg

No, it screams "I'm 90 years old and I'm getting my medicaid tomorrow!" Hey, at least that's what it looks like to me.

HHURRICANE
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I have many criticisms of this team but this was a good hire and the best canidate at the time.

I'm not sure he is a playoff caliber coach but he's a good enough coach to at least get us there.

bigbub2352
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I have many criticisms of this team but this was a good hire and the best canidate at the time.

I'm not sure he is a playoff caliber coach but he's a good enough coach to at least get us there.

i am gonna have to disagree, Mike Sherman in my opinion was the best hire, Ralph didnt want to give him the money, i liked Sherman alot, and the past unsuccess of DJ scared me alot, 2 back to back 7-9's and i feel not a whole let better, We r sorta in the right direction, but we need a very good offseason and are more than in postion to do it

mybills
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM

You wanna work on his teeth, dontcha? :snicker: He's got a cross bite or something goin' on there. Maybe it hurts to smile.
:oops:

shelby
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
i had watched some Bills TC footage on nfl network this summer.....Jauron claps a lot, and says, "let's go, men", and "good work, men"....

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I like.... Coach Jauron, he deserves to stay on board this season. Then we'll talk.

Oh, you'll be doing more than talking about November next season.

;)

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I can't wait, it's so fun and amusing to see some of you guys go through wash, rinse, repeat mode every three seasons.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 10:53 AM

Right, and naturally the next time that we fire a HC or GM, ... oh, pardon me, we don't have a GM, ... my bad;

But I digress; the next time we fire Jauron, you can probably bet the farm that the best and brightest won't be available then either, or that they won't want to come here with the team's future now fully known to be pending in Buffalo, or that we won't hire the best anyway as we haven't done in past seasons when much better candidates were available.

And while Jauron may have been the best candidate available from available coaches with experience, I'm sure that we could have found some w/o HC experience that would have been better.

It's all relative.

shelby
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
i just thought the picture was amusing.
:idunno:

mybills
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
But I digress; the next time we fire Jauron,
When did they fire Jauron before?

Ed
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
i am gonna have to disagree, Mike Sherman in my opinion was the best hire, Ralph didnt want to give him the money, i liked Sherman alot, and the past unsuccess of DJ scared me alot, 2 back to back 7-9's and i feel not a whole let better, We r sorta in the right direction, but we need a very good offseason and are more than in postion to do it
How do you know Wilson wouldn't pay Sherman? At the time of the hiring process it was being reported that Levy preffered Jauron and Wilson liked Sherman.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
How do you know Wilson wouldn't pay Sherman? At the time of the hiring process it was being reported that Levy preffered Jauron and Wilson liked Sherman.

There you go again, injecting facts into the matter.

Haven't you learned yet that facts have no place here!

Tsk, tsk! Shame on you.

Bulldog
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Right, and naturally the next time that we fire a HC or GM, ... oh, pardon me, we don't have a GM, ... my bad;

But I digress; the next time we fire Jauron, you can probably bet the farm that the best and brightest won't be available then either, or that they won't want to come here with the team's future now fully known to be pending in Buffalo, or that we won't hire the best anyway as we haven't done in past seasons when much better candidates were available.

And while Jauron may have been the best candidate available from available coaches with experience, I'm sure that we could have found some w/o HC experience that would have been better.

It's all relative.

Wys, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had Buffalo hired another coach without prior head coaching experience, everyone would have screamed about the fact that he must have been hired because he was the cheapest available coach. I honestly think Jauron has done very well for himself considering the overall lack of talent in both 2006(salary dumps) & 2007(myraid of injuries). Honestly, how many coaches do you think would have gotten 7 wins out of the 2007 Buffalo Bills? And if Sherman is so great, why hasn't another team hired him to be their HC?

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 11:26 AM
It screams I'm one of the poorest coaches in the league working with some of the worst talent.

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Wys, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had Buffalo hired another coach without prior head coaching experience, everyone would have screamed about the fact that he must have been hired because he was the cheapest available coach. I honestly think Jauron has done very well for himself considering the overall lack of talent in both 2006(salary dumps) & 2007(myraid of injuries). Honestly, how many coaches do you think would have gotten 7 wins out of the 2007 Buffalo Bills? And if Sherman is so great, why hasn't another team hired him to be their HC?

See, there's the difference between you and I. You care what "everyone" thinks where as I could give a rat's arse.

Honestly, how many coaches do you think would have gotten 7 wins out of the 2007 Buffalo Bills?

Plenty in our division. You talk as if we beat good teams. Not true. They all suck with the possible exception of the Skins whom we beat on odd end of game circumstances, at the very last seconds, and in a game in which their entire team was both visibly and understandably down due to the death of a very close and good teammate.

We beat the Jets twice and the Fins twice!

You make far too much out of us going 7-9. Other than for the Pats, this is the weakest division in the history of the NFL.

Case in point: the division otherwise won 12 games. 6 were vs. each other. Of the six remaining games, 2 wins were v. the Ravens (5-11), one v. the Chiefs (4-12), one v. the Bengals (7-9), one v. the Skins (9-7), and the Steelers (10-6) who were grossly overrated due to a ridiculously easy schedule. Either way, we didn't beat them, the Jets did.

In fact, the Steelers are a great example. They started off what, 9-3, but didn't beat a single decent team in that stretch unless you consider the Browns good. Regardless, the Browns were the only winning team they beat.

They played three playoff teams and lost all three games during the regular season and then dropped another game to the Jags in Pittsburgh in the wild card round.

Yes, they finished 10-6 but were a very mediocre team, very.

Now, why is it that you'll likely accept such an analysis about another team, but won't for our team?

Or that if I suggest, as I feel, that the Pats wouldn't have done quite what they did had they been in say the AFCS or the NFCE?

RockStar36
01-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I hated the hire when it happened.

I hate how he is just claps at everything and doesn't show more enthusiasm.

I hate how the offense and defense have sucked my butt recently.

However I will give him credit for coming together with so many injuries, a jacked up QB situation, and lesser talent than any other team and at least having an outside shot at the playoffs in December.

I'd like to see how this team does with many improvements in FA and draft.

Bulldog
01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Honestly, how many coaches do you think would have gotten 7 wins out of the 2007 Buffalo Bills?

Plenty in our division. You talk as if we beat good teams. Not true. They all suck with the possible exception of the Skins whom we beat on odd end of game circumstances, at the very last seconds, and in a game in which their entire team was both visibly and understandably down due to the death of a very close and good teammate.

So wait, we beat both of the other teams in our division 2X, but some how those same coaches that Jauron defeated would have guided Buffalo to at least seven wins? For a person who readily admits that Buffalo has little to no talent, how is this possible? Face it Wys, perhaps the only other person in the AFC East that could have gotten seven wins out of that team is BB. And last time I checked, he wasn't available when Buffalo was hiring their coach. Maybe if the front office actually knew what they were doing and we didn't have the stupid cash to cap, just maybe Jauron could have some success. And I don't know where you came up with this idea that I care about what others think. I know very few people on this message board on a personal level and could really give two hoots what others think.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I'd like to see how this team does with many improvements in FA and draft.
So will many of us. Then, like the Schonert promotion, the FO realignment and everything else Bills related, we can listen to the all knowing Wys tell us why and how badly each and every personnel move sucks.

mayotm
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
See, there's the difference between you and I. You care what "everyone" thinks where as I could give a rat's arse. Rebel without a cause.

Bulldog
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Rebel without a cause.

Think he's going platinum?

yordad
01-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Doesn't the sentence "I"ll never knock them for their effort" scream "our team is under talented"?

shelby
01-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Like being the tallest midget?

Meathead
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
someday id like to find out about the tragic accident that took his lips

yordad
01-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Like being the tallest midget?Yep

YardRat
01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
He looks pretty stoked to me.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
He's such a Dick.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Well actually to me it does not scream enthusiasm.. it screams Euthanasia.

:oops: :dance:

Ebenezer
01-25-2008, 11:25 PM
It screams constipation

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 02:34 AM
He looks like a very demanding father-figure to me.

Based on the comments that I have read from some of the players who have played for him, Jauron is a guy who treats his players like men, is very calm and doesn't say much, but, when he does have something to say, especially if he is unhappy, he gets his point across.

I remember a pretty good coach who was very similar to that, named Tom Landry. The TV announcers used to joke about the fact that he never smiled. Now, I'm not comparing Jauron, as a coach, to Landry by any means, but just trying to point out that a coach does not have to be outwardly emotional or yell a lot to get his players' attention.

I remember the first coach I had in HS: a little short, soft-spoken guy. We're all getting ready before our first home game and the assistant HC was running around the room screaming at players, pounding them on their shoulder pads, trying to get everyone psyched up...and not really succeeding. Then, the HC walked into the room and said, "Enough, coach", to him to shut him up and then waved us all over to him. As we stood in a circle around the HC, he said, very quietly, "How many games in a row have we won on this field?" Someone answered, "Fifteen". In a barely audible whisper, our HC said, "How many?" We literally broke one of the doors off of the gym as we ran out onto the field screaming "Sixteen! Sixteen!" The other team looked at us like we were crazy--and they never knew what hit them once the game started. In addition to being the head coach, he was my position coach for two years before he moved on and never--not once--did he ever raise his voice to me or any of the other guys even in practice. But, I can tell you now that I would have done and would still do anything for that head coach--and I think that most of the guys who played for him feel the same way.

I don't know if Jauron is a good enough "in-game" coach to take this Bills team to a Super Bowl, but he just might be the right kind of coach for a team as young as the Bills are. He certainly has done a good job of getting them to play hard for him and in getting them to start minimizing the number of stupid penalties that they take. And, that's a sign that the HC is getting his message through to his players, even if he isn't smiling, frowning or yelling at them a lot.

DynaPaul
01-27-2008, 10:42 PM
"I'm getting a good paycheck and I don't even have to win a lot. Thanks Ralph!"