PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a pool?

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Everyone that's interested pitches in a predetermined amount, and we all guess when the news of the team's officially being sold is released.

Closest one either side wins.

Any interest?

That would at least inject an element of interest in an otherwise defunct team.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
:rofl: you're laying it on them thick. Be prepared for the :negrep: flood.

Haven't you heard the news? Jim Kelly is going to save the Bills, where have you been?

Wys Guy
01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
:rofl: you're laying it on them thick. Be prepared for the :negrep: flood.

Haven't you heard the news? Jim Kelly is going to save the Bills, where have you been?

Oh, I know, Thurman and Kelly are going to pool their few tens of millions to buy a team that will likely sell for nearly a billion. LOL

I am serious however, not trying to lay it on. I've got my date all laid out.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh, I know, Thurman and Kelly are going to pool their few tens of millions to buy a team that will likely sell for nearly a billion. LOL

I am serious however, not trying to lay it on. I've got my date all laid out.
The day Ralph finally kicks the barrel is the day the Bills are gone.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I really have no idea anymore. I would think Ralph won't sell before he dies.

Devin
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Sadly Wys this is likely the only thing I agree with you on.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Unbelievable. A defunct team? Did you notice we were 7-9 last year, and two seconds from 9-7? That we managed that with 17 guys on IR, a rookie QB taking over, and an offensive coordinator with all the imagination of a stump.

Did you also notice that we have 10 draft picks, a new coordinator, some good players coming back from injury, and a number of second and third year guys who will be better with experience?

Apparently not.

madness
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyone interested in a pool?

Only if there's enough chlorine to kill that negative stench that follows you around.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Unbelievable. A defunct team? Did you notice we were 7-9 last year, and two seconds from 9-7? That we managed that with 17 guys on IR, a rookie QB taking over, and an offensive coordinator with all the imagination of a stump.

Did you also notice that we have 10 draft picks, a new coordinator, some good players coming back from injury, and a number of second and third year guys who will be better with experience?

Apparently not.
Ah, the glass is half full.

How's that been working for you the past forty+ years?

mayotm
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM

How's that been working for you the past forty+ years?Whether it's cheering for the Bills or any other aspect of life, looking at the glass half full is a much better way to live your life.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Whether it's cheering for the Bills or any other aspect of life, looking at the glass half full is a much better way to live your life.Life in general yes; Buffalo Bills no.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM

How's that been working for you the past forty+ years?
Pretty damned well. As a Bills' fan, and in real life. Thanks for asking.

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2008, 02:26 PM
As you get older the glass gets more and more full or you feel like dying.

Jan Reimers
01-25-2008, 03:00 PM
At my age, every morning that I don't find my name in the obituaries is the start of a great day.

X-Era
01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Everyone that's interested pitches in a predetermined amount, and we all guess when the news of the team's officially being sold is released.

Closest one either side wins.

Any interest?

Re: Anyone interested in a pool?

I dont think my trailer is big enough to handle it.... oh wait....

mayotm
01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
That would at least inject an element of interest in an otherwise defunct team.If the team is so uninteresting, why do you continue to write about them? You certainly seem plenty interested.

shelby
01-25-2008, 06:00 PM
i have a pool already...but thanks for asking!

YardRat
01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see the results from the challenge at the beginning of this season before committing to another, thanks.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-25-2008, 11:51 PM
At my age, every morning that I don't find my name in the obituaries is the start of a great day.

Every day that I can actually get up is the start of a great day...!

And, if I didn't see the glass as being half full, believe me, I wouldn't even be able to do that.

TacklingDummy
01-26-2008, 07:27 AM
:spam:

Wys Guy
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
The day Ralph finally kicks the barrel is the day the Bills are gone.

I don't know about the day, but IMO it will depend upon when that happens. If it happens during the season, my guess is that the news would come within 60 days of the end of the season but prior to the draft for sure.

If it were to occur in the offseason, then my guess would be much sooner.

IMO the Bills would play one more full season (minus whatever games are already in Toronto by then) at RWS, before the team moves to Toronto permanently, even if it means playing in the Rogers Centre/Sky Dome for a season while they build a new stadium to NFL caliber.

Either way, a key date is October 28th, 2009 is the 50th Anniversary of Wilson's having bought the team.

The 2009 season also marks the team's 40th year in the NFL.

So call me nuts, but I'm expecting the news to come following that season.

Two more seasons, then perhaps a third as a farewell/good riddance of sorts for those with ambivalence.

Wys Guy
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM

Apparently not.

Yeeaaahhhh!!! A new coordinator! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

I sure hope he's as good as the old one that paved the way for the worst scoring offense in the league and one that you cheered about too when he came on board.

And boy, who can possibly argue Jauron's mastermindedness. You simply don't achieve a 50-67 coaching record without doing something right, eh!

Did you notice that the quality of teams that we beat this year in our 7-9 record wasn't nearly as good as those of last year?

Did you notice that we had the absolute worst scoring O in the entire league Jan? Or has that eluded your keen eye for detail and relevance here?

How about our regression almost across the board statistically?

How about the notion that of our 7 wins six were against the Fins twice, Jets twice, Ravens, and Bengals, and barely in four of the six games? Not a winning team among them with us only beating the Skins with help from Gibbs and in a game in which they've never been so down due to a traumatic death of a teammate?

How about that Losman actually got worse under the direction of those whom you BILL-ieved in last year? That for other than one game vs. Miami, you're "great white hope" of Edwards that "whippersnapper young rookie QB" that took over posted stats right up there with some of the worst, and even highly touted, QBs of the past that never even became good backups much less even low-end starters? Or did that elude you too?

How about our sack production as a result of this massively disruptive defense plummeting from 40 (8th) to 26 (29th)?

Or how our passing offense dropped from an utterly pathetic 169.9 ypg (28th) and 19 TDs (3-way tie for 17th) last year to an even more pathetic 164.6 (30th) and 12 TDs (3-way tie for 31st) this year, with a better OL and supposedly a better RB? Or with the same QB up front for which a worse one was substituted by those whom you "trust" to provide you with even more viewing pleasure?

Or how in spite of the glaring lack of any statistical evidence, and again, with a better OL, worse rushing production and no more from Lynch than McGahee ever gave us including no big, bad home run threat that we were promised, just as we were with McGahee, and little significant rushing performance between the two RBs otherwise and nearly identical production in the passing game when that's why we supposedly brought Lynch on? Oh, but I forgot, Lynch has gold tooth! That's a plus. Sadly, it's about as substantive that anything else our sorry organization tries to peddle to those that are still listening. A bunch of snake oil salesmen.

Or the inexcusable dropoff in Evans' production which was clearly on the QBs and coaches. But don't forget, and keep telling yourself how great Schonert was with the QBs. You'll have to in order to believe it. Remember, a lie told often enough eventually becomes the truth.

I mean if you want to laugh at something Jan, try having a guffaw over your own positions, which are entirely unsubstantiated.

This just in, but this team stayed right at 30th in yardage offense with all kinds of reasons to hope for more, and 23rd and 18.8 ppg to 30th and 15.8 ppg while seeing their offense drop to 32nd from wherever it was last season in scoring; and defensively from 18th and 329.6 ypg to 31st and 362.9 ypg this season in yardage D and from 10th and 19.4 ppg to 18th and 22.1 in scoring D?

Meanwhile you cite more future prospects that you don't even know yet and whom we haven't even drafted yet as all but the sum total of declaring my statement of 'defunct' absurd.

The only thing, besides the team, that's defunct here Jan is your analysis as well. What's next, you wanna explain how new cups at the concession stand are going to improve the product on the field, or heated crapper seats or some other nonsense like that.

ROFLMAO

Hell, maybe if the new FO all wear the same tie it'll bring us luck. Or if the coaching staff on the sidelines for games all wear conehead masks or something like that too.

LOL

Wys Guy
01-26-2008, 11:25 AM

LOL

Wys Guy
01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see the results from the challenge at the beginning of this season before committing to another, thanks.

When I have time and interest. If my memory serves me correctly, on four people chimed in and not one provided specifically what I put up to contrast thereby necessarily creating more work for me to dicipher/translate any such results.

Two of the four, again, if I'm not mistaken, provided only record.

I honestly don't feel like expending my time right now to do all that for this pathetic season.

I'll tell ya what though, who thinks we'll have a winning season next year?

I'm more than happy to make some more wagers w/ 8-8 as a O/U for season wins, right now? In fact, I'll lay aside a good amount of clams for exactly that.

Since the Bills aren't providing much entertainment, perhaps I can make some more money off of them this season again.

Dr. Lecter
01-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Since the Bills aren't providing much entertainment, perhaps I can make some more money off of them this season again.

"Winning is not everything, it is the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

No

"Pretty Stats is not everything, it is the only thing."

Like it or not, winning/losing is more important than stats.

And, how much did you make this year? Just curious.

YardRat
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
When I have time and interest. If my memory serves me correctly, on four people chimed in and not one provided specifically what I put up to contrast thereby necessarily creating more work for me to dicipher/translate any such results.

I honestly don't feel like expending my time right now to do all that for this pathetic season.

I'll tell ya what though, who thinks we'll have a winning season next year?

I'm more than happy to make some more wagers w/ 8-8 as a O/U for season wins, right now? In fact, I'll lay aside a good amount of clams for exactly that.

I beg to differ...I believe I followed your instructions to a T, and I think tdummy did also.

8-8 is a pretty big step up for you...Don't quite have the confidence in a four or five win season that you have expected in the past?

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 02:51 PM
"Winning is not everything, it is the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

And some people still support Wilson :shakeno: