PDA

View Full Version : Laying it Out There Right Now...Jauron Will Be Fired Next Season

raphael120
01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Personally, i think he has enough good reason to be fired right now. Anyone who lets our offense be new franchise record breaking worst, our defense give up a new franchise record of points against in a single game, and even have such a crappy evaluation of talent and coordinators (Fairchild), not even going to get into the Denver and Dallas game (especially the collosal collapse)...I just don't see how anyone can really lose sight of all the stupid decisions Jauron made.

You can bring in whatever you want, get rid of the OC, promote whoever, but the man in charge remains.

If you go to work, and your boss is clueless and unproductive...and he fires his assistant, promotes the guy who was working for someone even more clueless and unproductive...how is this supposed to inject confidence?

Jauron had a final say in all of the coaching decisions that were horrible...

He applauds our team scoring a field goal when we're down 20 points in the 4th.

I want a coach, not a motivational speaker.

Right now the Bills are in a VAN...DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Buffatexas
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
like it or not, DJ is getting a pass. And before I get blasted on, let me just say that I think he deserves that pass on the sole basis of keeping this team together despite the 15 or so injuries we had.

With that said, I can give him a pass because of that, but I cannot give a pass when your OC quits with three left and basically says "screw it" and not even game plan for the remaining three games. If Turk performs a miracle and gets this O in a top 13 spot and the D also finishes in the top 13 and we have a winning record (playoffs or not) then DJ can stay. BUT THEY MUST IMPROVE. Any regression by midseason should be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

blackonyx89
01-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Ralph is content right now and is hoping that his shifting of staff will pay off in the long run and bring in the talent DJ needs. I'm not convinced Jauron's the man,but he gets one more season. Eventually, he will be fired if he doesn't produce on the field. That goes for anything your job or coaching a team.

The King
01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
This season is do or die for DJ. And I am cool with that. He earned the right to stay on board this year

The King
01-25-2008, 01:35 PM
who knows maybe Cowher will be into coaching again...

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Ask yourself something......... and be honest........... You think that Ralph would pay Cowher what he wants to be the coach of this team?

And why would Cowher want to coach this team?

Honest questions for you. Because I don't see either one.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
As much as I dislike him and hate Ralph I agree. He should get this year to make or break himself. But he has got to get this offense going and make them respectable.

The King
01-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Ask yourself something......... and be honest........... You think that Ralph would pay Cowher what he wants to be the coach of this team?

And why would Cowher want to coach this team?

Honest questions for you. Because I don't see either one.

Ask yourself this.... will Ralph Wilson be alive in a year?

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Ask yourself this.... will Ralph Wilson be alive in a year?
God I hope not........ I mean....... I sure hope so, man he's a great guy.

shelby
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Everything i've read indicates that the organization loves Dick Jauron.
He'd have to really :curse: something up to get fired.
The entire reason no GM was named was to ensure that Jauron has more control over personnel....at least that's how i understood it.

raphael120
01-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Everything i've read indicates that the organization loves Dick Jauron.
He'd have to really :curse: something up to get fired.
The entire reason no GM was named was to ensure that Jauron has more control over personnel....at least that's how i understood it.

Well I think for him to create upheaval amongst Bills fans is another season without playoffs, another season with basement bottom stat rankings, or another season of stagnation.

It don't matter if Ralph likes him or not. You'll start seeing empty seats at the Ralph if this crap doesn't make a 180' this season. I expect nothing less than playoffs. You get 3 years, just like Greg Williams. I honestly think that if we dont turn things around this year, the Bills never will...I think they'll be sold before they'll be a contender in Buffalo.

shelby
01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
That's sad....i hope it doesn't happen like that.

It would absolutely ruin football for me.

Mr. Pink
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
DJ isn't going anywhere, barring a 2-14 collapse.

We could finish 7-9 and he'll be here again.

The job he did this year to get us to 7-9 with guys who shouldn't be Arena League players was admirable in and of itself.

The only troublesome part is, it seemed, that the entire team had a huge letdown and gave up after the Cleveland game.

DJ's job is to keep the players motivated and prepared. Of course, a leader on the field would help in this dep't also. Another dep't that we clearly lacked last season.

YardRat
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
DJ gets this year and then we can re-evaluate at that point.

gr8slayer
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
It's hard to blame everything on Jauron, he isn't given the talent to be a championship team by ownership.

Owen DeBoard
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Theres this thing called a haftime adjustment. Dick really needs to impove on this area if he wants to start being a successful coach.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
The odds are greater that Jauron will be named GM (perhaps with P.Fewell or B.April succeeding him as HC to keep him from leaving) than they are that Jauron will be fired.

Ralph made it clear that he knew that the team was too young and did not have enough talent to win this season and that he thought Jauron was doing a good job when he remarked to the media that he never thought that the team would win seven games this year. And, Ralph is not going to fire a HC who has exceeded his own expectations--so just forget about that happening (certainly before the end of next season).

If you read or listen to the comments that Jauron and Schonert have made recently, they know that the team has to get better and win more next season--contrary to what a lot of people here may think, these guys are not stupid...one went to Yale and the other to Stanford. And, I'm sure that they are going to do their best, within the limits of what is possible and what the organization's financial limitations will allow them to do, to achieve that goal.

Even if you assume that every other team on the Bills schedule next season is also going to improve, if you look at the Bills schedule in 2008, you will see that it is easier than this year's schedule, with 9-11 winable games (with the teams being what they are right now).

And, the Bills will be better--at least talent-wise--next season because they will add a free agent or two (probably a # 2 WR and/or a D-lineman and/or a OLB) and will be bringing back many (though probably not all) of the 17 players that they had on IR this season, in addition to their draft picks. That means that, if the young players that they have continue to develop, they will have a handful of budding star players, some solid players, and very good role-players and depth.

Against the schedule that they are going to be playing, if Schonert does what he has said that he is going to do as OC, the Bills will have enough talent to beat enough teams to have a winning record, if not make the playoffs (if they just beat the teams that they are supposed to beat, the teams with less than .500 records, they will get to 8-9 wins).

If the Bills win 8-10 games next season, Jauron is not going to be fired. If they win 10+, which is not out of the question, he will get even more time.

The only way that Jauron gets fired after next season is if the team makes a massive step backwards or there is a lockerroom revolt and the team quits on him. And, the odds of that happening with the schedule that the Bills have next season are certainly less than the odds of the Bills winning 8-10 games.

Now, I don't know if Jauron is or can become a good enough "in-game" coach to take the Bills to the point where they will be serious Super Bowl contenders, capable of winning a Super Bowl, but I think that Ralph Wilson sees him as being capable of taking the team to the next level in their development--which is to get them to the point where they will be able to win enough to make the playoffs. And, if I am right that Wilson sees Jauron as being a HC who can do that, there's no way that he is going to fire him. It's just not going to happen.

Now, Jauron is going to get the team to beat the teams that they should beat next season, but the odds of him doing that are better than the odds of the team collapsing and quitting on him at this point.

jamze132
01-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Of course he will, in Carolina after this season when they fire John Fox.

raphael120
01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Ralph shouldn't be paying Jauron to be a good motivator.

Jaurons job is to win games. Enough games to get us to the playoffs.

If we have another 7-9 season, and that is deemed acceptable by Bills fans, and the organization, I'm going to cut myself loose of this franchise while the getting is good. If the H.M.S. Bills is going to crash into a iceberg and sink anyways, might as well get my lift raft on and take a row boat next season than deal with the agony of being on the ship when it hits the iceberg named Toronto.

blackonyx89
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
When DJ goes, Schottenheimer's the next coach. I pray and hope!

:candle:

HHURRICANE
01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Jauron's future rests completely on FA and the draft this year. Certainly he will need to produce a 10 win season to keep his job and we'll see if Ralph gives him the players.

njsue
01-26-2008, 05:46 PM
First the defense needs to be upgraded. The offense needs to really step it up.
Believe that Turk will turn the offense around.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 06:14 PM
First the defense needs to be upgraded. The offense needs to really step it up.
Believe that Turk will turn the offense around.
Two things real quick Sue:
- We've consistently had one of the worst O's in the league since Williams first got here. We cannot beat anyone if we cannot score.

- I know that you're generally an optimistic person (at least on the boards) but exactly what makes you think that he's going to turn it around? He has been on this offensive staff that has been one of the worst for the better part of a decade.

Also, consider the talent he has to work with....... Evans is still our only even remotely good WR, you already know how I feel about Lynch, and Edwards showed nothing to get excited about. Unless Wilson goes away from his norm we're not going to upgrade with anyone worth talking about; I know everyone's going to bring up that he spent a ton of cash last year and I applaud him for that, but it clearly wasn't even close to enough. I'm not asking for him to break the bank and go after every single player in FA, that's not how you win championships. I'm just asking for a proven difference maker.

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Personally, i think he has enough good reason to be fired right now. Anyone who lets our offense be new franchise record breaking worst, our defense give up a new franchise record of points against in a single game, and even have such a crappy evaluation of talent and coordinators (Fairchild), not even going to get into the Denver and Dallas game (especially the collosal collapse)...I just don't see how anyone can really lose sight of all the stupid decisions Jauron made.

You can bring in whatever you want, get rid of the OC, promote whoever, but the man in charge remains.

If you go to work, and your boss is clueless and unproductive...and he fires his assistant, promotes the guy who was working for someone even more clueless and unproductive...how is this supposed to inject confidence?

I said this from Day 1 (hence the title of my avatar) We had a chance at a bright future when TD was fired, only to get Marv and Dick. Sorry marv, you were great in the day but a great GM you were not. And Dick, lets just say he never was and never will be anything but a joke.

shelby
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Let's hire manboobs as our new Defensive Coordinator!
:snicker:

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd take him, we were better under him than we are now.

Wys Guy
01-27-2008, 10:52 AM

Oh yeah, I'm sure he'd be really excited to come back to Buffalo. His arse is probably still sore from Donadope's boot print.

shelby
01-27-2008, 10:57 AM
i should have inserted the /sarcasm tag, my bad.

Oaf
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
No doubt it's winning record or bust in 2008 for DJ, he said it himself in his last interview.

So you can hold off these Ultimatums Raphael, he gets it.

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 11:11 PM
No doubt it's winning record or bust in 2008 for DJ, he said it himself in his last interview.

So you can hold off these Ultimatums Raphael, he gets it.
I think it's more like play-off run or bust for DJ this year.

Wally The Barber
01-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Wasn't Jauron one of the finalists for coach of the year after a 7-9 records and a ton of injuries and a QB switch in mid season.

The guy that needed to be fired quite........Steve Fairchild.

The fastest way to last place is to continue to dump coaches and give some new coach the job.

Dick Jauron coached the Bears to 13-3 and I see no reason he can't do that here.

Jauron Fired?

Yah right!

venis2k1
01-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Wasn't Jauron one of the finalists for coach of the year after a 7-9 records and a ton of injuries and a QB switch in mid season.

The guy that needed to be fired quite........Steve Fairchild.

The fastest way to last place is to continue to dump coaches and give some new coach the job.

Dick Jauron coached the Bears to 13-3 and I see no reason he can't do that here.

Jauron Fired?

Yah right!

Jauron also lead that bears team to 5-11, 6-10, 4-12 and 7-9 seasons....and 1-4 as HC in Detroit, and a pair of 7-9 in Buffalo. It seems to me that that 13 win season 7 years ago was the exception, not the norm.

djjimkelly
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM

your points your laying out right here is why i was going off we need to fire them all jauron is a lame duck coach is 2008 whether people want to believe it or not thats why the move should have been made this year. i dont want to see the coaching staff change every year but i know this guy will have to be changed sooner then later so why not sooner becuase it will have to be done after this season anyways.

djjimkelly
01-28-2008, 09:47 AM

why stop there id take him back as HC hes the best coach we've had since levy left