• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Laying it Out There Right Now...Jauron Will Be Fired Next Season

Personally, i think he has enough good reason to be fired right now. Anyone who lets our offense be new franchise record breaking worst, our defense give up a new franchise record of points against in a single game, and even have such a crappy evaluation of talent and coordinators (Fairchild), not even going to get into the Denver and Dallas game (especially the collosal collapse)...I just don't see how anyone can really lose sight of all the stupid decisions Jauron made.

You can bring in whatever you want, get rid of the OC, promote whoever, but the man in charge remains.

If you go to work, and your boss is clueless and unproductive...and he fires his assistant, promotes the guy who was working for someone even more clueless and unproductive...how is this supposed to inject confidence?

Jauron had a final say in all of the coaching decisions that were horrible...

He applauds our team scoring a field goal when we're down 20 points in the 4th.

I want a coach, not a motivational speaker.

Right now the Bills are in a VAN...DOWN BY THE RIVER!
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Re: Laying it Out There Right Now...Jauron Will Be Fired Next Season

like it or not, DJ is getting a pass. And before I get blasted on, let me just say that I think he deserves that pass on the sole basis of keeping this team together despite the 15 or so injuries we had.

With that said, I can give him a pass because of that, but I cannot give a pass when your OC quits with three left and basically says "screw it" and not even game plan for the remaining three games. If Turk performs a miracle and gets this O in a top 13 spot and the D also finishes in the top 13 and we have a winning record (playoffs or not) then DJ can stay. BUT THEY MUST IMPROVE. Any regression by midseason should be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

Comment

• blackonyx89
      HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
      • Mar 2005

Ralph is content right now and is hoping that his shifting of staff will pay off in the long run and bring in the talent DJ needs. I'm not convinced Jauron's the man,but he gets one more season. Eventually, he will be fired if he doesn't produce on the field. That goes for anything your job or coaching a team.
      Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

This season is do or die for DJ. And I am cool with that. He earned the right to stay on board this year
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

who knows maybe Cowher will be into coaching again...
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
            who knows maybe Cowher will be into coaching again...
            Ask yourself something......... and be honest........... You think that Ralph would pay Cowher what he wants to be the coach of this team?

And why would Cowher want to coach this team?

Honest questions for you. Because I don't see either one.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

As much as I dislike him and hate Ralph I agree. He should get this year to make or break himself. But he has got to get this offense going and make them respectable.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Ask yourself something......... and be honest........... You think that Ralph would pay Cowher what he wants to be the coach of this team?

And why would Cowher want to coach this team?

Honest questions for you. Because I don't see either one.
                Ask yourself this.... will Ralph Wilson be alive in a year?
                It was all

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  Ask yourself this.... will Ralph Wilson be alive in a year?
                  God I hope not........ I mean....... I sure hope so, man he's a great guy.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

Everything i've read indicates that the organization loves Dick Jauron.
                    He'd have to really something up to get fired.
                    The entire reason no GM was named was to ensure that Jauron has more control over personnel....at least that's how i understood it.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                      Everything i've read indicates that the organization loves Dick Jauron.
                      He'd have to really something up to get fired.
                      The entire reason no GM was named was to ensure that Jauron has more control over personnel....at least that's how i understood it.
                      Well I think for him to create upheaval amongst Bills fans is another season without playoffs, another season with basement bottom stat rankings, or another season of stagnation.

It don't matter if Ralph likes him or not. You'll start seeing empty seats at the Ralph if this crap doesn't make a 180' this season. I expect nothing less than playoffs. You get 3 years, just like Greg Williams. I honestly think that if we dont turn things around this year, the Bills never will...I think they'll be sold before they'll be a contender in Buffalo.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla admin
                        • Jul 2002

That's sad....i hope it doesn't happen like that.

It would absolutely ruin football for me.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

DJ isn't going anywhere, barring a 2-14 collapse.

We could finish 7-9 and he'll be here again.

The job he did this year to get us to 7-9 with guys who shouldn't be Arena League players was admirable in and of itself.

The only troublesome part is, it seemed, that the entire team had a huge letdown and gave up after the Cleveland game.

DJ's job is to keep the players motivated and prepared. Of course, a leader on the field would help in this dep't also. Another dep't that we clearly lacked last season.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

DJ gets this year and then we can re-evaluate at that point.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

It's hard to blame everything on Jauron, he isn't given the talent to be a championship team by ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X