PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Anonymous?

bflojohn
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
There is a short review of players in The Sporting News, who played in the east/ West Shrine game, that has a "rise or fall" feature to it and the West Squad had a player named Ahtyba Rubin, DT , Iowa State and here is what their analysis was....
He wowed scouts at the weigh-in, looking unusually muscular and in shape for a 321 lb'er, and built on that as the week went on. Rubin showed the brute strength to control one-on-one blocks, plus he flashed good athletisim. He may have moved himself into the first round.
Comment: with all the clamoring for Sedrick Ellis,DT, USC maybe this guy would cost a move-up into the first round with the likes of San Diego, as an example at #27, and the #11 pick could piggy back this selection by way of building the defense to a very competitive level. Let's say Keith Rivers is the choice early at #11, this would really set the Bills up well in a very deep draft. Thoughts?

Night Train
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
He's well known, John. LTBF and I both talked about him after watching the Senior Bowl practices. A monster in the middle. We like.

Confused
01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
good find i shall research and comment later 2nite

Bmax
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Rubin is rated a 2-3 rounder by some .. Lack of explosion and pass rush will likely keep him in rd 2 or 3 at best...

Bmax

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Rubin is rated a 2-3 rounder by some .. Lack of explosion and pass rush will likely keep him in rd 2 or 3 at best...

Bmax

I can see him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder on some boards, but he sure didn't show a lack of explosion or pass rush in the Senior Bowl workouts! He really stood out against some pretty good looking DTs in practice. Let's see how he does in the game.... (I wonder how he looks in his game tapes. They could tell a lot about him.)

VeggieMan14
01-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Looks like he could be a good pick up from what i see in his stats considering he only played 9 games