PDA

View Full Version : It's up to TURK!

im4bflo
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
With hardly any change of personel, just promotions.
The biggest change that can upgrade the team would be Turks new O!

Goobylal
01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Where are you getting the "hardly any change of personnel" part?

im4bflo
01-25-2008, 07:23 PM
the boards

Goobylal
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Oy. Wait until AFTER the draft is over.

YardRat
01-25-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sure he'll have at least a couple of new toys to play with.

im4bflo
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
... of course!

im4bflo
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Where are you getting the "hardly any change of personnel" part?

I meant office and coachs wise, not players, I didn't make that clear, I didn't think I'd have to.

Goobylal
01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I meant office and coachs wise, not players, I didn't make that clear, I didn't think I'd have to.
So "hardly any change of personel (sic)" meant JUST the coaching staff? Okay.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I think that it is pretty clear that the Bills will be giving Turk some more "toys to play with" going into next season, but I also think that your basic premise is correct as well: it will be up to Turk to get those new players integrated into the offense, keep T.Edwards' development as a QB on track, and get the Bills' offense turned around. A lot is going to be riding on whether Turk can get that done for the Bills next season.

Turk doesn't necessarily have to "open up" the offense--in the sense of trying to run a wide-open offense like the ats or Colts--which would be difficult to do with a second-year starting QB who still has a lot to learn and is going to have his ups and downs, but what he does have to do is diversify the offense, so that it is not as predictable, and find ways to put his skill players in a position suited to their talents where they can succeed, particularly in the red zone (Edwards did a good job as a rookie getting his team into the red zone, but he really had a hard time "closing the deal" with TDs once he got the team there and Turk has to find a way to change that so the Bills score TDs when they have the opportunity to do so.)

If Turk can get the Bills offense to put up more points, the rest of the team will benefit and be better, and that will be reflected in wins. The pressure is already on for the team to get more wins and, with the schedule that the Bills have next season, getting more wins--enough to make the playoffs--is definitely possible if Turk is able to get the offense to be more productive.

So, in that sense, it's up to Turk.

So far he is saying the right things with regard to what needs to be done and what he wants to do. Now, it will be up to him to get those problems corrected and have the team properly and efficiently execute the things that he has been saying that they need to do. We'll see if he can get that done.

TigerJ
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
There may not be much change in the line, but I think there will be a new WR and TE.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
He better have the answer for Edwards and his one TD every five games BS. Sadly our season lies on the shoulders of a second year QB who looked below average last year and a guy who's never been an OC at the NFL level. He would be a freaking legend if he could manage to get us in the top fifteen O's in the league.

im4bflo
01-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I think that it is pretty clear that the Bills will be giving Turk some more "toys to play with" going into next season, but I also think that your basic premise is correct as well: it will be up to Turk to get those new players integrated into the offense, keep T.Edwards' development as a QB on track, and get the Bills' offense turned around. A lot is going to be riding on whether Turk can get that done for the Bills next season.

Turk doesn't necessarily have to "open up" the offense--in the sense of trying to run a wide-open offense like the ats or Colts--which would be difficult to do with a second-year starting QB who still has a lot to learn and is going to have his ups and downs, but what he does have to do is diversify the offense, so that it is not as predictable, and find ways to put his skill players in a position suited to their talents where they can succeed, particularly in the red zone (Edwards did a good job as a rookie getting his team into the red zone, but he really had a hard time "closing the deal" with TDs once he got the team there and Turk has to find a way to change that so the Bills score TDs when they have the opportunity to do so.)

If Turk can get the Bills offense to put up more points, the rest of the team will benefit and be better, and that will be reflected in wins. The pressure is already on for the team to get more wins and, with the schedule that the Bills have next season, getting more wins--enough to make the playoffs--is definitely possible if Turk is able to get the offense to be more productive.

So, in that sense, it's up to Turk.

So far he is saying the right things with regard to what needs to be done and what he wants to do. Now, it will be up to him to get those problems corrected and have the team properly and efficiently execute the things that he has been saying that they need to do. We'll see if he can get that done.

:bf1: