PDA

View Full Version : Is Wilfork a dirty player??

Mitchy moo
01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
This makes 4, what a creep:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215704

raphael120
01-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Wilfork is the biggest piece of **** there is. I hope he gets a career ending injury.

raphael120
01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
BTW, glad to know we're suspending people for puffing some weed but letting a habitual offender of INTENTIONALLY hurting other players in a dirty way deal with a $5,000 fine, which is peanuts compared to his salary.

The NFL is rediculous in many ways, this being one of them.

raphael120
01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
He appealed both those sanctions, and the fine for the Losman hit was reduced by $2,500.

What a ****in idiot. If I was JP i'd hire a hit on him.

don137
01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Just another in a long line of infractions by one of the dirtiest, underhanded, win at all costs teams of all time.

Jaybird
01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
i would still take him to start on the bills d line any day, one of the best young dts in the league

Nighthawk
01-26-2008, 01:30 PM
There is no doubt that this guy is a dirty player. The facts are laid out in front of everybody.

mybills
01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
i would still take him to start on the bills d line any day, one of the best young dts in the league
I'd rather have a team that wins clean, than to have anyone remotely close to dirty Wil**** play for us.

Michael82
01-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow! It looks like Rodney Harrison has taught him well. I said it before and i'll say it again, the New England Patriots are the dirtiest, most arrogant, cheating bastards in the whole ****ing league! The fact that Wilfork and Harrison haven't gotten suspended for the obvious **** they do is ****ing ridiculous!!! :mad: :curse:

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes he is a dirty player and man do I wish we had a guy like that. We could use a real ass hole on our team that strikes fear into people.

Mahdi
01-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes he is a dirty player and man do I wish we had a guy like that. We could use a real ass hole on our team that strikes fear into people.
No Thanks,,,, would rather have a guy that accomplishes it without the classless acts,,,, John Henderson for example.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 02:50 PM
No Thanks,,,, would rather have a guy that accomplishes it without the classless acts,,,, John Henderson for example.
I'd take either one. Let me know when we find either :rofl:

Whaler53
01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
He may be a dirty player, but that last fine was stupid. Granted, it was a 15 yard penalty, but I've seen guys do worse things like that and not get a flag, let alone a fine.

I got no problems with the flag, but the fine was a bit much

Mitchy moo
01-27-2008, 06:31 PM
He may be a dirty player, but that last fine was stupid. Granted, it was a 15 yard penalty, but I've seen guys do worse things like that and not get a flag, let alone a fine.

I got no problems with the flag, but the fine was a bit much

How many times do you get a pass?

Ickybaluky
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
This was the most interesting part of that article:

He appealed both those sanctions, and the fine for the Losman hit was reduced by $2,500.

Personally, I don't think there are any dirty players in the NFL. That went out years ago.

OpIv37
01-27-2008, 08:11 PM

Personally, I don't think there are any dirty players in the NFL. That went out years ago.

calling that the "most important part" is subjective judgement. He was still fined 10k for the hit on Losman. They reduced it, but they still determined it warranted a 10k sanction.

There aren't any "dirty" players in the old-school sense, but there are players who take cheap shots and players who don't. Wilfork is willing to take cheap shots on his opponent. He's a dirtbag and I'm glad he's not on my team.

Nighthawk
01-27-2008, 08:28 PM

Honestly, and not to be a jerk, but you're opinion really doesn't mean a whole lot because your a NE fan and can't see the forrest through the trees. You never think anything the Pats do is wrong and your opinions are so off base sometimes, that it is actually funny.

Luisito23
01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
your opinion really doesn't mean a whole lot because your a NE fan and can't see the forrest through the trees. You never think anything the Pats do is wrong and your opinions are so off base sometimes, that it is actually funny.

:bf1: :goodpost: ....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

mybills
01-28-2008, 09:20 AM
calling that the "most important part" is subjective judgement. He was still fined 10k for the hit on Losman. They reduced it, but they still determined it warranted a 10k sanction.

There aren't any "dirty" players in the old-school sense, but there are players who take cheap shots and players who don't. Wilfork is willing to take cheap shots on his opponent. He's a dirtbag and I'm glad he's not on my team.
amen.
someone keeps begging for roy williams, too. i forget who, but i've seen it posted a few times. :rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Honestly, and not to be a jerk, but you're opinion really doesn't mean a whole lot because your a NE fan and can't see the forrest through the trees. You never think anything the Pats do is wrong and your opinions are so off base sometimes, that it is actually funny.

Bingo.:rockon:

DraftBoy
01-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Apparently you never saw Henderson at UT, he was an absolute cheap shot artist when he was down in the pile ups.

Mike13
01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
This makes 4, what a creep:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215704

Does a Bear **** in the forest?

Wally The Barber
01-28-2008, 10:24 AM
If he played for the Bills we would love the guy!

If you don't believe that, you are just kidding yourself.

Conrad Dobler is considered the dirtiest player of ALL-TIME but we loved him on our offense line in Buffalo when he was here.

colin
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
wilfork should get a suspension starting this week.

dirty garbage sack of sheet, that whole organization makes me ill.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Not true. Don Hasselbeck was a Patriot and was involved in one of the dirtyest plays I've ever seen. It has nothing to do with the Pats.

I can't think of one recent dirty play in the NFL. The last one I can think if is when Albert Hayensworth kicked Andre Gurode. Other than that, I haven't seen one by any player on any team.

gr8slayer
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Not true. Don Hasselbeck was a Patriot and was involved in one of the dirtyest plays I've ever seen. It has nothing to do with the Pats.

I can't think of one recent dirty play in the NFL. The last one I can think if is when Albert Hayensworth kicked Andre Gurode. Other than that, I haven't seen one by any player on any team.
According to the Chargers Seymour is dirty too. There are a TON of dirty players in the league, it just doesn't always get caught on film.

Bulldog
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM

So if Wilfork isn't dirty, why is it that the NFL continues to fine him? Aren't you tired of coming on here and trying to defend this guy?

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
According to the Chargers Seymour is dirty too. There are a TON of dirty players in the league, it just doesn't always get caught on film.

There is a difference between dirty and physical football play. Football is a physical game and occasionally in the course of action things happen. That is why the referees have flags, to call penalties when they occur. A lot of stuff goes on in the trenches, but that is part of the game.

However, I can't remember anything recently which I'd classify as a dirty play. Just stuff that goes on that is a natural extension of the game.

gr8slayer
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
There is a difference between dirty and physical football play. Football is a physical game and occasionally in the course of action things happen. That is why the referees have flags, to call penalties when they occur. A lot of stuff goes on in the trenches, but that is part of the game.

However, I can't remember anything recently which I'd classify as a dirty play. Just stuff that goes on that is a natural extension of the game.
Dude, I play dirty all the time, the refs never see ****. I punch people in the neck when shedding a block, I pinch, punch, pull, kick, anytime I get a chance. Refs never see ****.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
So if Wilfork isn't dirty, why is it that the NFL continues to fine him? Aren't you tired of coming on here and trying to defend this guy?

I'm not defending him. I just don't think he is dirty.

Guys get fined all the time, that doesn't make them dirty. Is John Lynch dirty? Roy Williams? I wouldn't classify either as a dirty player, in fact both are among the most popular guys in the NFL among players.

Now occasionally Roy may get called for an illegal tackle, or Lynch may get called for leading with his head. Both plays are illegal and should draw flags, but I wouldn't call either dirty. They happen sometimes, it is part of the game.

The fines are stupid, IMO. In the case of something like Haynesworth, who did something outside the normal course of action, the fine may be warrented. However, the fines are just making the players more hesitant to play fast and physical, which ruins the action. That is what the penalties are for.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
The Patriots are simply a sanitized and more politically correct version of the old Oakland Raiders.

They're prettier on the outside, but just as sneaky and dirty on the field.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Dude, I play dirty all the time, the refs never see ****. I punch people in the neck when shedding a block, I pinch, pull, kick, anytime I get a chance. Refs never see ****.

They do call stuff sometimes, so they do catch it. However, if you played I doubt you complain about that stuff because it is part of the game. Always has been.

Bulldog
01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not defending him. I just don't think he is dirty.

Guys get fined all the time, that doesn't make them dirty. Is John Lynch dirty? Roy Williams? I wouldn't classify either as a dirty player, in fact both are among the most popular guys in the NFL among players.

Now occasionally Roy may get called for an illegal tackle, or Lynch may get called for leading with his head. Both plays are illegal and should draw flags, but I wouldn't call either dirty. They happen sometimes, it is part of the game.

The fines are stupid, IMO. In the case of something like Haynesworth, who did something outside the normal course of action, the fine may be warrented. However, the fines are just making the players more hesitant to play fast and physical, which ruins the action. That is what the penalties are for.

Don't know about Lynch, but R. Williams is a POS. How many players is that guy going to hurt before he gets suspended for a decent amount of time? I all for physical football, but play within the rules. It's about respecting the game and the players around you.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't know about Lynch, but R. Williams is a POS. How many players is that guy going to hurt before he gets suspended for a decent amount of time? I all for physical football, but play within the rules. It's about respecting the game and the players around you.

Is every player who gets called for a facemask disrespectful? Please, it is a penalty and it gets called. End of story.

Say what you want, but Williams is a very popular player in the NFL. How do you think he keeps going to the Pro Bowl? He certainly doesn't go on merit, because he isn't among the best S in the NFL. He is a good box S who can get toasted in coverage, but guys like him.

Fans love to get caught up in drama, but these guys are just doing their jobs.

Bulldog
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Is every player who gets called for a facemask disrespectful? Please, it is a penalty and it gets called. End of story.

Say what you want, but Williams is a very popular player in the NFL. How do you think he keeps going to the Pro Bowl? He certainly doesn't go on merit, because he isn't among the best S in the NFL. He is a good box S who can get toasted in coverage, but guys like him.

Fans love to get caught up in drama, but these guys are just doing their jobs.

Who said anything about a face mask penalty? I'm talking about the fact that Roy Williams constantly horse collars other players. Hell, the NFL specifically changed the rules because of his antics. So yeah, in my mind, he's dirty.

Mitchy moo
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM
They do call stuff sometimes, so they do catch it. However, if you played I doubt you complain about that stuff because it is part of the game. Always has been.

I just remember seeing Wilfork diving with his elbow out to hit JP on the knee, I suppose that is how they practice tackling in NE camp right?? It ended up doing us a huge favor and got TE in there but it's still not right. I think during the first game we need to chopblock his ass about 3 times in a row and get his azz carted off the field. We'll let him know that everyone knows how to play the "game". Revenge is a factor that I do not normally condone but this POS needs to have a multi-month timeout to think about why things like this happen.

MikeInRoch
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM
So tell me - a ball carrier is obviously and completely down, and someone comes in well late with his helmet down and spears them. Is that not a dirty play?

Mitchy moo
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
So tell me - a ball carrier is obviously and completely down, and someone comes in well late with his helmet down and spears them. Is that not a dirty play?

I remember watching one game where the replay showed Wilfork taking his index finger and trying to poke the down player right in the eye. The announcers couldn't stop talking about it actually.

Someone else watched that game as well and brought up that same fact here, post #37:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=78288&st=20&start=20

don137
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Their is a big difference between being a physical player and being cheap and dirty. Being physical you stay within the rules.

Being labeled a dirty and cheap player are constantly doing acts during a football game that are illegal. Most players will get called for infractions such a late hit or face mask over the course of their career. Its the ones that consistently do dirty or cheap plays on a much more consistent basis that get labeled as such (Harrison, Wilfork, Roy Williams, etc).

Mitchy moo
01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Their is a big difference between being a physical player and being cheap and dirty. Being physical you stay within the rules.

Being labeled a dirty and cheap player are constantly doing acts during a football game that are illegal. Most players will get called for infractions such a late hit or face mask over the course of their career. Its the ones that consistently do dirty or cheap plays on a much more consistent basis that get labeled as such (Harrison, Wilfork, Roy Williams, etc).

Or get fined 4 freaking times during one season. I mean my god what does one player have to do to get recognized as a threat to others around him. A ***** like this that injures people and that aims to hurt is allowed to play but a guy like Ricky Williams who smokes pot is a threat to the NFL players? I mean we need to draw a line as to what is really a threat and what people are doing wrong. Your own personal business outside the game is normally alot less of a threat than you intentionally trying to injure other players on the field. The NFLPA is a bunch of jerkoffs that have bowed to the owners and been bent over. They get paid to bend over but they still take it like a B'itch.

P.S. I am not a Ricky Williams fan, nor a major pot smoker but the guy isn't hurting anyone.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Not if it is in the course of game action. It is an agressive play, and if somebody hits someone else late, it is a penalty. Throw the flag. That is why they made it a penalty.

The flipside of that is you fine guys for every little transgression that occurs during the course of the game, and the players are so tentative they can't play aggressively. That is what is happening today and where the game is headed. The players tend to take care of anything overboard on their own, there is no need to go beyond the penalties that are in the books to address such things.

People forget how the game was played. It is completely tame today. The playoffs are more intense, but even they don't approach the intensity the game used to have. Dick Butkus once got 4 personal fouls in a preseason game. Sadly, there might not be room in the game for him today, despite his being one of the greatest defensive players in the history of the game.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2008, 04:14 PM

If a guy hits someone late, it is a penalty. That is how it should be dealt with.

Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert. I guess there is no room for players like that anymore.

gr8slayer
01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
If a guy hits someone late, it is a penalty. That is how it should be dealt with.

Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert. I guess there is no room for players like that anymore.
There's always room for players like that just don't ***** and complain and try to deny it when one of your players commits an illegal act.

Ickybaluky
01-29-2008, 07:12 AM
There's always room for players like that just don't ***** and complain and try to deny it when one of your players commits an illegal act.

Who is denying anything?

There is a difference between illegal and dirty. Playing through the whistle is a trait I admire. If a guy is playing aggressive, occasionally he will go over the line. That is why they have the penalties. However, it is part of the game, a part that shouldn't be lost. The penalty is punishment enough, because it costs guys 15 yards and a first down. That is a severe penalty for any team.

mybills
01-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Is every player who gets called for a facemask disrespectful? Please, it is a penalty and it gets called.
When was the last time someone was seriously injured because someone grabbed their face mask? You can't even compare that to a horse collar. It's illegal for a reason that's much more serious than just to slow a player down by grabbing their mask. Roy says he'll keep doing horse collars even knowing full well that the player can come down backwards and smash his head on the ground.

You have GOT to be kidding if you think Roy Williams is not dirty.

Mr. Pink
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
How is Roy Williams "dirty" because of the way he tackles people?

The "horse collar" wasn't illegal when he started using it and people are a creature of habit. When you do one thing for so long, it's second nature. The "horse collar" rule is a good rule set up to protect the players, but you can't label a guy "dirty" because he's doing what he's used to and what was completely legal when he entered the league.

mybills
01-29-2008, 08:31 AM
:rofl:

jmb1099
01-29-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't want tame football, but there is a line and Wilfork consistently crosses it. By now Williams ought to be cured of his bad "habit" There are plenty of clean hits and hard plays within the rules so in my mind there is no reason to break the rules. When someone sets out to injure someone else, not play hard, but injure someone else, that individual should be suspended period. Repeated offenses should receive a ban which is what Wilfork deserves in my mind.

Ickybaluky
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
When was the last time someone was seriously injured because someone grabbed their face mask? You can't even compare that to a horse collar. It's illegal for a reason that's much more serious than just to slow a player down by grabbing their mask. Roy says he'll keep doing horse collars even knowing full well that the player can come down backwards and smash his head on the ground.

You have GOT to be kidding if you think Roy Williams is not dirty.

Guys can get hurt on facemasks, that is why they made it a penalty.

It is no different than spearing. People were suffering concussions because of leading with the helmet so they made it a penalty. Same thing.

How about chop blocks outside the tackle box? Guys were getting hurt on such plays, so they made it illegal.

It is not different. In the course of playing the game sometimes guys incur penalties. It is part of the game. The penalty is to let the players know it isn't within the rules.

Williams didn't invent the horse collar, it has been around for as long as they have been wearing shoulder pads. It was poor tackling technique, so it wasn't used a lot. Williams was good at it, but guys were getting hurt. Thus, the league made it a penalty.

Do you honestly think Williams does a horse collar for any other reason than it is an effective way for him to make a tackle? If so, you are being overly dramatic, because he only wants to make the tackle. Now, if he does it, he will incur a penalty and hurt his team. That should be the end of it.

mybills
01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
By now Williams ought to be cured of his bad "habit"
That's why I laughed at that comment.

It's like saying - My kid had allergies and was always sneezing till the doctor gave him medicine for it. But I don't have to give him any because he's used to sneezing.

:rockon:

don137
01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Horse collar is a ******* way to tackle but that is not why it is now illegal. Just like chop blocks it is dangerous and can hurt a player and end a career. Rules change all the time just because Williams did it before does not mean he shouldn't be intelligent enough to adjust his game to adhere to the rules. The fact he can not learn not to do either makes him an idiot, a dirty player or both.

Ickybaluky
01-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Just like chop blocks it is dangerous and can hurt a player and end a career.

Chop blocks are only illegal outside the tackle box. From tackle-to-tackle, you can chop all you want. In fact, the Denver running game is based on that.

There are techniques used during the course of play in a game. Some are acceptable, some are not, and the referees determine what is allowed. The way some people define it, every player in the NFL is dirty.

The fact is the game is fast and physical. You can't get around it, and the players know it when they sign up to play. If you want to turn it into a flag football league, that is your business, but I want no part of it.

MikeInRoch
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Not if it is in the course of game action. It is an agressive play, and if somebody hits someone else late, it is a penalty. Throw the flag. That is why they made it a penalty.

It's not about the hit being late. It's about spearing. Intentional spearing is dirty. Period. And it's not what made the game great.

UltimateBillsFan
02-02-2008, 10:19 PM
NE39 you have such biass opinions on Wilfork. He has a cheapshot on JP, pokes Brandon Jacobs in the eyes, and has been fineda total of 4 times this year by the league. He has had a half as many sacks this season as he has fines. Now that tells you what kind of person you're dealing with. He's a liability for a franchise. The Patriots obviously have no morals for keeping a guy like this. I would be embarrassed to have Vince Wilfork on the Buffalo Bills. So get your head out of the sand NE39. I appologize though because I realize that you pay more attention to the other teams defense because your videotaping them for Belicheat.

DynaPaul
02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
The Patriots obviously have no morals for keeping a guy like this. I would be embarrassed to have Vince Wilfork on the Buffalo Bills.

The Patriots organization has morals?