PDA

View Full Version : DRC

jdbillsfan
01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I have to give credit to Draft Boy for pointing him out early on.

He has become one of my favorite players in the draft. If we trade down in Round 1, I would love to pick him up.

His stock is definitely rising after this senior bowl preformance.

m1orenz
01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Who else looked good? I dont have NFL network so i missed it

I heard Ellis was unblockable and DRC was lockdown and thats it

bflojohn
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
The tailback from Tulane, Matt Forte was the MVP for the game. Trevor Laws, DT, of Notre Dame was a force early on with a sack and fumble recovery. The QB play was largely abysmal other than Eric Ainge. I was impressed with Center Mike Pollak from Arizona State, and Harry Douglas, WR, from Louisville was electric on the winning drive! I think Red Bryant can play at DT, and John Sullivan is another Center prospect I hope the Bills have their eyes on. Tashard Choice from georgia Tech had the best carry of the day when he stiff armed Dizon, a LB from Colorado, and then proceeded to run over Tracy Porter of Indiana!! Throughout, the defensive line from the North was pretty dominant, but were on the field when the South drove for the win, go figure!?!? By the way, just say NO on selecting Adarius Bowman at WR for Buffalo. he doesn't seem to trust his hands.

jdbillsfan
01-26-2008, 08:01 PM
DRC and Ellis definitely stood out to me as the two best players. Connor had a nice INT and Rivers had a nice forced fumble. With the QB play so bad, it was really hard to judge the WR's and TE's, but I don't think they really stood out. I will have to watch it again to break it down a little better.

Highsmith played well. He could be a good fit for our system. Woodson looked terrible.

Ellis has got to be in the top 5.

I think DRC will get picked in the top 25 and I wouldn't be mad if we picked him at 11, especially if Rivers is gone.

YardRat
01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
DB knows his stuff...don't doubt that, ever.

Oaf
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Tashard Choice from georgia Tech had the best carry of the day when he stiff armed Dizon, a LB from Colorado, and then proceeded to run over Tracy Porter of Indiana.

Agreed. That kid was sick. Anyone chuckle at that RB playing FB b/c Owen Schmitt got hurt? He had no intention of lead blocking.

gr8slayer
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
DB knows his stuff...don't doubt that, ever.
If you slept with Mel Kiper you would know your stuff too.

Bmax
01-27-2008, 01:03 AM
The Bills are not Drafting Dan connor...We need a game changer at 11... if we move down it won't be to draft Dan connor....WR yes... Connor no.....In the 20's i could see us taking Hardy or Kelly.....Please oh please get some impact playmakers on this team..

Players who would make a difference year 1 .....

Gholston-at 11 if he drops...wait till he takes off his shirt at combine scouts will freak out ...could be work out warrior like Vernon davis.. Benches 475....if he runs a 4.65 or 4.70 look out...

Ellis-top 10 or top 5 will have to trade up
Dorsey-no shot top 3
Hardy-lower 1st rd may move up after combine or indy workouts
Kelly-See above...mid first must run 4.4 or lower to get in top 15
Rivers-top 20 pick.. could move a little higher
Harvey-see above....edge rusher....beats his man one one unlike kelsey or denney

Bmax

DraftBoy
01-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Give credit where credit is due, Devin intially pointed the kid out, while he was on my radar screen, Devin was talking about him first. But thank you for the kind words.

YardRat
01-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Give credit where credit is due, Devin intially pointed the kid out, while he was on my radar screen, Devin was talking about him first. But thank you for the kind words.

I wasn't being serious...Don't let it go to your head.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-27-2008, 06:55 AM
I concentrated mostly on the DTs and LBs, but here are my impressions:

S.Ellis was terrific--it's looking more and more like he will be long gone before the Bills make their pick. T.Laws also impressed--he's the second best DT that I saw in the all-star games (Dorsey, of course, didn't play in any). Red Bryant did a creditable job for the South. Pressley and Moore weren't bad for the North. A.Rubin turned into a "workout warrior", doing very little after a good week of practice, although he wasn't bad at holding his position on the key 4th down stop that the South had that allowed them to come back and win the game. Fluellen was a non-factor in the game, getting pushed off the ball the few times he was in there.

At DE, the kid from Hampton and C.Ellis made some good plays, but I really didn't think that anyone particularly stood out over the whole game.

It seemed to me that all of the LBs did something good and something bad in the game. Connor probably was the best: he had the INT (which I blame on the TE) and some good tackles, but was late getting over and had to make some stops downfield a couple of times. Rivers hustled down and forced the fumble, but only after missing the tackle first and whiffed on Forte's big run that set up the winning TD, but also made some nice plays. Adibi did a nice job on the TE in coverage and made a couple of tackles, but also whiffed on Forte's run as well. Dizon got stiff-armed early-on to give up a big gain, but made a couple of nice plays and was around the ball a lot as the game progressed. I don't know who was playing the backside on the goal-line for the North (I think it was either Rivers or Adibi, but could be wrong), but whoever it was failed to keep contain on the game-winning reverse. Highsmith made some nice tackles for the South, but also got stood up in the hole on one run and didn't take a good angle to the ball on a couple of others. Woodyard from Kentucky did some nice work in the open field, but also missed a couple of tackles he should have made. (I didn't think the two Ga. Tech LBs were much of a factor.)

DRC played even better than he practiced. He's going to be a good one if he wants to be. C.Jackson from LSU got beat on the first TD pass because the ball was underthrown and the WR made a good adjustment to the ball, but at times it seemed like the South's CBs were able to take the North's WRs out of the game, leaving their QBs to make tough throws. Tribble made some nice plays for the North, including the INT, but he still scares me. It seemed like the South was picking on T.Porter from Indiana in crunch time--he respnded reasonably well, but still needs a lot of work before he's ready to start in the NFL.

AT TE, Rucker didn't look bad, making a nice TD catch. Tamme was a disappointment to me for the South. Cottam could play a long time in the NFL, but isn't the kind of deep threat the Bills need at the position.

A.Bowman needs work (although I think he caught the ball in the EZ at the end of the first half that was ruled incomplete). Hayward (?) from Cal was the North's best WR IMHO. DJ Hall from Alabama showed more in the game than in practice, but still looks like he may need some work, too. A.Caldwell definitely played better than he practiced and IMHO was the South's best WR. H.Douglass, from Louisville, looked nice in the slot and could help some team as a # 3 WR. Aside from those players, I think that there are some APB's still out for some of the other WRs in this game, whose pictures may well end up on the side of a milk carton before they end up on a football card.

I didn't see a QB on the field who was worth a # 1 pick. Woodson, from KY, is a nice athlete, but needs a lot of work. Henne wasn't bad for the North. I think Booty was the smoothest looking QB and could flourish if he ends up in the right place. But, to me, Ainge was the best QB in the game: he doesn't have a big arm and can have bad games where he makes big mistakes, but he can also be accurate and lead drives like he did to win the game. I still think he is a late round pick and could end up being a nice back-up for someone (the Bills maybe?). Brennan looked so awful that he did nothing but hurt his stock during the week--at best he is a project at this point.

I really didn't study the O-linemen at all this time, so I can't really give any solid impressions there.

Confused
01-27-2008, 08:23 AM
I;ve been campaigning for DRC for 3 weeks now. he's the frickin man. Big fast and a ball hawk.

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
If we can trade down to get him why not? I don't know if he's worth the number eleven pick though.

YardRat
01-27-2008, 09:21 AM
If we can trade down to get him why not? I don't know if he's worth the number eleven pick though.

Here's my take on this...

If he's the guy you want, you know he isn't going to be there in the second, and you can't find a partner to trade with without getting raped, then he becomes worth the pick regardless of his pre-draft 'ranking'.

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 09:23 AM

If he's the guy you want, you know he isn't going to be there in the second, and you can't find a partner to trade with without getting raped, then he becomes worth the pick regardless of his pre-draft 'ranking'.
I agree.

Confused
01-27-2008, 09:43 AM
If we can get a big WR via FA and a LB too, he'd be a viable 1st rounder for us. I think there will be a top teir WR available in the early 2nd( hardy, sweed).

jdbillsfan
01-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Nice work guys. There are definitely some cool players that I would like the Bills to draft this year.

The Bills never seem to do it though. Ellis, DRC, Hardy, Jordy, Ali, Rivers, Schmitt, J. Johnson, Keller, Bennett will not be Bills.

BILLSROCK1212
01-27-2008, 11:16 AM
not to take credit away from DB but he definitely wasn't the first to spot him out this guy has been well known by draft experts for a long time now and for most of them this Senior Bowl performance was no surprise and it definitely proved how good this guy is

Devin
01-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I think I had him in my first mock in the 2nd round. Nonetheless thanks DB.

Yeah I like that kid a lot, hes got a lot of the tools you look for and I think could end up being very good pro.

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM

:( I thought I was the 1st to point out Ellis...where's my credit? :sadwalk:

gr8slayer
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
You don't get any, you're ugly.

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
You don't get any, you're ugly.

Don't be a hater just b'cse you were madly in love with Ginn last year before the season (never seen so much man-love) and I bursted your bubble... :snicker:

gr8slayer
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Don't be a hater just b'cse you were madly in love with Ginn last year before the season (never seen so much man-love) and I bursted your bubble... :snicker:
Hey man, there's no denying that he has elite speed. That kind of speed scares the **** out of anyone.

Doesn't mean he'll be a good WR. He still scares the **** out of me on ST's though.

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey man, there's no denying that he has elite speed. That kind of speed scares the **** out of anyone.

Doesn't mean he'll be a good WR. He still scares the **** out of me on ST's though.

Let's hope he never reaches his true potential...unless he leaves the Dolphins that is. :D

gr8slayer
01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Let's hope he never reaches his true potential...unless he leaves the Dolphins that is. :D
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. He never will though because he doesn't have anyone to throw him the ball.

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. He never will though because he doesn't have anyone to throw him the ball.

I'm hoping that Parcells and company agree with you so that they can draft a future QB, dump Beck and leave Dorsey to someone else (the Rams likely). But sadly, I don't think that will happen.

Parcells likes veteran QBs anyway, so in either case, they likely won't draft a QB. But I'd still love to see them waste their 1st draft pick like last year!!!

Mahdi
01-29-2008, 11:13 AM

I dont think any corner is worth the #11 pick for the Bills. What is the point in investing heavily in a player you wont re-sign? The Bills wont give a corner big money as long as they run a cover 2. Use the money on DEs and DTs.

jdbillsfan
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I dont think any corner is worth the #11 pick for the Bills. What is the point in investing heavily in a player you wont re-sign? The Bills wont give a corner big money as long as they run a cover 2. Use the money on DEs and DTs.

So if Gholston and Ellis are gone, who are you going to draft at 11?

mysticsoto
01-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Me personally? I'd like to trade down and grab Malcolm Kelly in the mid round, but trading down is not necessarily easy. People have to want someone to trade up for. With those 2 gone...somebody could be desperate for a top LB or the top S I suppose. But more than likely you won't get alot of bidders. Grabbing a WR at this point is probably way too much of a reach. The best thing then becomes to draft a LB as there is some good talent there in the top 3 or so. We could grab someone like Keith Rivers. Would this help our team. In my opinion, only marginally. We'd likely have the best LB corp in the NFL. But sadly, they'd spend their time covering up for our inept Dline. Unfortunately, unless we move up for Ellis, that's where we'll likely get stuck doing.

Mahdi
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Trade down as Mystic suggests or take Calais Campbell or Derrick Harvey assuming they show well at the combine. I would like to see what weight Harvey comes in at and how fast/quick Campbell is. Both would be huge upgrades over Kelsay IMO and would give us a real pass rush. I would also seriously consider Kenny Philips. Sure we have Ko but Philips would be a great addition to our cover 2 and having Ko and Wilson would be great depth for both safety spots.

DraftBoy
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Ok here we go;
Mystic was the first to start pimping Ellis
Devin the 1st on DRC
Somebody else on Schmitt

Anybody Im missing?

Mystic, did you get my PM?

Devin
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM

As of now Rivers.

So much changes between now and draft time though. Ideally if we dont get a crack at Ellis trading down and drafting a WR or one of the other DT's would be ok.

Hell id be ok trading the pick for a proven player.

mysticsoto
01-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Ok here we go;
Devin the 1st on DRC
Somebody else on Schmitt

Anybody Im missing?

Yes, I did. I took a quick look at your lists, and it looked fine as far as I know. In truth, I don't know too many candidates from the smaller schools so I really couldn't help much. But from what I knew and expected to see, it was there.

Good job. :up:

By the way, you have to put yourself down for Malcolm Kelly. You were pimping him 1st here. I had been looking at Sweed and other seniors and didn't give him much attention until you pointed him out...

Mahdi
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok here we go;
Devin the 1st on DRC
Somebody else on Schmitt

Anybody Im missing?

Well im glad yer all coming around,,,, I had Ellis going #2 overall in my mock a few weeks back and ppl were saying that 2 DTs wouldnt go that high.....

Ellis could end up being better than Dorsey.

DraftBoy
01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Yes, I did. I took a quick look at your lists, and it looked fine as far as I know. In truth, I don't know too many candidates from the smaller schools so I really couldn't help much. But from what I knew and expected to see, it was there.

Good job. :up:

By the way, you have to put yourself down for Malcolm Kelly. You were pimping him 1st here. I had been looking at Sweed and other seniors and didn't give him much attention until you pointed him out...

Awesome! Thanks!

I wont put myself down for anybody till after the guide comes out, you guys claim the ones you want and ill take credit for all the rest :dance: