PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl MVP's Named

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Tulane RB Matt Forte was named overall MVP of the Senior Bowl after totaling 97 yards in the South's 17-16 victory over the North Saturday.
The 6'1/224-pound tailback ran for 59 yards and added 38 yards receiving, showing his versatility and that he can play with the big boys after facing Conference USA competition as a collegiate. The last three Senior Bowl MVPs were Tony Hunt (2007), Sinorice Moss (2006), and Charlie Frye (2005)

Michigan QB Chad Henne was named offensive MVP of the Senior Bowl's North squad after tossing a pair of touchdowns in Saturday's game.
His scores went to Mizzou TE Martin Rucker from four yards out and Cal WR Lavelle Hawkins from 36 yards away. Henne may have had the best week of practice of any QB at Senior Week and has a chance to be drafted in the top two rounds.

Tennessee QB Erik Ainge was named offensive MVP of the Senior Bowl's South squad after completing 13-of-21 passes for 159 yards Saturday.
Ainge had a nondescript week of practice, but led the South on a game-winning, 14-play drive that ended on Florida WR Andre Caldwell's two-yard end around score. The injury prone Ainge projects as a second-day pick.

If we weren't set at RB I would be all for drafting Forte.

hydro
01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Did it seriously take this long for them to name the MVPs? I figured it would have been 10-15 mins after the game just like any championship or all-star game.

gr8slayer
01-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Did it seriously take this long for them to name the MVPs? I figured it would have been 10-15 mins after the game just like any championship or all-star game.
Well I just came across it and it hadn't been posted yet so they may have come out before I posted it.

hydro
01-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Well I just came across it and it hadn't been posted yet so they may have come out before I posted it.

Oh ok, well I watched a little bit after the game and never heard anything about the MVP. So I am not sure when they were announced either.