PDA

View Full Version : What kind of contract do you think Briggs will get this offseason?

more cowbell
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Im guessing its gonna be somewhere around 6 years and 60 million dollars...no idea on what the bonus would be.

sure as hell hope its the Bills signing him...but most likely won't be

venis2k1
01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I would rather take that money and sink it into the D-line. Is Briggs the best Tampa 2 LB since Brooks...prolly. None of that matters when you got a 300lb OG in your face on every running play.

PECKERWOOD
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd be very pleased if we locked up Briggs to a monster deal, imo he is worth it and it would be nice to have a player on our defense who could actually well, you know, TACKLE!!!

Midwesternbillsfan
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
6 years, $60 million is too high, IMO, even though San Francisco has- w/quite a bit of corroboration- interest in Briggs; it seems they attempted a trade at the trade deadline for him and the San Francisco Chronicle says that their interest has continued into this offseason. And you know the 49ers are unafraid (and partly foolish) enough to overpay someone to solidify his standing as newest member of their team... never mind their countless offensive needs and that they already have one star ILB (Patrick Willis) and lack other necessary components of their 3-4 defense (stout NT, quality DE's especially after Bryant Young's retirement, another OLB opposite Lawson that would supplant Tully Banta-Cain as a starter, etc.)...

I expected Adalius Thomas last year (even though he was turning 30 in August; Briggs is younger and turns 28 in October) to receive a bit more than the 5 year, $35 million dollar contract he ultimately received from New England. And it was rumored that the contract that Briggs was set to receive from Washington- if a trade was consummated w/the Bears- was for around $7.5 million per season. So taking the contractual figures last year's top LB on the market received and the contract Briggs has already been offered, I think that a 6 year, $48-51 million dollar contract w/$21-23 million in guarantees is what it will take to sign Briggs. Yeah, that to me sounds eminently practical and realistic.

gr8slayer
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Someone's going to overpay him.

Jaybird
01-28-2008, 11:03 PM
west coast boy.. he's going home!!!!!

Slim
01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
west coast boy.. he's going home!!!!!

He went to High School right by where I live. My friends dad was his physicain throughout highschool.

bigbub2352
01-29-2008, 08:29 AM
He will get a monster contract if we signs with San Fran they over pay for everyone, ex. Clements, Jennings etc. i think 7mill a season or more

colin
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
lets see if dicky can call on his ex guys

roy willaims, sean rogers, and briggs right here.

VeggieMan14
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
lets see if dicky can call on his ex guys

roy willaims, sean rogers, and briggs right here.

Um Not happening. If we got one of them id be surprised

Mahdi
01-29-2008, 08:31 PM
7-8 mil a season.... not more... there's no way LBs are going to start getting Top CB and DE money. I would hate to pay Briggs 8 mil a season to have him here. I would much rather invest as much as possible in the DL.