• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

to all the jauron haters, a little info

The biggest beef that people have with jauron is his w/l record as a head coach. So, yeah. I'm smart enough to remember that Marv had a pretty crappy record before he became coach of the bills. I remember people calling for him to be fired after his first few years. I'm glad Ralph didn't listen to idiots like that.

On to DJ. Ever hear of this guy named Bill Belechick? Know his win/loss record during the 5 years he was there? 36-44. Not great, eh? He even carried that over to his first year in NE and had a 5-11 record. Pretty crappy. I remember people laughing at the pats then.

I'm not saying DJ is Bill Belechick at all. I'm just saying that you need to give coaches a bit of time before you start acting like a total moron and call for him to be fired. Bills fans should be quite aware of what happens when you switch coaches every 2-3 years. If the Bills aren't an example of that idiocy over the past few years, take a look at oakland, for pete's sake. Al Davis switches coaches like underwear. He's the idiot who gave up on Mike Shanahan and fired him. Shanahan has done OK in Denver, hasn't he?

So give it some time. Relax. Watch the team mature, and don't be a friggin spaz and scream that everyone should be fired after every season. That thought process is for fools.

thx to:todd
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: to all the jauron haters, a little info

My thoughts exactly skoob. But I am sure this will just be pushed to the wayside by all the neg nancies. It is much easier to just hate everything and be impatient than to have faith.

And yes I know that we haven't gone to a playoff game in a while but like skoobs said, we have also been changing coaches every 2-3 years and looks where its gotten us.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

I don't understand why people dont like him hes gonne7-9 twice and coulda enn at least 9-7 this year if it wasnt for alll the injuries and oher emotional things
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

THE EXCEPTIONS ARE NOT THE RULE!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Three years is enough time, if he still can't manage to get it done this year his time is up.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

As a HC in the NFL, Jauron has posted

99- 6-10
            00- 5-11
            01- 13-3
            02- 4-12
            03- 7-9
            05- 1-4
            06- 7-9
            07- 7-9

Not counting Detroit for obvious reasons, he had losing seasons 6 out of 7 years.
            Im not trying to be negative here, just stating facts. With that said, I think Dick Jauron did an outstanding job for the bills last year.

Comment

Here's the combined substance of your post Skooby;

Originally posted by Skooby
              I'm not saying DJ is Bill Belechick at all.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                Here's the combined substance of your post Skooby;
                I'm sure somebody could do the same thing to one of your articles. Meaning, for the thousands of words you use, the combined substance may be a sentence.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  Three years is enough time, if he still can't manage to get it done this year his time is up.

Gotta agree with this one.

Comment

• streetkings01
                    • Jul 2006

I remember threads like this were posted after we hired Jauron in 2006! After 2 seasons if they still keep popping up......then Houston we have a problem!
                    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I think Jauron is a great coach from Wednesday to Saturday. His teams come to the game prepared to play. The one knock I have with him is game time adjustments. He does not do so well.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

1 out of 8 years with a winning record.

His one big winning season his team was picking up fumbles/int. every week and running them in for td's, but we'll give him that one.

Him and his staff single handily lost at least two games [denver,dallas} this past season.
                        He gets one more year with me. Another losing record and thats enough.

Levy- right place right time. Good for him but when we really need his coaching {0-4} he came up short every game.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Get what done? My minimum would be 2 more wins to give him one more year. I'd like to see more than that, and I think it's possible make a wild card spot next season, but I think the continuity issue is important enough that I'd take a chance on continuing with Jauron if the Bills manage 9-7 and don't get a playoff spot.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

I think DJ, is a solid football mind, but i think he might be a little off in the HC department when it comes to clock management, and to an extent picking Cordianters, Fairchild was horrible, and DJ has to take the blame for that, i also dont understand why no one has pointed out Fewell, and how bad our D scheme was, i understand injuries but still the year before we sucked just as bad, DJ gets one more year and so does his coaching staf unfortunatly back to back 7-9 sucks, and we need to have a playoff seed next,

FO needs to help make this happen as well, cant do everything thru the draft
                            we need to sign at least three potent FAs
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

One other thing to remember during his only winning season with Chicago that had the easiest schedule in the NFL. Sorry to tell you that DJ will never be confused with B Bilichek.

Originally posted by Skooby
                              The biggest beef that people have with jauron is his w/l record as a head coach. So, yeah. I'm smart enough to remember that Marv had a pretty crappy record before he became coach of the bills. I remember people calling for him to be fired after his first few years. I'm glad Ralph didn't listen to idiots like that.

On to DJ. Ever hear of this guy named Bill Belechick? Know his win/loss record during the 5 years he was there? 36-44. Not great, eh? He even carried that over to his first year in NE and had a 5-11 record. Pretty crappy. I remember people laughing at the pats then.

I'm not saying DJ is Bill Belechick at all. I'm just saying that you need to give coaches a bit of time before you start acting like a total moron and call for him to be fired. Bills fans should be quite aware of what happens when you switch coaches every 2-3 years. If the Bills aren't an example of that idiocy over the past few years, take a look at oakland, for pete's sake. Al Davis switches coaches like underwear. He's the idiot who gave up on Mike Shanahan and fired him. Shanahan has done OK in Denver, hasn't he?

So give it some time. Relax. Watch the team mature, and don't be a friggin spaz and scream that everyone should be fired after every season. That thought process is for fools.

thx to:todd
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X