X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

The Patriots just won the Super Bowl...... Good job Plax you moron

Plaxico Burress predicts the Giants will win Super Bowl XLII 23-17.
    Co-owner Steve Tisch already guaranteed a Giants win, and Michael Strahan said Monday that "history will be ours." Rodney Harrison implied that the Patriots played their worst game of the season in their 38-35 Week 17 win over New York, so there's been plenty of trash talking on both sides.
    Piss them off, that will help you.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Patriots just won the Super Bowl...... Good job Plax you moron

Seau wouldnt comment on the score on Stern yesterday.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Because the Pats are smart.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

im suprised coughlin hasnt killed him yet
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
          im suprised coughlin hasnt killed him yet
          I really don't care who wins, I just want to see Brady get baptized.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

****! There goes any chance of the Gints beating the spread!
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Damn it! Why the **** would you let the media drag you in for those idiotic quotes? ****ing morons! Don't feed the Pats. They don't need that extra motivation.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

You clowns make predictions all the time.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                  You clowns make predictions all the time.
                  We don't play in the NFL though.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    You also took that way too serious.

They were saying crap about this on the news..first a quick sentence for the upcoming segment they call sports wrap..they said "Find out which Giants player is guaranteeing they win!" After the commercial, they changed it to, "He almost guaranteed a win."

So before I believe, where's the link to your story?
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      and our comments don't get plastered on the front page of espn.com either
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Doesn't matter what Plax said, Pats are gonna kill'em. 38-17.

Comment

• Voltron
                          • Jul 2002

Stop throwing stones at the tiger!!! You will get Mauled!
                          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                            Doesn't matter what Plax said, Pats are gonna kill'em. 38-17.
                            I love it! This goes back to college...it's actually funny that he's saying chit again!

Remember that 'taking candy from a baby' comment?
                            Well, Burress went out the following weekend and caught 10 passes for a school-record 255 yards and a touchdown in a 34-31 win over Michigan. By the way, Michigan made the game close, getting two late touchdown passes from someone named Tom Brady.

Go Plax!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                              I love it! This goes back to college...it's actually funny that he's saying chit again!

Remember that 'taking candy from a baby' comment?
                              Well, Burress went out the following weekend and caught 10 passes for a school-record 255 yards and a touchdown in a 34-31 win over Michigan. By the way, Michigan made the game close, getting two late touchdown passes from someone named Tom Brady.
                              Actually, you got the games mixed up. After Plaxico made the "taking candy from a baby" comment his freshman year, his team lost and he didn't do much. The following year when the teams played each other again was when Plaxico had his huge game, but he didn't say anything beforehand.

Before their first encounter in 1998, Burress angered Brady's Wolverines by boasting that if Michigan State's offense played up to its potential, it would expose Michigan's defense "like taking candy from a baby."

"I was fresh out of high school then," Burress recalled Thursday. "I was basically saying anything out of my mouth then when I was out of high school."

Burress was humbled as he was held to six receptions for 55 yards and a touchdown in a 29-17 loss in Ann Arbor in 1998. Brady threw for 208 yards and a touchdown while running for another score.

The following year, then-Michigan State coach Nick Saban installed a gag order on his underclassmen before playing Michigan in East Lansing. The undefeated Wolverines were ranked third in the country while Michigan State was No. 11.

Both teams were 5-0 and this time, Burress manhandled Brady's team.

In a game that both Michigan and Michigan State fans still remember, Burress destroyed Michigan's secondary for 10 catches and a school-record 255 yards and one TD.

Michigan was so defenseless against the 6-5 receiver that then-coach Lloyd Carr put his 6-3 wide receiver, David Terrell, on Burress.

"Burress was incredible," Carr said after the game. "We just couldn't handle him."

Brady had an impressive game despite splitting time with Drew Henson at quarterback. With Michigan trailing 27-10 late in the third quarter, Brady rallied the Wolverines with three straight touchdowns to pull within 34-31 with 2:47 remaining.

The fifth-year senior completed 30 of 41 passes for 285 yards, completing 15 straight at one point.

Comment

Working...
                              X