PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Tom Golisano will buy the Rochester Amerks and keep the affiliation going

Michael82
01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
I have said this many times. The Steve Donner crap in Rochester is getting worse. Now the dumbass is getting sued by a bank for an $11 million loan for the Rochester Rhinos that he hasn't paid anything toward since July. There is also a couple other lawsuits against the Amerks for more money owed. I know that people believe that Golisano is serious about being done with the Amerks, but I disagree. He's waiting on the sideline and watching Donner get consumed by all the **** that he made for himself. Golisano will swoop in and buy the team from Donner, as the city itself is sick of the guy. They are even threating to take the arena and the soccer stadium away from Donner. That's why I think he will be forced to sell. Golisano will buy the Amerks for a fair price, pay off the debts, and then fill the Rochester Americans with a full roster again and keep the relationship alive. I'm not the only one who thinks so either....

I believe the Amerks ultimately will be purchased by the Buffalo Sabres. And I believe billionaire and Rochester native Tom Golisano will make sure there will be a quality product on the ice in his hometown.
http://pitoniak.blogspot.com/

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I do hope he does. It is cool having the Americans so close.

Michael82
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I do hope he does. It is cool having the Americans so close.
yeah and it's the best thing for both teams, especially if they were both owned by the same owner. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Definitely a huge bonus to have the Amerks so close and it helps expand the fan base for both too. I think there would be a lot less interest by Sabres fans in a farm team if they weren't so nearby.

Hopefully something good can come out of this situation.

SabreEleven
01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
And kick Florida out of Rochester so they stop beating us.

Night Train
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
The way he's letting the Sabres fall apart, I'm wondering if he's tiring of being an NHL owner. I say this without any animosity towards the man.

Much like the recent NFL agreement, the post NHL lockout agreement was terrible and did nothing to curb costs. Remind me why they sacrificed an entire season again ? The Sabres have a very tight financial margin for error and it looks like they'll deal Campbell and start rebuilding all over again.

I'm thinking Tom G. can't see the Sabres making $$ in the current environment. He did his part to save the franchise and is a good man...but not a dummy who will lose $$ on an investment.

User Manuel
01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
It seems like a smart business decision. It is basically what he did here in Buffalo.

Michael82
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
The way he's letting the Sabres fall apart, I'm wondering if he's tiring of being an NHL owner. I say this without any animosity towards the man.

Much like the recent NFL agreement, the post NHL lockout agreement was terrible and did nothing to curb costs. Remind me why they sacrificed an entire season again ? The Sabres have a very tight financial margin for error and it looks like they'll deal Campbell and start rebuilding all over again.

I'm thinking Tom G. can't see the Sabres making $$ in the current environment. He did his part to save the franchise and is a good man...but not a dummy who will lose $$ on an investment.

Maybe he's planning on selling the Sabres, so he can get some money to put towards buying the Buffalo Bills? :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM

They let 2 Free agents go. That is it man. We are near the cap in a small market. I don't get how that equates to letting the team fall apart. :idunno:

Night Train
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Maybe he's planning on selling the Sabres, so he can get some money to put towards buying the Buffalo Bills? :idunno:

Any major sports league has to have TV revenue to survive, in addition to a strong gate. The NHL is not a national sport in the U.S. and showing games on Regional MSG and Versus means next to zero ratings, outside of northern teams with long traditions. I love hockey but 90% + of the U.S. population could care less. NBC,CBS,ABC,ESPN.. they've all given hockey a legit shot and lost a bundle.

The player salaries should literally be half. What the hell are they thinking ?

OpIv37
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
have any of you been over to the BZ? I know the Amerks are cheap as far as sports franchises go, but I don't know if Tommy G's gonna have the money left after he buys the Bills :snicker: