• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Lindy Ruff: Win=Golf, Loss= No Golf

WGRZ's Ed Kilgore just reported this on the 6'OClock sports,

The Sabres are in Florida to play the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight and the Florida Panthers tomorrow night. Lindy in his press conf. today said that he's going to reward his team if the team wins tonight's game he's going to let them go golfing tomorrow with NO PRACTICE! but if they tonight he's going to work them hard in practice the next day with NO GOLF!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Lindy Ruff: Win=Golf, Loss= No Golf

wtf? They should be practicing no matter what, especially with the way they've been playing lately.

What happens if they play a sloppy game but Tampa is even sloppier and they win 6-5 with 3 weak goals?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      wtf? They should be practicing no matter what, especially with the way they've been playing lately.

What happens if they play a sloppy game but Tampa is even sloppier and they win 6-5 with 3 weak goals?
      Seems as thought Lindy has ran out of ideas and has decided to just dangle a carrot in front of the donkey. Maybe he will get a different reaction out of them doing this. Gotta try something different once in a while.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
        Seems as thought Lindy has ran out of ideas and has decided to just dangle a carrot in front of the donkey. Maybe he will get a different reaction out of them doing this. Gotta try something different once in a while.
        Shhh... Op is clearly more qualified to run this team than Lindy is. Haven't you seen all the second hand knowledge he's displayed in here lately?

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Seems to be working so far

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

4, literally.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
              Shhh... Op is clearly more qualified to run this team than Lindy is. Haven't you seen all the second hand knowledge he's displayed in here lately?
              yeah, it really takes a genius to figure out that when you're not good enough you need to practice. Do you think the Sabres have been good enough over the last 6 weeks or so?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Mental preparation and the physcological side can be just as important as the physical side.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  yeah, it really takes a genius to figure out that when you're not good enough you need to practice. Do you think the Sabres have been good enough over the last 6 weeks or so?
                  Don't argue with him. Nobody who is critical of the Sabres knows anything...according to him. However, I do believe this team is exactly where I said they would be and that is not in the playoffs and very mediocre.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Golfing it is~

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

They have been in TAMPA for the past 2 days, and trust me they werent in there rooms.....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Ok, so you are telling me that doing the same thing every week and getting the kind of production that we have as of late is what Lindy should keep doing? Wasn't it you, OP, that proclaimed the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting different results (einstein quote)? Sounds like he is actually taking your advice...
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Don't argue with him. Nobody who is critical of the Sabres knows anything...according to him. However, I do believe this team is exactly where I said they would be and that is not in the playoffs and very mediocre.
                          You have this so wrong it's not even funny. I have no problem being critical of the Sabres. It's pretty clear they haven't been playing very well and they deserve criticism. The difference is that I'm not hopeless about their chances down the road. I also don't beat everybody over the head with negativity every chance I get.

I also don't understand how you guys can act so dissapointed now when you said before the season you expected them to be no good because of the offseason fiasco. Wouldn't you have been expecting all these struggles to come when your sights were set so low in the first place? Why do you have the right to act so angry and shocked now that it's actually happening?

At least Op is consistent... Nighthawk, I lost all respect for you the moment this team went on a big winning streak and you were nowhere to be found... right up until they started losing again of course. You're hear to complain and nothing else.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

You have this so wrong it's not even funny. I have no problem being critical of the Sabres. It's pretty clear they haven't been playing very well and they deserve criticism. The difference is that I'm not hopeless about their chances down the road. I also don't beat everybody over the head with negativity every chance I get.

I also don't understand how you guys can act so dissapointed now when you said before the season you expected them to be no good because of the offseason fiasco. Wouldn't you have been expecting all these struggles to come when your sights were set so low in the first place? Why do you have the right to act so angry and shocked now that it's actually happening?

At least Op is consistent... Nighthawk, I lost all respect for you the moment this team went on a big winning streak and you were nowhere to be found... right up until they started losing again of course. You're hear to complain and nothing else.
                            Oh well he had better things to do at that time, it just happened to be a time when they were winning.
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

The magnitude of what the front office has done to this team deserves YEARS of *****ing. They have done the exact opposite of their jobs. Winning championships is what pro sports is all about, and this team has regressed from that goal as a direct result of the FO's actions. As long as the effects are seen on the ice, there will be outrage, and no amount of outrage is enough. If they don't return to the ECF, you ain't heard nothing yet. I can't fire them, I can't shoot them, so this is what I do.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X