• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Post game comments (Lightning game)

-Holmquist has a hell of a glove. The rest of his game is pretty mediocre (or at least it was tonight). I don't know why the Sabres kept trying glove side on him.

-MacArthur was awesome in the first period and awful in the 3rd. Get that kid some conditioning. He had two bad penalties and a bad clear that created a scoring chance.

-This team still needs toughness. Kaleta passed on two opportunities to fight in the first period.

-At one point, the Sabres held the Lightning without a shot on goal for almost 9 minutes, and many of TB's shots were from horrid angles. All in all, pretty solid D.

-That being said, the Sabres still have issues clearing the puck.

-Paille is always deep and pesters the other team in their own end. Sooner or later that will produce some goals.

-I think Vanek may be suffering from a bit of Afinogenov syndrome. His passes are sloppy, most likely because he's trying to force a shot and only passes at the last possible second, after the D has a chance to close.

-Miller played well tonight

-On the 3 PP's tonight, two were solid. Ironically, the only one they scored on was the one that was awful for 1:58.

-Versus sucks. During one of the Sabres' PP's, they were interviewing the Lightning GM. Fair enough, except not only did the announcers stop calling the game for the interview, they covered the bottom right of the screen with the guy's head. The interview was relevant, but do it during an intermission or something.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Post game comments (Lightning game)

I'll disagree on one thing - toughness does not equal fighting. Kaleta was actually smart to turn down the fight at the time he did. There is no reason to fire up the home team when they are down 2-0.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      I'll disagree on one thing - toughness does not equal fighting. Kaleta was actually smart to turn down the fight at the time he did. There is no reason to fire up the home team when they are down 2-0.
      win the fight and that won't be a problem.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        win the fight and that won't be a problem.
        Kaleta would not have won the fight. He is not a fighter.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

oh one more thing. The announcers said that there are 89 players in the league with more goals than Vanek who make less money than he does. I nearly spit pretzels and honey mustard all over the TV.

I don't entirely blame Vanek though- he's a number 2 or a number 3 that the organization is trying to build a franchise around. It's Buffalo sports tradition!
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

He is one half season into his deal.

Giving up on him is Buffalo Sports fan tradition.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

He is one half season into his deal.

Giving up on him is Buffalo Sports fan tradition.
              assuming frustration with a player and "giving up" are the same thing is Buffalo sports fan tradition.

Vanek is making millions NOW, therefore he should be producing NOW. I wish I could get a huge raise to do the same job and not be expected to produce results for a couple years.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

oh one more thing. The announcers said that there are 89 players in the league with more goals than Vanek who make less money than he does. I nearly spit pretzels and honey mustard all over the TV.

I don't entirely blame Vanek though- he's a number 2 or a number 3 that the organization is trying to build a franchise around. It's Buffalo sports tradition!
                Yes because the Sabres forced Edmonton to sign him to that offer sheet! He has the talent to be a #1 IMO but we will see where that leads.

Plus Kaleta does not fight Op. He is a tough hard checker but does not fight at all.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jan 2004

-Holmquist has a hell of a glove. The rest of his game is pretty mediocre (or at least it was tonight). I don't know why the Sabres kept trying glove side on him.

-MacArthur was awesome in the first period and awful in the 3rd. Get that kid some conditioning. He had two bad penalties and a bad clear that created a scoring chance.

-This team still needs toughness. Kaleta passed on two opportunities to fight in the first period.

-At one point, the Sabres held the Lightning without a shot on goal for almost 9 minutes, and many of TB's shots were from horrid angles. All in all, pretty solid D.

-That being said, the Sabres still have issues clearing the puck.

-Paille is always deep and pesters the other team in their own end. Sooner or later that will produce some goals.

-I think Vanek may be suffering from a bit of Afinogenov syndrome. His passes are sloppy, most likely because he's trying to force a shot and only passes at the last possible second, after the D has a chance to close.

-Miller played well tonight

-On the 3 PP's tonight, two were solid. Ironically, the only one they scored on was the one that was awful for 1:58.

-Versus sucks. During one of the Sabres' PP's, they were interviewing the Lightning GM. Fair enough, except not only did the announcers stop calling the game for the interview, they covered the bottom right of the screen with the guy's head. The interview was relevant, but do it during an intermission or something.
                  Kaleta isn't a fighter!, he goes around and hits any player that moves from the other team and gets the other player from the other team mad at him then he draws them into penalties because they're all pissed off at him. That's the way he plays his game. Sorta like what Barnaby used to do.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

YEA......Roy would have kicked his ASS.......

PETERS and ANDRE ROY were talking before the game even started........
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

You also neglected to mention that the Sabres were very solid with the forecheck all night, making it tought for Tampa to get out of their zone, thus limiting their shots on goal.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Kaleta's non-fight was brilliant. The other guy had to hurry off the ice, disrupting his team.
                        I really like Kaleta. He plays with a fire, and turning away shows veteran smarts.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

Why didn't he get a penalty for dropping the gloves when Kaleta didn't? He should have got a delay of the game.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Every fight delays a game
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

When one guy drops his gloves and the other does not, they can call Delay.

He probably avoided it since he got off the ice immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              X