PDA

View Full Version : LOL

Wys Guy
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I just have to laugh!

On Shelby's notice thread of my Peter Principle article, a few of the responses were worth getting back to;

Well if he's all we got, and a new Bills fan surfs in and reads
pure negativity, would you want to join?
I don't want to start an argument, I don't ever read our front page anyway,
since the BILLSZONE toolbar bypasses it. :idunno:

See, this is what the handful of rah-rah types here wearing cheerleading skirts utterly fail to recognize.

On one hand you want the world to know that Bills fans are very intelligent football fans, which they are by and large. Yet on the other, you assume that in being so intelligent they can be snowed by the perpetual blizzards that emanate from OBD from April through October or so before the sun emerges and clears everything up for all but the diehards who immediately spring into "yeah but....next season" mode by digging through the dung heap to find all the uneaten kernals of corn to re-serve the following season.

Most fans, most that is, want the truth! They're not stupid. They want to know what the reality of their team is, but more importantly they want to know that someone in the media sees what the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands perhaps, what they see!

They're tired of Wilson and all of Wilson's bumbling hires holding a can of Turd Polish (thanks Bang Cartoons) telling all the fans to hold on, that winning and competence are just around the corner down some dubious looking alleyway.

It's very nice to see that many of you here would rather just log on in the morning and have your little "snow globe" fantasy environment shaken up so that you can make it through the day I suppose. :snicker:

And here's yet another complete and utter misconstruing of my sentiments, from people that always seem to know what I write yet don't actually read it;

I love the way Wys knows that every individual promoted by the Bills will fail. And he can also tell - on day one, or after just a few games - that most of our new players will be busts.

With his incredible prescience, he should be a billionaire by now. I wonder why he's still wasting his time here.

I don't know that every individual promoted by the Bills will fail Jan. Only you and others here keep that falsehood going dishonestly. I make predictions based on hard data, history, relevant trends, etc.

But I love how you and others here seem to have every reason to believe, all based on soft, "intangible," and irrelevant opinionated unfactual indicators that they will succeed in spite of their having dragged around a litany of failures immediately prior to their getting promoted or hired here.

It is interesting I would note that if these are all such major coincidences, then why am I just about always proven categorically correct after things shake out?

I told you that Donadope would be a miserable failure before he was even hired and got lambasted here. What was the result?

I said the same about Gilbride, particularly his promotion to OC after being QB coach. What happened there?

I said the same thing about Bledsoe who I'd studied for years arguing with my Pats buddy regularly on that. How did that pan out?

Etc., etc., etc.

You try to give me far too much credit here Jan! Truly. I've never claimed to know or do anything any better than anyone else besides simply analyzing and synthesizing information that's already fully available for you, I, or anyone else here or within the organization to dissect and to come to the same exact expectations and predictions.

The difference between me and the team and y'all, the fans that deliberately choose to believe the same team/organization, is that I refuse to just stand there and nod and say "Yeah, what he [Wilson, Jauron, Bills' representative, Chris Brown, etc.] said!"

I in turn perform my own analysis.

As a case in point, let's go ahead and use Schonert:

First of all, I would ask the question why he hasn't been able to hold down a job in the NFL?

His coaching record is as follows according to TOS:

QB Coach:

Tampa '92 - '95

"directed the passers of the Buffalo Bills" from '98 - '00.

WTH does that mean, "directed the passers?" Was he QB coach or not? Sounds like the organization really reaching for the plausible scrap of success that they can in building up his sorry dossier to me. But hey, perhaps you view it differently.

QB Coach:

Carolina in '01

Giants in '03

Saints in '05

Bills in '06/'07

So first of all why was he apparently let go from those other teams? Well, perhaps the below will help clear things up.

What did he do in '96 and '97, and in '02 and '04?

I mean if he's such a hot commodity and great choice with a huge litany of success trailing him, why weren't teams just champing at the bit to sign him?

<TABLE borderColor=#3bbc01 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=645 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="9%" height=16>

</TD><TD width="13%" height=16>

</TD><TD width="27%" height=16>

</TD><TD width="5%" height=16>

*Primary QB

</TD><TD width="8%" height=16>

</TD><TD width="2%" height=16>

</TD><TD width="11%" height=16>
Team QB

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="9%" height=16>
Season

Team

TDs

INTs

Rating

TDs

INTs

Rating

Tampa

*Testeverde

Tampa

*Erickson

Tampa

*Erickson

Tampa

*Dilfer

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="9%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="13%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="27%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="5%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="8%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="2%" height=7>

</TD><TD width="11%" height=7>

Carolina

*Weinke

Giants

*Collins

New Orleans

*Brooks

Totals & Rating Averages:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As to his time in Buffalo I would first have to get some clarification what "directed the passers" actually means in the OBD Lexicon of Billsspeak in analyzing the '98-'00 seasons!

Otherwise, the entirety of Bills fandom has annointed Rob Johnson a massive failure and we all know that Flutie was unique and did what he wanted to regardless of what the coaches, even higher than whatever it was Schonert was doing then, said.

Otherwise, Losman's rating plummeted nearly a full 10 points from last year to this one under Schonert's impecable tutelage while seeing his TD/INT ratio get cut in half. Meanwhile, any that suggests that Edwards' performance doesn't raise questions as to even his 3rd round draft status is fully deluding themselves. And speaking of predictions, mine is that Edwards will never effectively or successfully hold down a starting job in the NFL as a QB.

But the bottom line is that no one can look at that and even see a single season of much success much less any pattern or trend of one.

Oh, I take that back, im4bflo, you, and some others probably can. That can very easily be explained however by our diametric definitions of "success" presumably. I enjoy winning, competence, and solid fundamental football where as you guys apparently are quite content reading about how great we are from January through August not wanting to have your views of this team interrupted by things as abysmal as the actual season from September through the New Year. As I've stated in the past, the issues with the discrepancies in perspectives here could be you.

Regardless, is that good to you? A basis for hope that he'll finally either pull his head out of his colon if that's it, or otherwise undergo some intellectual catharsis at the age of 51 now if that's the issue?

I'm just not getting it here Jan, this is a very simple "connect the dots" exercise leaving you defending the indefensible quite honestly.

Oh, you didn't know all that you say perhaps? Why not?

Does the organization? It took me all of about 20 minutes, tops, if that even, to collect all that data! Did anyone within the organization do that? Did Wilson task one of the highly paid personnel guys to do so? If not, then why not?

If the team is so proud of Schonert's "success," why not publish all of this openly in the media, on the front page of their site just to prove to everyone why they should have the utmost of confidence in Schonert?

Why/why not?

Naturally, neither you nor anyone else will actually answer that question, but that does not render it any less meaningful.

More people would rather come here to read what I just wrote than to hear you, im4bflo, and others blather on about what great choices the team is making w/o any basis or substantiation whatsoever, trust me!

Those that don't want to read it don't, then state that they know what I wrote without actually having read it, and then continue on their merry way in a mantra of "ignorance is bliss."

;)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message -->

THATHURMANATOR
01-30-2008, 10:37 AM
You lost me in the 5th paragraph man...

TedMock
01-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree with your point that people cannot realistically predict that Schonert is going to be a good one. This is based primarily on the fact that there is essentially no data at all on the guy.

As for listing data on why he's a "failure;" well there's no data to prove that either and your chart only verifies that even more. I understand the rationale that some may use in stating that he coached these awful QB's, but the stats on these QB's are also largely irrelevent when discussing the QB coach. Totally irrelevent, actually.

Think about it. We have Testaverde, Erickson, Brooks, Weinke, Collins and Dilfer. We can even add Johnson and Flutie to that mix. We can then with 100% confidence call the same guys "not very good," "Terrible," "Below average," "Real bad," "b-list," "meant to be a backup," "Sucks," and "grossly overrated."

Having said that; is there any coach anywhere who takes this group of men and creates hall of famers? Heck no! I'm in no way defending the hiring of Schonert. How could I? I know nothing about him or his potential. I guess that statement is the only reason to defend an argument against Schonert because there just isn't any data on the guy to actually analyze.

I try to look at the entire picture. I feel that I'm pretty un-biased when it comes to the team. I don't defend stupid moves and I don't agonize over moves that can't hurt the team. Hopefully my point of view doesn't appear as biased on either side of the table.

Jan Reimers
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Wys, I've put on my rose-colored glasses, my Poz game jersey, and my iPod playing Bills' fight songs. I'm sitting in my Bills' room reading Marv's book, again.

Please don't spoil my mood.

Tatonka
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
i got through half of the 3rd paragraph before i remembered that his posts and articles suck balls and i feel like i lost a part of my life everytime i read them that i wish i could have back.

:up:

don137
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
i got through half of the 3rd paragraph before i remembered that his posts and articles suck balls and i feel like i lost a part of my life everytime i read them that i wish i could have back.

:up:

I hear ya...I would be surprised if someone actually read his whole rant and rave.

Jan Reimers
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Here's the way I feel. It's the offseason. We have a new OC, 10 draft picks, some good cap room, a bunch of guys coming off IR, and a nucleus of good, young players who will get better with experience.

Why belabor every negative issue?

If you can't be just a little optimistic now, when can you be?

Dr. Lecter
01-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Jan, you officially have more patience than I.

I commend you!

helmetguy
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Jan, you officially have more patience than I.

I commend you!

And you MUCH more than I. Are you bucking for sainthood?

The Spaz
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
:monkeyp: Wys's posts!!

Dr. Lecter
01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
And you MUCH more than I. Are you bucking for sainthood?

I was, but some annoying pictures from my college years showed up and I was disqualified.

Stupid Grain Alcohol and sorority girls.

raphael120
01-30-2008, 03:29 PM
This, of all years, it is VERY important that we have the right OC calling the plays, and also the right QB coach coaching our QB that just got out of college.

A good OC/QB Coach can bring out the best in a mediocre QB...

A bad OC/QB Coach can bring out the worst in a great QB....

YardRat
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Could you fix your chart, please? It looks like ass.

helmetguy
01-30-2008, 07:27 PM

He subscribes to the Gregg Williams School. Next up, PIE CHARTS!

im4bflo
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
BILLS fans :yap: wys
All your spew is just your opinion, and no one elses.
Isn't it sinking in, that more fans dislike your :rolleyes: opinion,
than do?
get a clue!
:blah:

hydro
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
I wonder what the average word count is for WYS's posts? I am guessing his word count total probably eclipses mikey's who has 50x the posts.

:rofl:

yordad
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I gotta tell yall, this is a pretty entertaining thread.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
"Negative to be negative" is just as bad as "positive to be positive".

I like my facts based on facts and not conjecture.

helmetguy
01-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I like my facts based on facts and not conjecture.

I believe he DID say he synthesized information. "And on the seventh day..."

Wys Guy
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I gotta tell yall, this is a pretty entertaining thread.

LMAO

Yeah, and then everyone collectively scratches their heads as to why Shelby says what she says and why no one but a few scores of people actually come here to this grade school type environment.

LOL

I represent legion!

Of course then there are the many fans that don't even waste their time expressing their disgust too.

Hehehe...

Notice too how no one reads my statement but all mystically know what it says. Bwahahaha...

If only many of you hear actually knew what outsiders looking in thought.

:D

TacklingDummy
01-31-2008, 06:18 AM
If I printed out the 1st post in this thread I would have enough toilet paper to wipe my ass with for a week.

Billz_fan
01-31-2008, 06:23 AM
1 paragraph was enough for me :laughter:

don137
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Some people just do not get it. I have said it before and I will say it again. Sports is an outlet for most people from the real world. There is so much negativity and hatred in the world I never understand why some individuals want to bring all their negativity and hatred into sports.

Yes, fans of the Bills and Sabres have had it rough over the years but we also have had many good times. Sure we are disappointed by the way things are but as fans we want to be optomistic that our team could be the next team that turns it around. It happens every year where some dark horse comes out of no where and turns it around. Look at Cleveland or look at the Giants. Most never gave those teams a chance this year yet they had great seasons. That is what we hold on to. There is no guarantee that the Bills will or will not turn it around next year but most fans want to look at the positive and enjoy "what might be" instead of doom and gloom.

Being a sports fan is like playing golf. Sure I have more bad shots then good shots but the good shots keep me coming back.

hydro
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Some people just do not get it. I have said it before and I will say it again. Sports is an outlet for most people from the real world. There is so much negativity and hatred in the world I never understand why some individuals want to bring all their negativity and hatred into sports.

Yes, fans of the Bills and Sabres have had it rough over the years but we also have had many good times. Sure we are disappointed by the way things are but as fans we want to be optomistic that our team could be the next team that turns it around. It happens every year where some dark horse comes out of no where and turns it around. Look at Cleveland or look at the Giants. Most never gave those teams a chance this year yet they had great seasons. That is what we hold on to. There is no guarantee that the Bills will or will not turn it around next year but most fans want to look at the positive and enjoy "what might be" instead of doom and gloom.

Being a sports fan is like playing golf. Sure I have more bad shots then good shots but the good shots keep me coming back.

Great post! :bf1:

Wys Guy
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
There is no guarantee that the Bills will or will not turn it around next year but most fans want to look at the positive and enjoy "what might be" instead of doom and gloom.

Very poor analogy w/ the golf!

In golf you control your own game. You don't have someone taking your shots for you. Meanwhile, your life is apparently so miserable that there are no "good shots" there, eh. As a fan you have absolutely no control over how "good your game is" don, sorry.

We do all want to look at the positive, but when so few positives are actually put forth, fans are also smart enough to not allow themselves to be entirely deluded all in the name of "being positive" and enjoying as if someone could be covinced that a dried up burger is actually a USDA Prime Filet Mignon or even a decent 1/2 lb. burger for that matter.

Essentially you're saying here that fans, in this particular case, Bills fan, simply don't care as long as they can simply ignore reality and condition themslves to have artificial hope.

Frankly, I think that attitude is a slap in the face of the average Bills fan quite honestly, as well as an implication that the Bills fan base really is so stupid and unconcerned such that they can't see reality to begin with to allow themselves to even have such false hopes, or so unconcerned that they really don't care.

Either way, this thread is the absolutely perfect epitome of why these forums contain only what they contain and not much more, far better football discussions. It's all driven by assumed content and falsely so, of anyone with criticisms of this team.

After all, if we're supposed to all ignore reality in favor of some fantasy, IMO sports becomes a drug of sorts.

And to your statement:

There is so much negativity and hatred in the world I never understand why some individuals want to bring all their negativity and hatred into sports.

I don't even know what to say! Where on earth do you live that life is so miserable that you need to delude yourself into believing things that aren't even true in order to simply get out of bed in the morning as you seem to paint the picture?

Don't you have a family, kids, anything?

How about a career, business, job?

How 'bout hobbies, pastimes, sports that you personally play (golf for instance), etc.?

I realize that this world isn't exactly heaven, but there are plenty of good, positive things in it to partake of daily even, that such statements may apply to you, but I seriously doubt that they apply to much more than a vast minority of fans, of any team in any sport.

But you know what, that's the problem here, right here at BZ! Far too many people therefore take football far too seriously and for that very reason, that their lives are apparently either so miserable or so utterly lacking in other good endeavors, that they're reduced to having their emotional welfare fluctuate with their hopes of a team. I've said that for years, so thanks for illustrating it from your end! ;)

Most of you that commented in this thread really need to go out and get a life in that way!

Honestly! Is Upstate NY so damned miserable that it's doing this to all of ya???

Move out of state then to somewhere decent as there are tons of places, and places that many that come here yet don't live in Buffalo will attest to. Otherwise, WTH are some of you talking about that support this nonsense.

Wys Guy
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
BTW, I just went through and counted 15 or possibly 16 unique posters to this thread. And some of you want to believe that not even a dozen and a half Bills fans represent the entirety of the fan base?

I can guarantee you that more are losing interest faster than a bull steer that just copulated.

I tried, did the best I could. I don't know why it came out that way, sorry YR.

It's a once thru read that few will bother to look at anyway as they go waving the flag of Schonert's former football prowess with their fingers in their ears an blinders on. So who cares.

I suppose, foolishly, that I was hoping to garner some solid intellectual arguments to the contrary besides the standard "we believe what we want to believe no matter how shallow the basis of any of it really is" that is prevalent here with these type polemical masterpieces.

Wys Guy
01-31-2008, 12:58 PM
There is so much negativity and hatred in the world I never understand why some individuals want to bring all their negativity and hatred into sports.

And speaking of hatred, there's quite a bit of that here too!

don137
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Very poor analogy w/ the golf!

In golf you control your own game. You don't have someone taking your shots for you. Meanwhile, your life is apparently so miserable that there are no "good shots" there, eh. As a fan you have absolutely no control over how "good your game is" don, sorry.

We do all want to look at the positive, but when so few positives are actually put forth, fans are also smart enough to not allow themselves to be entirely deluded all in the name of "being positive" and enjoying as if someone could be covinced that a dried up burger is actually a USDA Prime Filet Mignon or even a decent 1/2 lb. burger for that matter.

Essentially you're saying here that fans, in this particular case, Bills fan, simply don't care as long as they can simply ignore reality and condition themslves to have artificial hope.

Frankly, I think that attitude is a slap in the face of the average Bills fan quite honestly, as well as an implication that the Bills fan base really is so stupid and unconcerned such that they can't see reality to begin with to allow themselves to even have such false hopes, or so unconcerned that they really don't care.

Either way, this thread is the absolutely perfect epitome of why these forums contain only what they contain and not much more, far better football discussions. It's all driven by assumed content and falsely so, of anyone with criticisms of this team.

After all, if we're supposed to all ignore reality in favor of some fantasy, IMO sports becomes a drug of sorts.

And to your statement:

I don't even know what to say! Where on earth do you live that life is so miserable that you need to delude yourself into believing things that aren't even true in order to simply get out of bed in the morning as you seem to paint the picture?

Don't you have a family, kids, anything?

How about a career, business, job?

How 'bout hobbies, pastimes, sports that you personally play (golf for instance), etc.?

I realize that this world isn't exactly heaven, but there are plenty of good, positive things in it to partake of daily even, that such statements may apply to you, but I seriously doubt that they apply to much more than a vast minority of fans, of any team in any sport.

But you know what, that's the problem here, right here at BZ! Far too many people therefore take football far too seriously and for that very reason, that their lives are apparently either so miserable or so utterly lacking in other good endeavors, that they're reduced to having their emotional welfare fluctuate with their hopes of a team. I've said that for years, so thanks for illustrating it from your end! ;)

Most of you that commented in this thread really need to go out and get a life in that way!

Honestly! Is Upstate NY so damned miserable that it's doing this to all of ya???

Move out of state then to somewhere decent as there are tons of places, and places that many that come here yet don't live in Buffalo will attest to. Otherwise, WTH are some of you talking about that support this nonsense.

I have great life with a wonderful wife, a very nice house, two awesome kids, a great job and have many friends.

The real world I am talking about is what is presented in the media. Watch the news or the TV sometime and tell me how much positive things they have to say. The media spends more time talking and showing how one presidential candidate puts down the other instead of talking about the good they can bring. The media loves to report murders, fires, the bad things going on across the world instead of the good that is going on in the world. They talk about how we are in a recession yet the US economy has way too low unemployment to be in a recession and while the growth is low it is not negative. Not exactly a recession by definition but the media wants to portray all the negative.
That is the negative things I am talking about. To me your nothing more than the media always pointing out the bad and not the good. The glass is always half empty in your book. If 99 people did something good you would point the one person that did something bad. Your nothing but a troll on this board and most get zero value out of your posts. If I want to see so much negativity I will watch the news.

helmetguy
01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Don, to your credit, you have a lot going for you. Face it, it took the guy THREE posts to respond to your one. Makes one wonder what HIS quality of life is, eh? How else can you explain why someone would put forth such effort to "prove" how right he is, how wys he is, to a bunch of casual fans on a message board? My first guess woulda been OCD for OBD.

YardRat
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
I can guarantee you that more are losing interest faster than a bull steer that just copulated.

Ticket sales from '06 to '07 would suggest otherwise. We'll have to wait until this year to see if the 'trend' continues or reverses.

im4bflo
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
wait a minute, here comes another Wys opinion:horsecrap
:rolleyes: same ol thing :down:
Do you have a woman in your life?
And what's her life like?