PDA

View Full Version : My interview with Teyo Johnson

phishhead220
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey guys. I interviewed Teyo Johnson earlier this evening for my web site. He seemed like a nice guy. Also found out that the team tried him out back in November. I think we could've used him on the roster back then since we were so thin at tight end.

Hope you guys enjoy

http://mvn.com/nfl-bills/2008/01/30/exclusive-interview-with-bills-tight-end-teyo-johnson/

ZacGriffi~82
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, a 2 year deal.

OpIv37
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Hamburg Sea Devils?

Might as well be the London Silly Nannies.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/FGPatriotGames1.jpg

Tatonka
01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
i dont know how anyone can not be at least a little excited about his signing.

phishhead220
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM
On paper he has the most talent of any of our tight ends already.

JJamezz
01-31-2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks for posting it man, good stuff. :up:

shelby
01-31-2008, 04:21 AM
Thanks!

Night Train
01-31-2008, 04:58 AM
A bicep tear takes time to mend.

Little wonder no one would touch him up until now. A unique athlete that could possibly help us. Camp will tell the story.

bigbub2352
01-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Nice Post thanx, i think 2 yr deals are standard when signing league minimuim offers, could be wrong thou

phishhead220
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice Post thanx, i think 2 yr deals are standard when signing league minimuim offers, could be wrong thou

The tight end we just signed was a one year deal. Michael Gaines also was on a one-year.

jamze132
01-31-2008, 10:20 AM
DG: What do you think you can bring to this Buffalo team?

TJ: That’s not for me to decide. All you can do is go out there one day at a time.

Yeah, I'm sold! Nice answer douche.

Buffatexas
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
DG: What do you think you can bring to this Buffalo team?

TJ: That’s not for me to decide. All you can do is go out there one day at a time.

Yeah, I'm sold! Nice answer douche.

if you read into it a bit, I think what he meant is that he will do what is asked of him. There is already questions about how he was used and that he has been used improperly. The guy is probably demotivated to say the least and will do what ever is asked as long as he has a job

Jan Reimers
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
That's easy for a few of the folks on here. You know, he sucks because. . . he sucks.

raphael120
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
That's easy for a few of the folks on here. You know, he sucks because. . . he sucks.

Yeah, Jan. He's good because....what? He played in NFL Europa and never started a game in his life.

Come on people, get real.

helmetguy
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM

I'm sure there's a chart and a ****load of stats just waiting to be posted.

Buffatexas
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, Jan. He's good because....what? He played in NFL Europa and never started a game in his life.

and kurt warner bagged my groceries and was in the AFL..point is, anything could happen, new place, new plan. TJ could perform well, then again he could be a bust...we wont know until that time comes round.

phishhead220
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM

He started six games for the Raiders and three for the Cardinals.

raphael120
01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
He started six games for the Raiders and three for the Cardinals.

Ha, well if he's only good enough to start for those loser teams for at most half a season, that's why he's here. It's a 3 way competition of bad free agent signings!

Philagape
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM

Being dumped multiple times by bad teams does it for me.

I don't care about it either way, but it's the homerism that gets me. "We signed him, so he must be good."

There is no reason whatsoever to be "excited." That's ridiculous.

Jan Reimers
01-31-2008, 01:51 PM

I didn't say he was good, either. He just seems like an interesting street free agent with some potential.

I'm simply for giving the guy a chance, instead of throwing him under the bus and then running over him repeatedly. I'm sorry that my keeping an open mind on our signees offends some people.

Ed
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Being dumped multiple times by bad teams does it for me.

I don't care about it either way, but it's the homerism that gets me. "We signed him, so he must be good."

There is no reason whatsoever to be "excited." That's ridiculous.
It's exciting becaue he's a new player and he's young with some potential at a position of need. It doesn't mean he's automatically going to be good, or we're going to the playoffs or people are jumping out of their seats to buy season tickets.

It's just exciting to a certain degree whenever you get new young faces on the team. Same with the draft and signing undrafted FA's. None of it means jack unless they perform on the field, but it's still fun getting new players.

There's absolutely no reason to be so negative when it comes to these types of signings.

Philagape
01-31-2008, 02:47 PM
It's exciting becaue he's a new player and he's young with some potential at a position of need. It doesn't mean he's automatically going to be good, or we're going to the playoffs or people are jumping out of their seats to buy season tickets.

It's just exciting to a certain degree whenever you get new young faces on the team. Same with the draft and signing undrafted FA's. None of it means jack unless they perform on the field, but it's still fun getting new players.

There's absolutely no reason to be so negative when it comes to these types of signings.

There's no reason to be positive either, especially when there's a record of failure.

What potential are you referring to? He had potential with his previous teams, too. If merely being new makes it fun, hell, I'll try out myself and people can get excited over me.
He's not just a street UDFA we're talking about; he's had chances and failed.
It's the posts that say we have to view this positively that I have a problem with. It's not so much the player, it's the homerism.
I get excited about results, and not until then. Bills fans, of all people, should know better.

Ed
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
There's no reason to be positive either, especially when there's a record of failure.

What potential are you referring to? He had potential with his previous teams, too. If merely being new makes it fun, hell, I'll try out myself and people can get excited over me.
He's not just a street UDFA we're talking about; he's had chances and failed.
It's the posts that say we have to view this positively that I have a problem with. It's not so much the player, it's the homerism.
I get excited about results, and not until then. Bills fans, of all people, should know better.
I'm talking about the same potential that made him a second round draft pick as a college sophmore. Leaving school too early was most likely a mistake, but it doesn't make you a failure for your career. How old was Johnson when he got cut by the Raiders, 23? Not to mention he had to make a position switch.

As for you, I'm willing to bet you weren't a good DI college football player, so no, there's nothing to be excited or intrigued about if you were to try out for the team. There's probably a big difference between you and a guy like Teyo Johnson.

No one is saying you have to be all pumped up about this signing. I think the only point people are trying to make is that it doesn't hurt the team, so there's no reason to get bent out of shape if others find him to be an intriguing prospect.

I guess we're not allowed to get excited about the draft either since the odds are that most of the players won't amount to anything, and the only thing draft day produces is hope and no results.

Philagape
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm talking about the same potential that made him a second round draft pick as a college sophmore. Leaving school too early was most likely a mistake, but it doesn't make you a failure for your career. How old was Johnson when he got cut by the Raiders, 23? Not to mention he had to make a position switch.

As for you, I'm willing to bet you weren't a good DI college football player, so no, there's nothing to be excited or intrigued about if you were to try out for the team. There's probably a big difference between you and a guy like Teyo Johnson.

Shall we list all of the second- and first-round picks who were busts? They were good DI players too, with lots of potential. So I don't care where he was drafted.

No one is saying you have to be all pumped up about this signing.

Yes there is, in this very thread, which is what I responded to in the first place.

I guess we're not allowed to get excited about the draft either since the odds are that most of the players won't amount to anything, and the only thing draft day produces is hope and no results.

A draftee doesn't have a history of failure in the NFL.

Ed
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Shall we list all of the second- and first-round picks who were busts? They were good DI players too, with lots of potential. So I don't care where he was drafted.

Yes there is, in this very thread, which is what I responded to in the first place.

A draftee doesn't have a history of failure in the NFL.
Not one person in this thread said that you have to be all pumped over signing Teyo Johnson. And not one person has said that he has to be be good since he was signed by the Bills.

Philagape
01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Not one person in this thread said that you have to be all pumped over signing Teyo Johnson. And not one person has said that he has to be be good since he was signed by the Bills.

"i dont know how anyone can not be at least a little excited about his signing."

In another thread, someone said "you gotta like this."

All the same sentiment.

jamze132
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
if you read into it a bit, I think what he meant is that he will do what is asked of him. There is already questions about how he was used and that he has been used improperly. The guy is probably demotivated to say the least and will do what ever is asked as long as he has a job
I would still like to see some confidence in the guy.

jmb1099
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm excited that we may actually be considering having the position of tight end utilized in the offense.