• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

I AM F'N LIVID!

Season-ticket holders of the Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats will get first priority to buy tickets for eight Buffalo Bills games that will be played at Rogers Centre in Toronto over the next five years.

tickets would average out at $250 and that fans would have to buy the entire multi-year package and pay for them upfront.

tickets would be dispersed by a lottery format that would include Toronto and Hamilton season-ticket subscribers.

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I AM F'N LIVID!

I expeced something like this. The point of going to Toronto is expand the fan base and is, unfortanetly, probably the only way this team has any chance of staying here.

The Bill absolutely must be able to sell more suites. They did not sell out their luxury boxes last year, despite them being amongst the lowest prices in the NFL. Teams need that revenue to be fucntional in today's NFL, since it is unshared.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but I really think you are over-racting here. With the seating capacity in the SkyDome, giving Bills ticket holders first crack would, in essence, make the reason for the game meaningless.

BTW, the NFL is driving this bus and making decisions.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Bills season ticket holders will also get first crack. I heard it yesterday and read it today on tsn.ca

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

The Fan also reported tickets would be done via lottery, with first crack going to Argos and Ticats season-ticket holders, then Bills season-ticket holders. The average price would reportedly be C$250 a game and fans would have to purchase all eight tickets and pay for them upfront.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Wouldn't you think that loyal Argo and Ti-Cat season ticket holders would get first priority in Toronto?

We have sold this game to Canadian interests (or the NFL?), and it is therefore their perogative as to ticket sales and distribution.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

You want the Bills to stay in Buffalo you better be willing to open up the area and allow others to become hardcore fans.

This is economics. If you are that livid about this situation then you need to tell the Bills to increase ticket prices $20 per ticket per game.

But then watch what happens. The Bills WILL NOT SURVIVE IN BUFFALO unless these types of desperate measures are enacted... this is fact.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Link to TSN

The sources said the Bills will play a regular-season game at Rogers Centre in 2008 after the CFL season, avoiding possible conflicts with both the Argos and Ticats. As part of that deal, season-ticket holders with both clubs will be given some sort of priority at purchasing tickets to Buffalo's game here.
              However, The Fan 590, a Toronto all-sports radio station, reported the Bills' agreement only ensures that the 2008 game won't conflict with the CFL schedule and that it wasn't clear whether that stipulation would also apply to the other four years of the deal.
              The Fan also reported tickets would be done via lottery, with first crack going to Argos and Ticats season-ticket holders, then Bills season-ticket holders. The average price would reportedly be C$250 a game and fans would have to purchase all eight tickets and pay for them upfront.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

The games will all be in December.. meaning a lot of bills fans in Buffalo won't get a chance to see the team play a potential home game that could decide their playoff fate.

I hate this ****.. There has to be another way. Doesn't really matter what I think now though, it's already a done deal. Unfortunately, I think the Bills sticking around in Buffalo past the next five years is as well.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  I expeced something like this. The point of going to Toronto is expand the fan base and is, unfortanetly, probably the only way this team has any chance of staying here.

The Bill absolutely must be able to sell more suites. They did not sell out their luxury boxes last year, despite them being amongst the lowest prices in the NFL. Teams need that revenue to be fucntional in today's NFL, since it is unshared.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but I really think you are over-racting here. With the seating capacity in the SkyDome, giving Bills ticket holders first crack would, in essence, make the reason for the game meaningless.

BTW, the NFL is driving this bus and making decisions.
                  Look man, I totally understand their reasoning for doing a game in TOR.

What irritates me is:

1 - It's the BUFFALO BILLS, not the TORONTO BILLS. I pay for my season tickets, and have for years. If you want to move the game, so be it, but HOW DARE THEY give priority to Toronto fans over us. If I was a season ticket holder over the course of several decades like some of you, this would be the end for me. This is a HUGE slap in the face to our current season ticket base - basically, we are worthless to them. This team has been SO BAD for SO LONG no businesses want to invest in box seats to watch a team score 2 fg's and win a handful of games, now the "regular joe" season ticket holder pays the price. F THAT!

2 - Nobody said this was a 5 year deal, raping us of 8 total games. This is completely unfair. 31 teams in the league get 8 home games and 2 preseason games, but Buffalo fans get screwed out of 1-2 per year?

The NFL should be embarassed at the way they treat this franchise. Our owner has ran this franchise in the ground by not paying for talent or putting winning teams on the field. Yet the fans continue to sell out for a team that hasn't won anything of significance in over a decade... and now this?

BLATANT DISRESPECT to people that have been forking over thousands of dollars for years on end... thanks for leaving us in the dark Ralph, Toronto, and the NFL.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Freeman, Bills season ticket holders get priority too. What's the big deal?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Freeman, the point is this team can no longer survive on us and us alone. They have to expand how regional this team is. They have to make this venture as appealling to Toronto and the associated Canadians as possible. They have to expand the team up to the much larger Toronto market as well.

nobody is syaing we are worthless; rather that the support is no longer enough. Again, it is not about season tickets, It is about attracting real money from businesses and luxury suites. Season ticket holders do not support an NFL financially to any great extent. The reality of today's NFL is that the big money (suites and the such) has to be rolling in. The Bills sold 156 of 160 boxes last year. That will nto work whatsoever.

Also, we knew this was a multi-year deal. I did not know how long, but am not shocked.

Again, it is not pleasant, but much better than the realistic alternative.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Freeman, Bills season ticket holders get priority too. What's the big deal?
                        Ask Sabres fans how that worked for the Ice Bowl.

You don't forsee a bunch of morons gobbling up all the tickets before Bills fans even get a crack? Give me a break.

This franchise has survived for upwards of 50 years with little to no help from Toronto fans. All the sudden they're the savior... if we give them one game it's going to intice them to trek to Buffalo for the other 7 games? Especially with the garbage that Wilson puts on the field? You guys really believe that this is going to help sell luxury boxes? Don't you think if Toronto businesses wanted in on the action they would have done so at some point over the past 15 years?

We can't even get people from the suburbs to come watch this crap team. What rock are you people living under?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Then stay home. Nobody is putting a gun to your head FORCING you to buy the package. Also, you failed to mention the part about season ticket holders not having to pay for 8 games in Buffalo, only 7. You don't lose ANYTHING on this deal.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            Ask Sabres fans how that worked for the Ice Bowl.

You don't forsee a bunch of morons gobbling up all the tickets before Bills fans even get a crack? Give me a break.
                            All Sabres season ticket holders got tickets to that game.

And the comparison is two totally different situations, especially when you are talking about ponying up $2,000 a seat upfront.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              You don't lose ANYTHING on this deal.
                              I LOSE A HOME GAME. I lose a weekend watching the team. I lose a weekend hanging out with friends/family/having a good time. I don't care that I don't have to pay for it, the money is not the point for me... the point is that this is a home game we no longer have at the expense of luxury boxes and appeasing CFL fans. It's complete and utter garbage.

Also - this is going to be a late season game... that works out really f'n well if the team is in the playoff hunt. Play a game with playoff implications in the skydome in front of Argo fans. It's all rainbows right now, but watch people like myself come out of the woodwork if that becomes the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X