PDA

View Full Version : Toronto needs a bigger stadium,eh?

blackonyx89
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
If and when Ralph passes,the Rogers Centre (Skydome) holds only 55,000. That means that Toronto have to build a new stadium that can hold 10-15 thousand more seats. This will take at least 3-4 years. I really don't want that to happen and I pray that Jim Kelly or someone can buy this franchise and SAVE THE BILLS!!!

:please:

Jan Reimers
01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I've seen the "Jim Kelly is going to buy the team" thing in several different threads.

To set the record straight, Jim Kelly is not going buy the franchise. As I understand it, he is trying to find an investor, or more probably a small group of investors, to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo. I would imagine he might then have some role - small investor, executive position, or both - with the new ownership.

Kelly simply doesn't have the resources to buy the team himself. But he may have the clout and the contacts to bring together a new ownership group.

blackonyx89
01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
I've seen the "Jim Kelly is going to buy the team" thing in several different threads.

To set the record straight, Jim Kelly is not going buy the franchise. As I understand it, he is trying to find an investor, or more probably a small group of investors, to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo. I would imagine he might then have some role - small investor, executive position, or both - with the new ownership.

Kelly simply doesn't have the resources to buy the team himself. But he may have the clout and the contacts to bring together a new ownership group.

I know that,but he's the high profile face of the investors group and trust me, he's going to have a lot of say about who comes to the Bills if he and his group can buy the franchise.

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Yeah, that's all a dream and I don't know who started it but I'd like to donkey punch that person.

Jeff1220
01-31-2008, 01:18 PM
The lack of seats is probably another reason for the extremly high average ticket price of $250 for the games there.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't buy that.

Rogers Centre 50000 x $250 = $12.5 M
The Ralph 73000 x $50 (avg.) = $3650000

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't buy that.

Rogers Centre 50000 x $250 = $1 M
The Ralph 73000 x $50 (avg.) = $365,000
I wonder how much of that $1,000,000 will actually get to the Bills.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
sorry gr8, i forgot a zero in there :doh:

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
sorry gr8, i forgot a zero in there :doh:
I didn't even catch it, but how much of that is actually ours I wonder.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
god my math stinks today :z:

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
god my math stinks today :z:
My Math always stinks :ill:

Jeff1220
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Box sales would affect revenues as well, plus it's naturally going to be more expensive for the 1+ game in Toronto vs. 7 in Buffalo because of simple supply and demand. But I'm sure the smaller stadium does factor in to the cost.

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Box sales would affect revenues as well, plus it's naturally going to be more expensive for the 1+ game in Toronto vs. 7 in Buffalo because of simple supply and demand. But I'm sure the smaller stadium does factor in to the cost.
You also have to consider that Toronto is one of the richest cities in the world and some feel that it's the most metropolitan in the world.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Looks like I won't be going to the games here then. :sigh:

ddaryl
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Most NFL stadiums are smaller then Buffalo, but the majority get considerable more per seat then what the Bills charge.

then there is luxury boxes. The Skydome has plenty of upper end luxury boxes at a much larger premium then what Buffalo gets for their boxes. Other teams in the NFL also get much more for their boxes then what Buffalo get for theres.

Bottom line is most teams in the NFL bring in a heluva alot more cash, and a town like Toronto is going to bring in a premium.

blackonyx89
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
You also have to consider that Toronto is one of the richest cities in the world and some feel that it's the most metropolitan in the world.

Toronto's a scaled down NYC.

:respect:

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Toronto's a scaled down NYC.

:respect:

But middle class people can still live here.

BillsRockSOMUCH
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Looks like I won't be going to the games here then. :sigh:
As someone also living near Toronto, you have to realize that the demand here for the NFL is so huge that the prices are going to be through the roof. It's going to be mostly upper-class people, since the tickets will just be too expensive for many middle-class people to pay for eight games up front over five years. My only option to go to the games would be to get in a group with at least five other people because I can't afford to go to all of these games. Still though, it's better than I thought, I thought the average price would be upwards of the the $300 area.

Part of the reason Ralph is doing this, other than expanding the fan base to go the Buffalo games, is simply the money made off these Toronto game. The team could potentially make more money off this game than the other seven home games in Buffalo combined.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I know demand is huge but I'm going to spend my money in other places.
Going to more Bills games in Buffalo and Ti-Cats games.

BillsRockSOMUCH
01-31-2008, 01:52 PM
I know demand is huge but I'm going to spend my money in other places.
Going to more Bills games in Buffalo and Ti-Cats games.
Yeah, likely the same for me. The commute is liveable and the tickets are far more affordable for the Buffalo games, so I'm likely only going to one or two of them.

tormike
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
dont forget the atmosphere and the tailgating which is better in Buffalo

gr8slayer
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
dont forget the atmosphere and the tailgating which is better in Buffalo
How do you know? There's never been an NFL game in Toronto.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2008, 08:03 PM
We don't have the laws or space for tailgating around Rogers Centre.