PDA

View Full Version : 2008 FA moves that make sense and are realistic

jpdex12
01-31-2008, 08:53 PM
We can trade JP for a 5thRD pick and have to groom a player or we can trade for a player.

Trade JP to Detroit for DT Rodgers straight up. They redo JP's contract and we redo Rodgers contract. Each contract extension will include incentives. It's a win win trade. True Rodgers has some motivation issues but he was a 1st Rd pick like JP and the cost wont hurt us like it wouldn't hurt us with keeping JP's salary. We need a DT and they need a QB. The "what ifs" are the same for both players. Jauron did coach this kid though... I say it makes sense and it gives us help at DT. A draft pick will take a few years to come to fruition.

Pick up LJ Smith TE (Eagles) UFA (injury history but good cathcing TE and can block)

Pick up Wilford WR (Jags) UFA (Nice, tall, experienced target to teach a youngster)

Pick up McCrary DE (Jags) UFA (A reliable filler until we draft a DE long term)

I could see us using another Webster like CB for our secondary round outs.

These moves are feasable and won't break the bank. These are the types of moves I think we can expect this year from the Bills and nothing more.

Rodgers DT
Smith TE
Wilford WR
McCrary DE

VeggieMan14
01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
We can trade JP for a 5thRD pick and have to groom a player or we can trade for a player.

Trade JP to Detroit for DT Rodgers straight up. They redo JP's contract and we redo Rodgers contract. Each contract extension will include incentives. It's a win win trade. True Rodgers has some motivation issues but he was a 1st Rd pick like JP and the cost wont hurt us like it wouldn't hurt us with keeping JP's salary. We need a DT and they need a QB. The "what ifs" are the same for both players. Jauron did coach this kid though... I say it makes sense and it gives us help at DT. A draft pick will take a few years to come to fruition.

Pick up LJ Smith TE (Eagles) UFA (injury history but good cathcing TE and can block)

Pick up Wilford WR (Jags) UFA (Nice, tall, experienced target to teach a youngster)

Pick up McCrary DE (Jags) UFA (A reliable filler until we draft a DE long term)

I could see us using another Webster like CB for our secondary round outs.

These moves are feasable and won't break the bank. These are the types of moves I think we can expect this year from the Bills and nothing more.

Rodgers DT
Smith TE
Wilford WR
McCrary DE

Don't think Lions would accept that. The rest looks pretty good tho

jpdex12
01-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe, Maybe not.

At this point they both could be considered a bust for 1st round picks. They have both flashed worthiness and they have both flashed crap. What is worse? Lack of motivation at times or poor decision making skills?

Confused
02-01-2008, 06:50 AM
sckeptical about rogers....... he's a fatty-pig fatty.

DraftBoy
02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Detroit has their QB of the future in Drew Stanton and Jon Kitna played pretty well last year, I see no reason why they would take on JP.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
We're not landing Rogers.

If the Lions do trade Shaun Rogers, it is thought they'll ask for a proven player who can immediately fill one of the Lions' many defensive holes, not draft picks.
Booth Newspapers' Tom Kowalski mentions Bill Parcells as a potential suitor, noting that Parcells "gushed" about Rogers in conference calls before the Cowboys played the Lions. If the Lions can't find trade partner, Kowalski believes the Lions will give Rogers a weight limit and fine him if he doesn't meet it, a la Mike Williams.

kernowboy
02-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Wilford resigned with the Jags

I'd look at

WLB

TEDDY LEHMAN or CALEB MILLAR. None of the LBs shone at the Senior Bowl

DE

ANTWAN ODOM or TRAVIS LABOY - with the Titans investing heavily in VandenBosch and with HAYNESWORTH and STARKS to be resigned, somethings got to give

FB

DAN KREIDER ... New Hampshire guy.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM

I'd look at

WLB

DE

ANTWAN ODOM or TRAVIS LABOY - with the Titans investing heavily in VandenBosch and with HAYNESWORTH and STARKS to be resigned, somethings got to give

FB

When did Wilford re-sign? I can't find it:

Ernest Wilford doesn't expect to return to the Jaguars in 2008.
Wilford was the only Jag to pull his name tag off his locker after Saturday's loss to New England. He could be of interest for teams looking to add a big third receiver who'll get his hands dirty in the running game.

jpdex12
02-01-2008, 07:35 PM

I'd look at

WLB

DE

FB

?