Buffalo Can't Afford an NFL Team in this Day and Age...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Buffalo Can't Afford an NFL Team in this Day and Age...

Sure we have enough money to sell out the games, but revenue comes in many forms. National advertising, corporate boxes, sponsors...and the Bills don't have many of those. And its not enough to support an NFL team....remember not too long ago, the Sabres weren't going to be here either.

It's just sad when you realize everything...we're the first team in NFL history to have a home game taken away for 5 years straight to somewhere outside of the country. If that doesn't show you the dire straights this franchise is in...I don't know what will. Sometimes we just have this bubble where were dont see how the rest of the league views us...but what if Miami was so down in the dumps they needed to play 1 game every year in Puerto Rico (hypothetically). Wouldnt you be laughing your asses off at them?? Despite it being a maybe good idea financially for the Bills....it's embarassing. Now I got my friends calling me who are fans of other teams "Dude the Bills suck so bad they need to play games in Canada."

I'm proud to be a Bills fans...but sometimes it feels like the Bills are in a retirement home and theyve had a stroke or something and theyre not quite right, not who they used to be, knowing that theyre going to die soon...but you keep going because you care even though it stinks.

You have to wonder if things would be any different if this team wasn't so bad the past 10 years...i mean...look at Green Bay...they have the star power, the winning legacy-today! It seems like Buffalo clings too much to the early 90s...but the early 90s aren't helping the Bills now...unelss Jim Kelly does help buy out the Bills someday...but who knows...

To sum it all up:

This **** is depressing.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Can't Afford an NFL Team in this Day and Age...

since ive said for years i dont know how the bills could possibly keep the team here given the insane money available elsewhere im thrilled to have several games in toronto a year. in fact id be happy if we just split the games fitty fitty if that was the last resort
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Bone
      Bone
      • Oct 2006

Well as I see it were able to watch another season as the Buffalo Bills, I'm not to worried about the next 5 years.
      BILLIEVE

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
          +1.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
            +2

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

We can all speculate, and I could give you the positive view, but we won't really know until Ralph passes.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Buffatexas
                • Aug 2002

This may have been stated before but has Erie County came forward and mentioned anything about getting involved in preventing the Bills from moving if indeed they get sold to a buyer that wants to move? The county has a lot of money invested in that stadium

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

This topic really gets old, I'm just going sit back and let it work itself out.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                    If that doesn't show you the dire straights this franchise is in...I don't know what will.
                    it's not buffalo's fault that new york state is shooting itself in the foot each day.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

You all have to remember that the league was built on the concept that ALL revenue was to be shared. Since this is no longer the case then problems will develop. I, for one, do not think we should sell our souls for any professional team.

I do enjoy the Bills. I have been a season ticket-holder for 30+ years but there is no way I going to go crazy to give half-educated nitwits millions of $ each year.

Comment

• shaunm000
                        • Nov 2007

As a Dolphins fan... i would hate to see the Bills leave Buffalo. My GF grew up in OP and her family lives and dies by the Bills. Plus, i love going up for games, tailgating, getting food and beer thrown at me, and eating at all the amazing places for food you guys got there. Its really tough getting shut out at the Ralph 21-0 but some Mighty Taco afterwards makes it all worth while! Oh and Capellis pizza! Oh and some Louies red hots, Oh and some wings from Anchor Bar, Oh and i cant forget freaking chicken finger subs from Jims stake-out!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

It's all in the luxury boxes.

Los Angeles, second-largest city in the U.S., has a 90,000 seat coliseum and a 100,000+ seat Rose Bowl that could easily support an NFL franchise, but because they want to extort hundreds of millions of new dollars for new/renovated stadiums with luxury boxes Los Angeles won't get a team. Thank the multibillionaire owners like Snyder and Jerry Jones who write loopholes into the revenue sharing formula like luxury boxes, so they can continue to get rich at the expense of the rest of the league.

If luxury box revenue and main seat revenue were treated equally we wouldn't have this problem. We could have kept Rich Stadium at 80,000+ seats and still been financially secure.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Revenue sharing and real cash disparity is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed, but even if it is WNY's economy needs to get better if we ever want a Lombardi trophy in Buffalo.

BTW...Green Bay used to split half of their home schedule with Milwaukee.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                            X