PDA

View Full Version : The Bills need to move up in the draft!!

HHURRICANE
02-01-2008, 07:29 AM
The Bills need to take a shot at Dorsey. After we trade JP we are going to have at least 11-12 picks. Instead of wasting them on the Haggans, Stamers, and Shauds of the world maybe we could get a real player in here.

This "blue collar" crap needs to stop. Bring some damn talent in here.

Getting players like Poz and McCargo late in first rounds and early second rounds are not steals. They are there for a reason.

If the Bills are serious about winning than bring in some anchors.

FlyingDutchman
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
The Bills need to take a shot at Dorsey. After we trade JP we are going to have at least 11-12 picks. Instead of wasting them on the Haggans, Stamers, and Shauds of the world maybe we could get a real player in here.

Getting players like Poz and McCargo late in first rounds and early second rounds are not steals. They are there for a reason.

That would take a lot on our part to do that. Probably swaping first round picks along with our 2nd and 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. Anyone have that value chart and know what it would take?

DraftBoy
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM

Well if we better people running the draft we wouldnt have this issue.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
No, we have pressing needs all over the team not just at DT. It would take a whole first days worth of picks to move up that high.

X-Era
02-01-2008, 07:57 AM

Could not agree more!

Take a look at the teams in the playoffs and each and every one has a few pro-bowlers. We have Peters and Schobel. And only Peters was a starter.

No I dont want to go the Donahoe route ever again, but we need a few true stars.

Dorsey on this team makes us better against the pass and the run on day one. And not just a bit better.

That said, I think its highly unlikely we do it.

At 11, theres players who arent as sure fire stars that I think will end up being just that. Heres my list:

Keith Rivers
Vernon Gholston
Malcolm Kelly
possibly Sedrick Ellis

Any of those guys helps this team day one and IMO has allthe makings of a star.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2008, 08:17 AM
There is no reason to bet the house on a high draft pick. Some of the top picks are crap shoots anyway, as we all have seen busts in the top 5 picks in the past years left and right.

bigbub2352
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Sedric Ellis, and Rivers would be great at 11, then go WR in 2nd and TE and FB in the third, but iwouldnt mind given swappin 1st, and given them one of our 3rds, but i would give up our 2nd, maybe even both of our 3rds

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
taking a quick look at the NFL draft value chart, Pick number one is worth 3,000 and 11 is worth 1,250 thus a trade would look something like this

Buffalo gets Miamis first round draft pick

Miami gets Buffalos 1st(1250), 2nd (490), 3rd(235), Ravens 3rd(230) and Buffalos 2009 1st(800)

I think this would be a sound move considering the bills are clearly only one player away from the superbowl right now. :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
taking a quick look at the NFL draft value chart, Pick number one is worth 3,000 and 11 is worth 1,250 thus a trade would look something like this

Buffalo gets Miamis first round draft pick

Miami gets Buffalos 1st(1250), 2nd (490), 3rd(235), Ravens 3rd(230) and Buffalos 2009 1st(800)

I think this would be a sound move considering the bills are clearly only one player away from the superbowl right now. :rolleyes:
:sigh:

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
however, if Ellis drops to the Ravens at 8, we could spring ahead of Cincy and NO (2 teams with big needs at DT) by swapping 1st round picks with the Ravens and give them back their 3rd as compensation.

Confused
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
All draft picks are crap shoots. none of these guys have played at the pro level. How can you judge how good they will be. thats were the term bust comes from.

Trade our picks for established players like Roy Williams. thats a sure fire way to improve drastically in one offseason.

jamze132
02-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I would rather get our offense on track through the draft. We can plug holes through FA on the defense.

I think McCargo will have his breakout year next season.

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I think McCargo will have his breakout year next season.

If they let him on the field.

HAMMER
02-01-2008, 08:01 PM

And if we give up our whole draft and miss where will we be? No thanks. You move up for a franchise QB, not Dorsey. Not smart drafting on your part HH.

Bone
02-02-2008, 08:49 AM
There is no reason to bet the house on a high draft pick. Some of the top picks are crap shoots anyway, as we all have seen busts in the top 5 picks in the past years left and right.

Glenn Dorsey is not a bust.

DMBcrew36
02-02-2008, 08:53 AM

No, but he's not worth giving up practically ALL of our picks for.

HHURRICANE
02-02-2008, 07:32 PM
No, but he's not worth giving up practically ALL of our picks for.

Because a fellow zoner posts that we have to give up 2 1sts, a second, and a third, than it's reality.

This is BS.

No, lets get another Whitner at 11.

Philagape
02-02-2008, 07:54 PM

Isn't that said about every bust before they become busts? Or else they wouldn't be busts.

But I do agree that it'd be nice to land a real impact star. We can afford to try, both in picks and money. It's time to take the next step.

venis2k1
02-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Because a fellow zoner posts that we have to give up 2 1sts, a second, and a third, than it's reality.

This is BS.

No, lets get another Whitner at 11.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

feel free to add it up yourself.

YardRat
02-02-2008, 08:16 PM
We don't have a shot at Dorsey, and it would take too much to get into a position where we do.