PDA

View Full Version : The world is ending!

Bill Brasky
02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21145.html

- For one, the People's Republic-style outlandish taxes that plague the team's state, county, and city, all done by a government that thinks it knows how to spend your income better than you do, are the chief reason that there aren't more businesses or skilled workers moving into the area and bringing cash to the stadium; that needs to change, and not only for this organization's sake. The Bills should also realize that the easiest way to attract supporters is to, oh, be successful and make the playoffs.

- The NFL should realize that this is a situation where it can easily make Canadians fans of an American team; on the other hand, every single Western New Yorker would curse the franchise forever were it to move to another city.

- Aside from recognizing that Buffalo is a true football (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21145.html#) town and that the Bills leaving would be a Browns-to-Baltimore-type public relations disaster, the important factor for the league is that fans in the area would be more likely to buy Los Angeles Clippers merchandise than shell out any money on tickets or merchandise for their former home squad. Sharing this team means gaining followers, while transferring it would lose many permanently.

-It may be possible at least for now to discount the utterly speculative prospect that the Bills will relocate north to Southern Ontario, but what remains is the sad thought that Ralph Wilson Stadium will only be used seven times next season, taking away a home game from fans who embrace the opportunity for revelry and community presented by their football club.

-Having one fewer tailgating session and chance to share a game's summits and depths a year with neighbors in an activity that genuinely bonds locals together is unfortunate.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
:(

Its such ****ing Bull****!
**** YOU NFL!
The league doesn't care about true fans.

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
but what remains is the sad thought that Ralph Wilson Stadium will only be used seven times next season, taking away a home game from fans who embrace the opportunity for revelry and community presented by their football club.

Unless the bills make the playoffs. :dance:

FlyingDutchman
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I just dont get how the Cardinals use to draw like 20,000 fans, if that, to home games, and they get a brand new, state of the art, multi-million dollar new stadium. We sell out almost every game with a crap product, yet the threat of taking our team away is always there. We support through good, and bad, and the more bad yet this crap always looms. WTF else can we do?

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I just dont get how the Cardinals use to draw like 20,000 fans, if that, to home games, and they get a brand new, state of the art, multi-million dollar new stadium. We sell out almost every game with a crap product, yet the threat of taking our team away is always there. We support through good, and bad, and the more bad yet this crap always looms. WTF else can we do?
We also have the cheapest tickets in the league in one of the poorest areas in the league, and we're one of the least marketable teams in sports.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
We also have the cheapest tickets in the league in one of the poorest areas in the league, and we're one of the least marketable teams in sports.
Thanks for proving my point. The league is not for true fans. It is a giant marketing machine. :puke:

It makes me sick.

If we lose the Bills I hope the league dies of Aids.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks for proving my point. The league is not for true fans. It is a giant marketing machine. :puke:

It makes me sick.

If we lose the Bills I hope the league dies of Aids.
It's a business first, that's common logic.

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
The NFL is too a league for true fans...

and by true fans i mean someone with lots of expendable income and nothing to do on sundays.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2008, 04:58 PM
It's a business first, that's common logic.
I know man but when is enough enough?

Soon there will only be teams in the biggest cities playing to crowds of people uninterested in the game and only there to be seen(like a lakers game)

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I know man but when is enough enough?

Soon there will only be teams in the biggest cities playing to crowds of people uninterested in the game and only there to be seen(like a lakers game)
After LA gets a team what big cities are left unless the NFL moves outside the USA?

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I think Florida needs another team.