X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Owen DeBoard
    • Sep 2007

Roger Godell to go in front of senate

I dont know if this has been posted yet but Roger Godell has to go in front of the senate to explain why the nfl destroyed evidence about spygate. Good thing this is being checked into since Godell just gave Bill Belicheck and the Patriots a slap on the wrist.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Roger Godell to go in front of senate

I can't wait to see this. I want to know why too.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Where did you see this though? Link?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

To me, this is simply another case of the misuse of government power.

What the Patriots did violated NFL rules, but did not rise to the level of a federal offense. Nor does this have anything to do with the NFL's exemption from federal anti-trust laws.

Congress would be better served by making the Bush tax cuts permanent, and providing support to our troops in Iran and Afganistan.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Where did you see this though? Link?
          I dont know how to do links but go to espn news and it says it under nfl.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            I can't wait to see this. I want to know why too.
            Basically, Senator Arlen Specter wants to know why Goodell had the Pats' spygate tapes and other evidence destroyed after assessing the NFL's penalties on them.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              To me, this is simply another case of the misuse of government power.

What the Patriots did violated NFL rules, but did not rise to the level of a federal offense. Nor does this have anything to do with the NFL's exemption from federal anti-trust laws.

Congress would be better served by making the Bush tax cuts permanent, and providing support to our troops in Iran and Afganistan.
              Yeah well if they get into the steriods in baseball I think they should get involved with spygate since they both are cheating.

Comment

• M
                • Aug 2006

Here's one link ...

Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                  Yeah well if they get into the steriods in baseball I think they should get involved with spygate since they both are cheating.
                  yeah but situations like this show why our country is going down the tubes... congress would rather waste time investigating video tape alligations instead of dealing with real issues like an uncoordinated 'war effort' or spiraling energy costs.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Not nearly the same. Steroid use is much more widely spread, illegal in society at large, and constitutes a real danger to those who take them, including impressionable young athletes.

Spygate is Belichick being an arrogant *****, for which he was quickly punished by Goodell.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      yeah but situations like this show why our country is going down the tubes... congress would rather waste time investigating video tape alligations instead of dealing with real issues like an uncoordinated 'war effort' or spiraling energy costs.
                      Yeah I agree with you but instead of hearing about Roger Clemens where there is no proof that he did steroids and that was all the media wanted to talk about, they can turn to spygate which there is proof that they cheated and the nfl tried to cover it up.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        Exactly. You would think that the economy, the war, the energy situation, health care and several other key issues just might take priority over an internal NFL matter.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Exactly. You would think that the economy, the war, the energy situation, health care and several other key issues just might take priority over an internal NFL matter.
                          Why would they when you have a president and vice president in office that are making major $. I didnt vote for Bush the first term and sure as hell didnt vote for him the second term. We have nobody but our selves to blame for the shape the economy is in because we let him get elected again. Im getting way off the topic now.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Yeah I agree with you but instead of hearing about Roger Clemens where there is no proof that he did steroids and that was all the media wanted to talk about, they can turn to spygate which there is proof that they cheated and the nfl tried to cover it up.
                            I agree with you on Clemens. That moron Mitchell never should have released names in his public report, particularly when there were only allegations and no hard facts (like a failed drug test.)

I don't agree, though, that the NFL tried to cover up spygate. Belichick and the Pats were punished swiftly and publicly.

Regardless, it's still an NFL matter, not a societal matter like steroids.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Why would they when you have a president and vice president in office that are making major $. I didnt vote for Bush the first term and sure as hell didnt vote for him the second term. We have nobody but our selves to blame for the shape the economy is in because we let him get elected again. Im getting way off the topic now.
                              Yes you are. And you're talking to a staunch, conservative Republican. But I respect your viewpoint and your right to vote - even for a Democrat.

Comment

Working...
                              X