PDA

View Full Version : The Feeling in Boston right now...

The King
02-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I have been hearing it all day from Pats fans... they think NE is gonna mop the floor with the Giants. They think Plaxico is an arrogant douche and more importantly in general they are still the most ignorant fan base.

I certainly dont sit here all day and say go GIANTS it would just make life far more complicated... but I say things like I hope its going to be close I dont want to see a blow out etc... I will post their boneheaded remarks here as the day goes on.

The King
02-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Moss is gonna knock Plaxico on his ass.

hydro
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
How bad will you let them have it if the Giants pull off a win somehow?

The King
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I wont... Ill snicker inside.

A few people know I am a Bills fan. But you really cant go talking trash to Pats fans because they have owned everybody this decade. If I talk trash it'll just comeback to bite me in the ass. While I will be actively rooting for the GIANTS Sunday... talking trash is like juggling a hand grenade.

Whether its the Yankees on here on the Pats here... talking trash just aint my game.

don137
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Talk about being hypocritical. They call Paxico arrogant yet they say how they are going to mop the Giants floor. This is exactly why they deserve to lose. They are the most stuck up, arrogant, head in the cloud fan base in any professional sport.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
At least the people in Boston are real Patriot fans, it's the people who became fans six years ago that drive me nuts.

The King
02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I think Bradys comments were just as arrogant as Plax's

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I think Bradys comments were just as arrogant as Plax's
Yeah, but Brady's rings allow him to be as cocky and arrogant as he wants. Plax has nothing to brag about.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm surprised the Pats don't tell themselves that they're so disrespected and mad at the world.

Goobylal
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but Brady's rings allow him to be as cocky and arrogant as he wants. Plax has nothing to brag about.
After it was discovered that the Patriots have been cheating, neither does Brady. That is, any more than Marion Jones did.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
After it was discovered that the Patriots have been cheating, neither does Brady. That is, any more than Marion Jones did.
Shut up with the cheating bull****. Quit with the blind hatred, there's not a team out there not doing something similar.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
The Patriots are going to kill the Giants though Bedard... :ill:

Luisito23
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
No offense, but I could care less about the feeling in Boston right now.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Voltron
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
The Patriots are going to kill the Giants though Bedard... :ill:
Yeah ... That is why this is going to suck even more, it will only feed their egos :sigh:

hydro
02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
No offense, but I could care less about the feeling in Boston right now.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!
GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Do you serious copy and paste this into most of your posts? Why not just put it in your signature?

Voltron
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by GuyinPatsLeatherJacket
Moss is gonna knock Plaxico on his ass.

GuyinPatsLeatherJacket, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Shut up with the cheating bull****. Quit with the blind hatred, there's not a team out there not doing something similar.

This is the reasoning that pisses me off. I live in Western Mass working construciton and do so proudly wearing my Buffalo Bills hard hat. Trust me, i get loads of crap for it every single day. And whenever i bring up that the pats got caught cheating, the only response an average pats fan will come up with is "Well, Everybody does it."

Everyone does not do it. 1 Team does it. The pats got caught cheating, they got punished in the way of 1 million dollars in fines and the loss of their first round pick. Now, last I checked we still got OUR first round draft pick. So is it not reasonable to deduce that the buffalo bills do not cheat as the Patriots do?

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah ... That is why this is going to suck even more, it will only feed their egos :sigh:
**** em.

The only possible thing to make it better is to keep the team and the Bills win it all some day.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
This is the reasoning that pisses me off. I live in Western Mass working construciton and do so proudly wearing my Buffalo Bills hard hat. Trust me, i get loads of crap for it every single day. And whenever i bring up that the pats got caught cheating, the only response an average pats fan will come up with is "Well, Everybody does it."

Everyone does not do it. 1 Team does it. The pats got caught cheating, they got punished in the way of 1 million dollars in fines and the loss of their first round pick. Now, last I checked we still got OUR first round draft pick. So is it not reasonable to deduce that the buffalo bills do not cheat as the Patriots do?
We just haven't been caught yet, all teams cheat in some form or fashion. Just get over it, we could cheat all day long and they would still be better than us and everyone else.

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
And while we are on the subject, how does a coach that gets fined $500,000 for CHEATING!!!!, the league maximum and the biggest fine EVER on a coach still win "Coach of the Year" honors.

Does no one else have a problem with this?

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
And while we are on the subject, how does a coach that gets fined $500,000 for CHEATING!!!!, the league maximum and the biggest fine EVER on a coach still win "Coach of the Year" honors.

Does no one else have a problem with this?
Do you listen to Sirius Venis?

Voltron
02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Do you listen to Sirius Venis?
I try to but Randy Cross and Adam Shine are so full of themselves I can barely listen to it for more than 5 to 10 min at a time.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I try to but Randy Cross and Adam Shine are so full of themselves I can barely listen to it for more than 5 to 10 min at a time.
Well Shannon Sharpe was on earlier in the week (I want to say it was Monday) and he said that he knows first hand that every team does it in one way or another.

mybills
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
At least the people in Boston are real Patriot fans, it's the people who became fans six years ago that drive me nuts.
:rofl: Most of the real ones are dead.

mybills
02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
We just haven't been caught yet, all teams cheat in some form or fashion. Just get over it, we could cheat all day long and they would still be better than us and everyone else.

Pure arrogance emits from this post!
Are you sure you're not a Pats fan?
All teams may do some form of cheating, but they used the same damned camera man every time. Who does that chit? Arrogant asses, that's who! And the reason they're "better" is because the damned ref's are in their pockets. Why else (also considered cheating) does Moss never get called for offensive pass interference when he pushes off the cb to get a td??? And screw the video tapes, what ever happened to the audio tapes the NFL had that mysteriously disappeared. Is Goodell for real? There are so many unanswered ***** questions, that unless you know all of the answers first hand, stop ***** telling us Bills fan to "GET OVER IT!"

THANKS!

:cynic:

venis2k1
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I wouldnt say its all the refs. To be fair, i watched Brady go 26-28 a few weeks ago, and im pretty sure i saw 2 dropped passes in that game. The pats are a very good team, cant take that away from them. But the fact is that they are cheaters, Bill Belickeck stole another mans wife, and Randy Moss beats women.

mybills
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I wouldnt say its all the refs.
I'm not saying it's all the refs either, but they wouldn't be "better than everyone" if they got called on the tons of penalties they didn't get called on. They'd have 10 or 11 reg season wins which is more believable, is all.

gr8slayer
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Pure arrogance emits from this post!
Are you sure you're not a Pats fan?
All teams may do some form of cheating, but they used the same damned camera man every time. Who does that chit? Arrogant asses, that's who! And the reason they're "better" is because the damned ref's are in their pockets. Why else (also considered cheating) does Moss never get called for offensive pass interference when he pushes off the cb to get a td??? And screw the video tapes, what ever happened to the audio tapes the NFL had that mysteriously disappeared. Is Goodell for real? There are so many unanswered ***** questions, that unless you know all of the answers first hand, stop ***** telling us Bills fan to "GET OVER IT!"

THANKS!

:cynic:
You sound like a whiny *****. Cheating is cheating no matter how you swing it. This is that inferiority complex that seems to glow from some of you. They are just better than we are, cheating or not, get over it.

Voltron
02-02-2008, 01:00 AM
You sound like a whiny *****. Cheating is cheating no matter how you swing it. This is that inferiority complex that seems to glow from some of you. They are just better than we are, cheating or not, get over it.
The fact that they have an owner who knows what he is doing and spends money on a little position called General Manager, and that he spends money to get top talent still does not excuse the fact that they were CAUGHT cheating. Two wrongs don't make a right!!!

But 3 lefts will :up:

mybills
02-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Get over yourself, gr8.
I don't even care about the camera man cheating crap...why do you keep avoiding the players cheating issues? The dirty cheap shots, the fines, etc, all don't seem to bother you at all. Guess what...it bother some of us, so again...stfu with the "Get over it" crap!

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Get over yourself, gr8.
I don't even care about the camera man cheating crap...why do you keep avoiding the players cheating issues? The dirty cheap shots, the fines, etc, all don't seem to bother you at all. Guess what...it bother some of us, so again...stfu with the "Get over it" crap!
When the hell have I avoided or denied that it goes on? I've happily admitted that I do it myself and that I wish we had someone like that on our team. If it bothers you that much quit watching football, that's just part of the game. I see A-Rod taking cheap shots at people in baseball, I see hockey players taking cheap shots at people, soccer players kick each other in the nuts on purpose, it's part of sports; I don't know what candy land you're living in but come back to reality and get over it.

mybills
02-02-2008, 08:27 AM
and get over it.
This is the only thing bothering me, and you keep ***** saying it. Are you trying to annoy me, or does it just come naturally?

And NO, I WON'T GET OVER "IT"!
WHY?
BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO! :up: :dance:
NONE of us do! :bandwagon

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 08:29 AM
This is the only thing bothering me, and you keep ***** saying it. Are you trying to annoy me, or does it just come naturally?

And NO, I WON'T GET OVER "IT"!
WHY?
BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO! :up: :dance:
NONE of us do! :bandwagon
Now I'm just doing it to piss you off. I'm shocked that you're taking the issue to heart so much because it happens in every sport all the time whether you see it or not.

shelby
02-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Fight nice, kids.

DynaPaul
02-02-2008, 02:22 PM
If a team wins the Super Bowl and no one is watching. Does it matter?

LifetimeBillsFan
02-03-2008, 03:40 AM
The fact that they have an owner who knows what he is doing and spends money on a little position called General Manager, and that he spends money to get top talent still does not excuse the fact that they were CAUGHT cheating. Two wrongs don't make a right!!!

But 3 lefts will :up:

Oh, really? Do you realize that the New England Patriots do not have a General Manager?

Uuuuhhh.... Yeah, that's right.

Scott Pioli is not now, nor has he ever been the General Manager of the New England Patriots. (Neither is Bill Belichick.)

Here's a portion of Pioli's biography from Wikipedia (which is the same as his official Patriots' bio):

Professional executive career:

In 1992 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_in_sports), Pioli was hired as a pro personnel assistant by now-Patriots coach Bill Belichick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick), then the head coach of the Cleveland Browns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns). Even without prior NFL scouting experience, Belichick put Pioli in charge of evaluating college players and handling some player contracts.

When Belichick was fired following the Browns' move to Baltimore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens) in 1996 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_in_sports), Pioli stayed with the Ravens and was promoted to director of pro personnel.

A year later, in 1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_sports), Pioli rejoined Belichick, who had followed Bill Parcells (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Parcells) as an assistant coach to the New York Jets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets). Again the director of pro personnel, Pioli's moves helped the Jets to a franchise-high 12 wins and their first AFC East (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_East) title in 20 years.

When Belichick accepted the Patriots' head coaching position in 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_New_England_Patriots_season), Pioli again followed Belichick as the Patriots' assistant director of player personnel. In their seven seasons with the Patriots, Pioli and Belichick have led the team to three Super Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl) championships and five division titles. In his tenure with the Patriots, Pioli has earned promotions to Director of Player Personnel and Vice President of Player Personnel in 2000 and 2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_New_England_Patriots_season), respectively, as well as a contract extension in 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_New_England_Patriots_season).
(URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pioli )

If you note the highlighted portions, Belichick gave Pioli his start as a personnel man despite the fact that he had NO prior scouting experience.

Pioli joined the Pats as assistant director of player personnel and was promoted internally, twice, until he was given his current position of Vice President of Player Personnel, not General Manager.

Now, without commenting on the abilities of the people holding the positions--which have yet to be proven from the Bills standpoint--it would appear that, in deciding not to go with a General Manager, Ralph Wilson is structuring the Bills front office in the way similar to the way that the Patriots front office has been structured for some time now.

If you want to all Wilson a "copy-cat" for doing that, fine. But, to say that an owner is cheap or a team can't win by going without a GM simmply has been disproven by the New England Patriots franchise and the success that it has achieved in recent years.

IMHO it isn't the way that the front office is structured or what titles people have, it comes down to the people making the decisions, how well they work together, whether they have a clear cut direction that they are all working together towards, and, finally, the decisions that they make in taking the team in that direction.

Belichick and Pioli work well together, they have mapped out a clear cut direction in terms of what they are doing with the Pats and how they are going to go about doing it, and their success proves that they have made good decisions in taking their team in that direction.

IMHO the jury is still out on whether the team that Ralph Wilson has assembled in the Bills front office is capable of achieving the kind of success that the Pats have enjoyed. Ostensibly, Marv Levy was brought in to give the Bills front office a direction and get Brandon, Overdorf, Modrak, Guy and Jauron working together to get the team going in that direction. And, so far, the team has had some modest success in getting things pointed in the right direction on the field.

But, the team has yet to prove that it can sustain that without Levy or that they can consistently make the kinds of good decisions necessary to make the team successful enough to compete with a team like the Pats on the field. That remains to be seen. They've gotten the team to bounce back from the disastrous condition that it was in at the end of the 2008 season, but that is not enough. Now they must show that they can take the team to the next level...and then the level where they will truly be able to compete with the Patriots. And, until they show whether or not they will be able to do that, the jury will still be out on whether these are the right people to take the team to that level.

But, it's not the structure or the labels on the positions that matter, it's the people that matter. And, sometimes it's someone who starts out not knowing a whole lot or being well-known, who gets promoted from within or gets a job because he knows or is friends with someone, who ends up being one of the best people in the business--and, Scott Pioli is proof of this. As was Bill Polian before him.

lordofgun
02-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Assuming the Pats win, I'm going to put a big CHEATRIOTS sign in the back window of my car tomorrow.

mybills
02-03-2008, 07:31 AM
If anyone has sticker paper in their printer...here ya go!

lordofgun
02-03-2008, 07:40 AM
If anyone has sticker paper in their printer...here ya go!
I'm going to hand those out at the Super Bowl party tonight and see how long it takes the retahded Pats fans to notice. :D

mybills
02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
let me know! :snicker:

colin
02-03-2008, 09:29 AM
mybills,

i don't know you from adam but i feel exactly like you do.

imo where there is smoke, and then more smoke, and then still some more smoke, there might be fire.

goddel destroying the tapes, the new allegations, the calls, the adjustments, the nature of the pats all point to more and more dirty play.

as far as i'm concerned if they think they can get away with it there is nothing the pats wouldn't do to get an advantage, and i don't know that goddell really wants the pats to get caught (dunno if he's trying to protect an interest, or on the take, or what).

mybills
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
:hi5: Colin

I'm going to have a tee shirt made with this. Maybe even a sweatshirt! I live in the perfect place to wear it! :up:
:idea: Maybe I'll make several, and sell them!

mybills
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey log, how long did it take for the dumbasses to realize it?

:roflmao:!!!!

LtFinFan66
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Tomorrow should be easier for you. Just be careful for jumpers and those hanging from nooses around town:up:

Michael82
02-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Tomorrow should be easier for you. Just be careful for jumpers and those hanging from nooses around town:up:
Your giving the fans too much credit. I bet you won't even see any Patriots stuff around Boston tomorrow. They will all have their Red Sox gear on and won't even talk about the Patriots anymore. Afterall, we all know that if the Patriots didn't get hot and cheat to win the Super Bowls....then the fans would have only stuck to the Boston Red Sox and not even bothered with the Patriots. :yawn: