AM I the Only One Getting Sick Of The Everett Story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

AM I the Only One Getting Sick Of The Everett Story?

It isn't that I don't like the guy and I am happy that he is walking, but this is getting out of hand.

It has gone from a touching story to a commercialized mess. I mean Oprah, the Superbowl, special interviews. He is everywhere!

Maybe I am just in a bad mood.
  • ct bills fan
    • Jul 2002

Re: AM I the Only One Getting Sick Of The Everett Story?

the one thing I find weird is Kevin didn't want to go on the field before the Dallas game 'cuz he didn't want the attention. Now he's appearing everywhere - promoting the book.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I'm happy that he's fine and it's a good story but I'm getting tired of hearing about it too.

Comment

• shaunm000
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ct bills fan
        the one thing I find weird is Kevin didn't want to go on the field before the Dallas game 'cuz he didn't want the attention. Now he's appearing everywhere - promoting the book.
        Well im sure proceeds of the book go towards providing an income for he and his family. He wasnt a superstar and im sure he wasnt getting paid a whole lot.

Good for him. Being a U fan, i hope he comes out well off after all this!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shaunm000
          Well im sure proceeds of the book go towards providing an income for he and his family. He wasnt a superstar and im sure he wasnt getting paid a whole lot.

Good for him. Being a U fan, i hope he comes out well off after all this!
          That my friend is why you must graduate from college if you plan on playing in the pros cause it can be over in a second.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            That my friend is why you must graduate from college if you plan on playing in the pros cause it can be over in a second.
            Too bad graduating from "the U" still isn't a real education.

BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Kevin is a Buffalo Bill and he got hurt trying to help our team succeed. Anything that makes his life easier now that his football career is over is a blessing. I like hearing things about him and how much of a class act he is and how he represents the Bills when he is out.

A family man and a Bill have fallen and risen, God Bless.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Hes a likable kid, a great story now that hes doing ok. He ought to take that money he makes from the book and go back to school with it, he came out early if i remember correctly.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Am I the only one who feels it was his own fault? He lowered his head just before he made the tackle? Don't they teach you in Pee Wee football to see what you tackle?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                    Am I the only one who feels it was his own fault? He lowered his head just before he made the tackle? Don't they teach you in Pee Wee football to see what you tackle?
                    They teach you that at every level but it happens.

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

I am not sick of it at all. It is the only positive news about the Bills that we have had in years! I especially think the emergency personnel and the trainers deserve every bit of press they get! The reason this is so big is not because of the League PR office but because this is a MAJOR step forward in spinal injuries! The story is a good one, the life lesson it teaches about overcoming adversity is good, and the fact that he can help to bring spinal injuries more press is good. Since Christopher Reeves has died the cause had lost a lot of press.
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                        The Dallas game? He couldn't even raise his arm at that time. Wasn't that like 28 days later?

Did you happen to see the Patriots game? He "appeared" and the Bills got whooped. Maybe he felt he could be a distraction, and he didn't want to take the risk.

It is the offseason now. I'm all for KE making his life a little easier and selling some books.

Just because I don't get tears in my eyes anymore, doesn't mean I'm sick of hearing about his improvements. Heck, I seen him throw a football today.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Its an inspirational story. Near death, to near recovery. I live in Rochester, and the J Mac story (kid with slight autism who scored a lot of points in last 4 mins of a basketball game) was made a much bigger story. The kid met the freakin president. We just hear so much more about it living in WNY.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

With the news being 90% doom and gloom (murders, rapes, fires, horrible politicians), why complain about a positive story?
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Hell no.

His story transcends the NFL and the Bills, and the national attention he and others are getting only supports that.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X