X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

I took a Sabres fan advice....

And got tickets to the Detroit vs. Dallas game. They told me that if I wanted to see real hockey I should see the Red Wings play. What players should I be looking for? And does anyone care about pictures?
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: I took a Sabres fan advice....

and just because you kick in ass in the regular season doesn't mean it's going to translate into the playoffs.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
      and just because you kick in ass in the regular season doesn't mean it's going to translate into the playoffs.
      Oh, do they have Chargersitus?

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Well Defenseman Chris Chelios who once was a great player. They also have our old net minder Dominik Hasek who was a big time fan favorite, and was once a superb player. I guess Holmstrom is supposed to be good also but other than that I dunno.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

Henrik Zetterberg is one of the best players in the game. He is just coming off an injury but should still be fun to watch. Hasek is still golden at 40+ as is their other goaltender, Osgood. They choke in the playoffs, its quite hilarious.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Niklas Lidstrom is probably the best defensemen in the league and has been for years, he's #5. Pavel Datsyuk is one hell of a playmaker as well, #13.

Really, the Wings are pretty loaded, keep an eye on these guys, Zetterburg (who, when healthy is an elite forward), D-Man Brian Rafalski (#28), and Forward Thomas Holmstrom (#96) as well.

The Red Wings have always been my favorite team after the Sabres, but they definitely can be big time choke artists in the playoffs. Though they do have a couple of cups at least.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
              Niklas Lidstrom is probably the best defensemen in the league and has been for years, he's #5. Pavel Datsyuk is one hell of a playmaker as well, #13.

Really, the Wings are pretty loaded, keep an eye on these guys, Zetterburg (who, when healthy is an elite forward), D-Man Brian Rafalski (#28), and Forward Thomas Holmstrom (#96) as well.

The Red Wings have always been my favorite team after the Sabres, but they definitely can be big time choke artists in the playoffs. Though they do have a couple of cups at least.
              Odd, when I say that the Cowboys have always been my favorite team after the Bills I get shot at

Thanks for all the great info so far guys.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Odd, when I say that the Cowboys have always been my favorite team after the Bills I get shot at

Thanks for all the great info so far guys.
                This is a Sabres message board, do you see me talking about Detroit at every turn around here???

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

The Red Wings are loaded with talent and character. They are much better than Dallas and always seem to find a way to be at the top of the league.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    This is a Sabres message board, do you see me talking about Detroit at every turn around here???
                    You really are the model human being, someday I want to be just like you. Show me the ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X