PDA

View Full Version : Can we please make a trade before it's too late?

Nighthawk
02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Uggh, another loss to a team that we need to jump over. This team is in desperate need of an infusion of new blood and the clock is ticking. What the hell does that FO do on a daily basis...play solitaire on their office computers?

Philagape
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/garage_sale.jpg

Nighthawk
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Nice...

Nighthawk
02-01-2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/garage_sale.jpg

The first person out the door should be that delicate butterfly...Tim Connolly. This guy is the perfect example of a soft player.

BlackMetalNinja
02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
It sucks to lose games like this... we had at least 4 shots hit the post in the first 2 periods, and we couldn't get much going in the first. We have to find a way to win games like this if we want any chance at all of turning things around.

Nighthawk
02-01-2008, 09:39 PM
It sucks to lose games like this... we had at least 4 shots hit the post in the first 2 periods, and we couldn't get much going in the first. We have to find a way to win games like this if we want any chance at all of turning things around.

I agree. However, this bunch of guys just doesn't seem capable of doing it. They win a few and they let one or two slip away...no killer instinct and it is going to cost them.

Dr. Lecter
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
5 out of 6 points on the end of the road swing.

Jesus Christ.

bigbub2352
02-01-2008, 10:22 PM
i couldnt agree more about Connolly, and they should trade Kahlinin right ****ing now, he finally did something maybe we can fool someone cause he is on a hot streak.. i wouldnt mind seeing someone hungary out there, somebody needs to start playin like they got something to prove

OpIv37
02-02-2008, 12:39 AM
5 out of 6 points on the end of the road swing.

Jesus Christ.

yeah, 5 of 6 on a road swing is good.

BUT....

we lost 10 straight and we were playing another one of the teams that's likely to be competing for the last playoff spot. This was a winnable game that we lost, and this team has already used up their quota of those. We're running out of second chances.

Nighthawk
02-02-2008, 07:04 AM

BUT....

we lost 10 straight and we were playing another one of the teams that's likely to be competing for the last playoff spot. This was a winnable game that we lost, and this team has already used up their quota of those. We're running out of second chances.

Right on again, OP. There have been too many of these games this season where we've let them slip away. No positives ever come from such losses.

Dr. Lecter
02-02-2008, 08:46 AM
They are near the end of a 7 game road trip (14 possible points). One game left. They already have 7 points.

Getting half of the points on a road trip is fine, eevn in the conditionthey are in. The real test is Feburary when they have 10 home games (4 road games).

BTW, 10 consecutive games without a win. Splitting hairs perhaps, but there is a difference in the NHL.

PS: 14 games in one month?????

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Isn't Campbell being traded? Surely you'll get something worth a crap in return for him

BlackMetalNinja
02-02-2008, 09:25 AM

BUT....

I have to agree in this situation. That's definitely good for a road trip... problem is we have to be great, home or away to get back in the mix. I know we're still close to the cutoff for the playoffs, but losing a point to ATL who we were tied with won't benefit us in the least.