PDA

View Full Version : 8 home games this year....

Michael82
02-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Our season ticket price better go down! We are losing one pre-season game and a regular season home game. The season ticket price doesn't include either of those games. It better be lower this year or else. :mad:

Mitchy moo
02-02-2008, 08:28 AM
It might be going up w/ the Toronto game. :candle:

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Why? You already pay next to nothing compared to the rest of the league. I'm so tired of people talking about what big fans they are and how they don't want to see the Bills go but you ***** when you have to pay for things like the rest of the league does. I could go to four Bills games for what I pay to go to one Cowboys game.

Bone
02-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Why? You already pay next to nothing compared to the rest of the league. I'm so tired of people talking about what big fans they are and how they don't want to see the Bills go but you ***** when you have to pay for things like the rest of the league does. I could go to four Bills games for what I pay to go to one Cowboys game.

Thank you for saying that sir.:respect:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2008, 08:56 AM

That really makes no sense. You could buy five houses in Buffalo that would cost the same as one in Dallas. What is wrong with people wanting cheaper prices?

DMBcrew36
02-02-2008, 08:57 AM

I don't think you can compare us to Dallas. People make a lot more money in Dallas.

It's the same thing with NYC. Cost of living there is more expensive, but people also are paid a lot more.

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 08:59 AM
That really makes no sense. You could buy five houses in Buffalo that would cost the same as one in Dallas. What is wrong with people wanting cheaper prices?
Don't complain when the team is gone then.

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 09:00 AM
People make a lot more money in Dallas.

It's the same thing with NYC. Cost of living there is more expensive, but people also are paid a lot more.

You can't compare Buffalo to other NFL cities.
Now I'm confused, Thurm said that the economy in Buffalo was up to par with the economy in Dallas and that the cost of living was cheap. Make you up your minds people!

Wys Guy
02-02-2008, 09:01 AM

It always cracks me up when people gripe about prices but don't gripe about the crap that they get for it whether it's $20 or $250.

Wys Guy
02-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Now I'm confused, Thurm said that the economy in Buffalo was up to par with the economy in Dallas and that the cost of living was cheap. Make you up your minds people!

Minds?

DMBcrew36
02-02-2008, 09:04 AM

Oh helllllllllll no. Buffalo's economy is crap. The population has been cut in half in the last 40 years. We don't have nearly enough big corporations to even buy boxes to get us a new stadium. If our economy wasn't crap, our team wouldn't be going to Toronto to get money and support to survive.

I'm sure average salaries in Buffalo are probably nowhere near those in Dallas, and that should be obvious to everyone.

That said, though, I think we could stand for a bump in Bills ticket prices. But not if the team isn't willing to open up the bank for players and good staff/coaches. Fans won't stand for bumped ticket prices if this team is going to continue to be mediochre/crap. Even for Bills fans, 8 years is a long time to be paying for a ****ty ****ty product. We will pay, but they need to make a serious continual effort for improvement and get this team contending.

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Oh helllllllllll no. Buffalo's economy is crap. The population has been cut in half in the last 40 years. We don't have nearly enough big corporations to even buy boxes to get us a new stadium. If our economy wasn't crap, our team wouldn't be going to Toronto to get money and support to survive.

I'm sure average salaries in Buffalo are probably nowhere near those in Dallas, and that should be obvious to everyone.

That said, though, I think we could stand for a bump in Bills ticket prices. But not if the team isn't willing to open up the bank for players and good staff/coaches. Fans won't stand for bumped ticket prices if this team is going to continue to be mediochre/crap.
The whole situation just stinks....

DMBcrew36
02-02-2008, 09:14 AM
The whole situation just stinks....

Well it starts with local government. Erie County has been completely mismanaged. The county is just now pulling out of bankruptcy. It seems that nobody can agree on anything, whether it be a new Peace Bridge or anything else. So nothing ever gets done.

Nobody has a vision for the city to bring in new money and business. If you ask me, the solution starts with tax breaks for corporations and businesses. When corporations are making millions, a .01% difference in taxes is thousands of dollars. The more favorable conditions created for businesses, the more jobs that are created and more profits that can be generated for the area. The waterfront needs to be cleaned up and developed intelligently. But unfortunately, it seems like it's way too much to ask from a bunch of politicans with their thumbs up their asses. They don't care, as long as they get theirs.

gr8slayer
02-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Well it starts with local government. Erie County has been completely mismanaged. The county is just now pulling out of bankruptcy. It seems that nobody can agree on anything, whether it be a new Peace Bridge or anything else. So nothing ever gets done.

Nobody has a vision for the city to bring in new money and business. If you ask me, the solution starts with tax breaks for corporations and businesses. When corporations are making millions, a .01% difference in taxes is thousands of dollars. The more favorable conditions created for businesses, the more jobs that are created and more profits that can be generated for the area. The waterfront needs to be cleaned up and developed intelligently. But unfortunately, it seems like it's way too much to ask from a bunch of politicans with their thumbs up their asses. They don't care, as long as they get theirs.
Yeah, corruption in the ranks can bring a good thing to it's knees quick. I obviously don't have a solution for the city but for the Bills if raising prices means being more competitive then do it. I'm not talking about $150 a ticket, maybe $50.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Don't complain when the team is gone then.

I just don't understand what the hell you are talking about. So the team loses two home games, people want tickets cheaper because they are only paying for eight home games as opposed to ten and we can't complain if the team leaves? Am I the one that doesn't get this?

Last year I paid $270.00 for 10 home games. That obviously came out to $27 a game.

If there are only 8 games at the Ralph next year, shouldn't I expect to pay $216 unless there is a little increase in ticket prices? And if I expect to pay that I can't complain if the team moves?

PromoTheRobot
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Funny how people answer their own arguments. They are pissed that the Bills are playing in Toronto but admit Buffalo can't support the team, even with the cheapest ticket in the league.

PTR

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Funny how people answer their own arguments. They are pissed that the Bills are playing in Toronto but admit Buffalo can't support the team, even with the cheapest ticket in the league.

PTR

I think I need to bail out of this thread, I just don't think anyone is making any sense here. Maybe it is me, but HUH?

Stoneludlow
02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
It will probably be a game at the end of regular season, when the weather is cold, bitter, and the game in T-town would be in the dome setting there.
Preseason will be every other year and this is only a 5, not for infinity, yr deal.
If it could work for the Packers in the 70's & 80's, when they played some of their games in Milwaukee, that was a regional sharing.
If it means the Bills HOME is still Buffalo then let's share the team for the length of the deal and show the league that we are TRUE and Not fair weather fans like a lot of the teams have in the League.

Michael82
02-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I'd be fine with the ticket prices going up again, they are cheap. But not when they are already taking 2, yeah that's right...TWO home games away from us. :fit:

Michael82
02-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I just don't understand what the hell you are talking about. So the team loses two home games, people want tickets cheaper because they are only paying for eight home games as opposed to ten and we can't complain if the team leaves? Am I the one that doesn't get this?

Last year I paid $270.00 for 10 home games. That obviously came out to $27 a game.

If there are only 8 games at the Ralph next year, shouldn't I expect to pay $216 unless there is a little increase in ticket prices? And if I expect to pay that I can't complain if the team moves?
Good post! :bf1:

Ebenezer
02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I'd be fine with the ticket prices going up again, they are cheap. But not when they are already taking 2, yeah that's right...TWO home games away from us. :fit:
I got news for you...they can have three...give them both preseason games...less money out of my pocket...

and ticket prices will go up Mikey...why do you even question or complain about that? will it make you stop buying your season tick?