X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UltimateBillsFan
    • Oct 2007

Kevin Everett

Yes,the Bills had yet another dissapointing 7-9 season. Yes, there was a QB controversy all season. Yes, we were plagued with injuries all season long. The worst injury as you all know came in week one when Kevin Everett lay motionless on the field. The story of his amazing comeback brings goosebumps to me everytime I see it on TV. I will never forget seeing Everett on the JumboTron before the Sunday Night game against New England. That also gave me goosebumps. If you did not get the chance to read the SI with Everett on the cover, buy it now (they are still selling them at many WNY stores) or read the article online http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...217/index.html. This article cannot be missed and it shows what a miracle has touched Bills Nation throughout the season. Also, Everett made an apperance on Oprah and had a one-hour Sports Center special episode aired about him last night on ESPN2. The story of Kevin Everett really is something I will never forget and should never be forgotten. Everett's book "Standing Tall" has been released and should be a great memento of this amazing story. Buy this book for Kevin and to show future generations to never give up. This debilitating injury really puts everything in perspective. Life is more than football, much more. Yeah you could say this NFL season was tainted by Spygate and a dissapointing season for the Bills, but don't forget about Kevin Everett. He is a guy that we all should look up to.

"You've got to be strong. Plain and simple. If you get knocked down, you've got to get back up." --Kevin Everett
Working...
X