PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask a dumb question?

X-Era
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Why in the hell would the Boston Herald break the SB scandal with the Pats? Dont they stand to have most of Boston hate them and not buy their paper?

I will tell you right now that the Pats are in SERIOUS sh-t. I would be suprised if they lose yet another pick and Beli is out for a year.

Matt Walsh could be the Bills greatest ally.

SCREW THE PATS!

Confused
02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
there lips must be sore from all that suckin?

mybills
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Why in the hell would the Boston Herald break the SB scandal with the Pats?
Don't you see the answer in your question? :shortbus: !!!! :snicker:

hydro
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Jeremy White on WGR said he thinks BB did this on purpose to rile up the team.

Jayhawk
02-03-2008, 04:05 PM
that's making BB sound smart. and we know he's not, he's just arogent

Oldbillsfan
02-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Why in the hell would the Boston Herald break the SB scandal with the Pats? Dont they stand to have most of Boston hate them and not buy their paper?

I will tell you right now that the Pats are in SERIOUS sh-t. I would be suprised if they lose yet another pick and Beli is out for a year.

SCREW THE PATS!

Dude get real, it is a well timed "broken story" on a boring SB week made to call the Pats cheaters and motivate them to crush the Giants.

Typ0
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM

SCREW THE PATS!

you really need to look at the role and culture of the media to answer this question. They are doing their jobs.

bflojohn
02-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I applaud them for the editorial decision, flying in the face of ALL of New Englands' fans the week of the Super Bowl. They are, first and foremost, a news gathering organization, and as such, are obligated to provide the good, bad, and ugly that New England and the World can and does provide! The other angle is what if this type of scandal was happening right under there collective noses and all they did was ignore it? The accusations they would have faced nationally would have been immense. They would have been derided unmercilessly by other editors throughout. Maybe it isn't all that suprising after all, huh?!?!

Michael82
02-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Dude get real, it is a well timed "broken story" on a boring SB week made to call the Pats cheaters and motivate them to crush the Giants.
but it seemed to work against them. The team looked like **** coming out of the gate, especially Brady and the offense. :snicker:

Oldbillsfan
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
All good points. I will need to reconsider my opinion now that I sobered up...lol

mybills
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Brady: "I have whiplash!" WAAAAHHHH :baby:

mybills: then don't SUCK so hard! MUAHAAHAAHAAAHAAA!!!!!!!!!:evil:

BSXIII
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I live in the Boston area and think I can give a pretty good anwer. There are two major newspapers around here, the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald.

The Globe always read more like journal with heavy vocabulary and longer, articles. The Herald was more of a cliff notes version of the news, short and to the point. Both were successful, but the Herald was second to the Globe, and apparently thought there was an untapped market in the Tabloid crowd. And for the past 3-5 years, they have become a tabloid. The headlines always focus on some controversy and are printed in a huge font that you can read from 200 feet away.

They now focus strictly on shock value, and will print whatever is shocking in order to sell papers, regardless of who the articles are against. In their opinion the bigger the controversey, the higher the sales.