PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl snacks

honey
01-31-2006, 09:21 AM
What do you all make for your Super Bowl parties? Dips, wings, meat & cheese tray, what? :idunno:

I'd love to try out some new recipes this year if you have something good. :smile:

mybills
01-31-2006, 10:31 AM
I've never hosted a S.B. party. I may go to the old watering hole for the steak buffet this year.

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 02:20 PM
hmmm, let me think...

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
make quessadillas - but chop up some onions and cilantro and sprinkle them over the cheese before you nuke it to melt it...

Also, if you have a gas stove, burn the tortillas over the stove a little (slightly burned flour tortillas are the best) before you throw it into the microwave to melt the cheese (use like a mozzarella/cheddar blend) - just make sure you let the tortillas cool before you throw them in the microwave - they can bubble up and cause the cheese to leak out and make a mess. - use either one tortilla folded in half with the cheese, onions and cilantro inbetween, or use two tortillas and make a 'mexican pizza'. maybe serve it with a hot green chile salsa (red salsa doesn't go good with it in my opinion).

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.lavictoria.com/grn%20taco%20sce.htm

something like this - the hotter the better.

tat2dmike77
01-31-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm a loser and i don't goto super bowl parties. I usually stay home and flip through the channels eventually ending up right where i started. I don't really watch the big game unless it's interesting or doesn't have the pats in it. So i might watch it this year.

I'm sure i'll make some wings with my own wing sauce.

chubluv
01-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz of boiled chicken breast (Shredded)
8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Boil chicken . Cool and shred. Then mix with 1/2-3/4 of wing sauce.Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a glass pan. Top with chicken mixture.Spread 1/2-3/4 Jar of Bleu cheese on top. Sprinkle the Monterey cheese on top.

Bake in 350* oven 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips

The_Philster
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

Boil chicken . Cool and shred. Then mix with 1/2-3/4 of wing sauce.Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a glass pan. Top with chicken mixture.Spread 1/2-3/4 Jar of Bleu cheese on top. Sprinkle the Monterey cheese on top.

that sounds good :hungry:

LtBillsFan66
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
pizza

LtBillsFan66
lots of it

chubluv
Its delicous & easy to make.

LtBillsFan66
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Pizza? Nah I just order it.

chubluv
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
sorry I forgot to quote Phil.

The Natrix
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

Damn, that sounds good. Might have to try it.

honey
01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
That sounds really, REALLY good, chub!!! :up: I'm going to try it!

We don't have a Super Bowl party, per se, it's usually just me and the boys (Frank and Dal), but we like to have some finger foods or stuff to put on paper plates. My favorite dip is shrimp/clam dip served with either crackers or chips of your choosing.

Shrimp/clam dip:

1(or 2 :D ) can(s) each of tiny shrimp and chopped clams (drained)
1 block cream cheese (softened)
1 container of sour cream
chopped celery to taste

Put all ingredients in bowl, use mixer to mix it all up, chill and serve. :smile:

honey
01-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Also, chili cheese bean dip is good. Chili, cheese, melt together - voila! :bravo:

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Damn, that sounds good. Might have to try it.

And with a name like chubluv, I doubt you can go wrong with that recipe too.

ublinkwescore
02-01-2006, 10:37 AM
why did someone neg me for the above comment?

Demon
02-01-2006, 10:40 AM
pizza, wings, chili...... with crackers, chips and sulsa... and tons and tons of booze!

me and my buddies start drinking around 1.... we're hammered by 6 and anything we eat tastes GREAT!

PUCKER
02-04-2006, 01:43 AM
That sounds good,chub! :hungry:

mybills
02-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Pizza? Nah I just order it.
They were joking about pizza on the radio saying that Dominos pizza will sell over 1 million on S.B. Sunday. Then they said John Madden will eat 1 pizza by himself and eye the other 999,000 saying, "You gonna finish that?" :snicker:

The last buffalo fan
02-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Ceviche de Camaron - Schrimp Salad

Schrimp
Lime
Onion (the purple one, is the best)
Tomato
Cucumber
Avocato
Salt

Remove the schrimp shell and cut it on little pieces, and put in on a container with lime juice, leave it there for at least 45 minutes, add a little of salt. Do the same with the onion, but in a different container.
Slice all the ingredients, and mix them with the schrimp and the onion, but dry both, schrimp and onion. Then, add some lime and salt to the entire mix, as much as you want.

If you do not eat schrimp crude/raw, put some water on the stove, when it is boiling, put the schrimp for a few seconds, and then take them out.

You can do the same with tuna or any kind of fish, tuna or maji maji are the best. Just add a little ketchup and some clamato juice (tomate and clam juice), to the mix.

I love this stuff with tostadas and lots of beer!!!!!

honey
02-04-2006, 04:59 PM
That sounds really good, tlbf!!! :up: I just found this recipe that I'm going to try:

Jim's Chili Cheese Smackdown

Big block o' Velveeta, 1lb. Browned Ground Beef, half lb. of Sausage, Diced onions, can of Hormel Chili and a splash of tobasco in the Crock Pot. Serve with Tortilla Chips and Sour Cream.

redeye5
02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok Sportsfans, hope you all get a chance this weekend to make these wings for you and your guests on Super Sunday....Its a simple recipie but the taste is out of this world...So Here Ya Go.....enjoy!

redeye5's famous wing recipie
http://www.shackhawaiikai.com/images/wings.jpg
In a small saucepan combine---Over MEDIUM HEAT---http://www.kitchencollection.com/prodimages/sm133670.jpg
1/2 stick of butter-melted
1 cup "Franks Hotsauce"
2 Tablespoons "Heinze" Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Real Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon "Grandmas" Molasses
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1 and a half teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
Stir it all together, turn the Heat Down to LOW and let it all simmer for 15 minutes
http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/kitchen_appliances/cooking/deep_fryers/images/35030.jpg
Deep fry wings 10 at a time for 10-15 minutes...HINT:
(they Float on top of the oil when they are done)
http://www.ketchapeno.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/wings8.jpg.w240h180.jpg
After draining the wings on paper towels
pour the sauce in a large bowl...dump the wings in there and get ready these wings are the best wings you will ever have made for yourselves...

Billsrock4life
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
i usalyy get pizza, wings, mozzerella sticks, jalepeno poppers, and nachos

chernobylwraiths
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

That's good, but 1 bottle of hot sauce and 1 jar of blue cheese is a bit vague. I have a similar recipe and it calls for:
2 cups of shredded chicken
16 oz cream cheese
1 cup of hot sauce
1 cup of blue cheese

I have had one that had Ranch instead of blue cheese

Some of the things my wife makes:

cut up several boneless chicken fillets into cubes and cook with taco seasoning, but in a baking pan and cover with about 12 oz of chedder cheese and bake. Eat with tortilla chips

taco dip
mix 1 cup of sour cream with 8 oz of cream cheese together and spread out on cookie sheet about 1/4-1/2" thick. Cover with lettuce, cheese, tomatos and taco sauce. Eat with tortilla chips (this eating with tortilla chips is a common theme)

bread dip ( very easy and one of my personal favorites)
take a loaf of round bread (usually pumpernickle or rye) and hollow out middle, cutting bread removed into small pieces. Take your favorite dip (dill dip is mine) and put in hollowed out bread. Enjoy!

kinigirly
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
they just did a thing on the anchor bar on food network. i've got such a hard on for some buffalo wings right now its killing me!! :cry:

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:33 PM
i've got such a hard on and here I thought you were a girl :scratch:

justasportsfan
02-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I usually adopt a dog at the shelter and stick em' in the oven. For appetizers, a cat. Hey, I love the sb but I'm still asian.

kinigirly
02-04-2006, 06:39 PM
the word craving didn't do justice

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
the word craving didn't do justice
:laughter: noted
just think...2 more weeks..

tat2dmike77
02-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Mikes SPECIAL brownies

Brownie mix like betty crocker or something doesn't matter or you can make from scratch.

About an ounce of the chronic

8x8 pan

Grease pan, follow brownie mixing directions, add in chronic, bake, and enjoy

chubluv
02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Mikes SPECIAL brownies

Brownie mix like betty crocker or something doesn't matter or you can make from scratch.

8x8 pan

:fab:

mybills
02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I usually adopt a dog at the shelter and stick em' in the oven. For appetizers, a cat. Hey, I love the sb but I'm still asian.
mybills :rock: justa

PUCKER
02-04-2006, 11:33 PM

That is just wrong! :shakeno:

:machgun:

ublinkwescore
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I got stuffed on Tri-tip, barbecue ribs, Salad, and spanish rice - I had one Bud Light (like the only budweiser I can drink - notice I'm sticking to my new year's resolution? - plus I had to go drill with SCBA at AFD)

This was like the busiest SB weekend ever. I took my girl with me to my aunt and uncle's house to watch the superbowl, and I caught my little cousin who's hitting puberty trying to stare down her shirt - I just kinda laughed - my girl asked what I was laughing at, I just said the Fed Ex Commercial with the Cavemen in it where the dude kicks the dinosaur.

ticatfan
02-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Had no plans ,but a couple of lads showed up with a moose roast,so I cooked it up and it was great, but it is time for the NFL to adopted 3 down football, 4 downs is just to boring. No wonder they push all the hype and commercials, because the game sucks.

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Mikes SPECIAL brownies

8x8 pan

Weed brownies!

Ricky made some of those, the dog ate them, lol.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/images/genre/comedy_games/trailer_park_boys/tpb_gallery_s1e4_05.jpg

tat2dmike77
02-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Weed brownies!

Ricky made some of those, the dog ate them, lol.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/images/genre/comedy_games/trailer_park_boys/tpb_gallery_s1e4_05.jpg

My basset hound would get up in my face when i would smoke and if i didn't blow the smoke in her face she would get mad.

hammerbillsfan
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
:rofl:

lordofgun
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

MAde it for the SB party yesterday and it was a hit. :up:

lordofgun
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Had no plans ,but a couple of lads showed up with a moose roast,so I cooked it up and it was great, but it is time for the NFL to adopted 3 down football, 4 downs is just to boring. No wonder they push all the hype and commercials, because the game sucks.
LOL. And shootouts in hockey will ruin the game. :rolleyes:

tat2dmike77
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
LOL. And shootouts in hockey will ruin the game. :rolleyes:

Bet all the nay sayers of shootouts are feeling a little dumb shootouts are great.

chubluv
02-06-2006, 05:44 PM
MAde it for the SB party yesterday and it was a hit. :up:

:up:

redeye5
02-24-2006, 08:19 AM
n e 1 try my wing recipie?

lordofgun
02-03-2007, 03:06 PM
bump :mad:

mybills
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm still not making anything. This year I'll be at my favorite bar & grille with a coupon (that I got for Xmas) for dinner & drinks. :up:

billsburgh
02-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll be making wings and I think I'm also going to fry some shrimp to cover with the wing sauce too.

Jaydog57
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

Bake in 350* oven 25-30 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chipsDamn, that sounds goooood............:respect:

honey
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
This year I'll have li'l smokies in bbq sauce, I'm going to make some pizza rollups, ham/cheese/cracker tray, chili, chips and maybe some wings, not sure. :supper:

kgun12
02-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Beefeates Gin and Tonic :idunno: Also I make ribs and Buffalo wings!

lordofgun
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Just went shopping and bought a deep fryer! :fat:

Here's what we'll be having:

Meatball subs with my wife's amazing homemade meatballs!
Buffalo wings!
Chips with cheesy bacon dip!
Cocoa rice crispy treats!

:fat:

lordofgun
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
BTW, anyone who lives near me is welcome to come over! I've got the Super bowl in 50" High Def!

Mr.Reality
02-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Wherever I am at, that is the best food I have ever had.

I could be at my buddy's house and his wife's dip could taste like lizard mucous--but when she asks how it is I'm still gonna say it's the best I've ever had. Are you nuts?

Michael82
02-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Chicken Wing dip

Ingredients:

8oz Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of wing sauce
1 Jar of Bleu Cheese

Sounds like the dip that someone brought to our home opener tailgate. It was the best dip EVER! :drool: :hungry:

ublinkwescore
02-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Mikes SPECIAL brownies

8x8 pan

those are some expensive brownies.

ublinkwescore
02-04-2007, 11:40 AM
My basset hound would get up in my face when i would smoke and if i didn't blow the smoke in her face she would get mad.

my pit will eat weed, and drink hard alcohol.

ublinkwescore
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
this year, me and my friends are gonna each pitch in and bring some kind of different food - I'm gonna leave at 1 (pacific time of course) to go see what they've got over there already - and then I'm gonna buy something either to throw on a grill, or I'm gonna buy some avocados, serrano chilis, green onions, jalapenos and a lime to make some Avocado salsa.

ublinkwescore
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
and some corn tortillas to throw whatever we've got on the grill into.

I'm not drinking anymore so no point in buying beer - maybe I'll buy some soda - I don't know yet.

chubluv
02-05-2007, 09:09 PM
This year my wife made a spinach cheese dip. It was pretty good. Although the weather prevented a lot of our guests from attending so I guess I'm going to have to eat the left overs. :fat:

lordofgun
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
For like the 4th year, I'm making that chicken wing sauce dip!!

I have a secret that makes it way better though.

lordofgun
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Any good recipes from those of you in the Bills forum?

honey
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I have li'l smokies in bbq sauce going, pizza, wings, cheese and meat tray and tacos. :supper:

Typ0
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
I have li'l smokies in bbq sauce going, pizza, wings, cheese and meat tray and tacos. :supper:

those li'l smokies in bbq sauce are great! I got a bunch of stuff today. It's too bad I have to watch the superbowl on fuzzy tv...I just put up a new dish and can't get it dialed in. anyway, I got the usual cheese and crackers...and sheri is making some bean dip. Jillian just had bbq chicken breast, a pickle and some cheese. I got some sardines in hot sauce.

MTBillsFan
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Beer! My buddies Buffalo Wings!