PDA

View Full Version : Question for Canadians who keep negging me.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Why would you think Buffalonians would be happy and accept losing any games to Toronto?

Would you be happy having the Leafs play 20 games a year in Buffalo?

If the Bills move to Toronto Buffalo is done with them. What else can be said about it?

User Manuel
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.impawards.com/1995/posters/canadian_bacon.jpg

Return the Bills Pronto or We Level Toronto

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Its like they think we should be happy they are playing games in Toronto.

I am one of the few who have accepted the 5 year thing and I will be fine with that but anything more and I will flip.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Its like they think we should be happy they are playing games in Toronto.

I am one of the few who have accepted the 5 year thing and I will be fine with that but anything more and I will flip.
You can thank your boy, Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:13 AM
He isn't my boy.

My ruling is still out on him though. If this Toronto thing was purely meant to regionalize the market and after 5 years we are done playing there I am totally fine with it. BUT if this is an audition to sell to Rodgers Wilson is a scum sucking ******.

I guess I am saying that Wilson still can make this right by selling to a local owner. Yes Yes I know that will not make the most profit but right is right.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
He isn't my boy.

My ruling is still out on him though. If this Toronto thing was purely meant to regionalize the market and after 5 years we are done playing there I am totally fine with it. BUT if this is an audition to sell to Rodgers Wilson is a scum sucking ******.

I guess I am saying that Wilson still can make this right by selling to a local owner. Yes Yes I know that will not make the most profit but right is right.
Just a dream my friend, that old ******* could die any second and his greedy ass will take the Bills with him.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Not really.

You don't get it.

Who you can thank are the Jones' and Snyder's of the world. They are pushing the NFL to this point. If the league is not careful it will be jusy like MLB.

I just hope our resident Yankees fans fully support this change.......

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Not really.

You don't get it.

Who you can thank are the Jones' and Snyder's of the world. They are pushing the NFL to this point. If the league is not careful it will be jusy like MLB.

I just hope our resident Yankees fans fully support this change.......
Inferiority complex kicking in again. Their teams are in better markets with fans willing to pay any price to go to a game. Maybe Buffalo just can't handle a team anymore.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Just a dream my friend, that old ******* could die any second and his greedy ass will take the Bills with him.
You never know man.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Inferiority complex kicking in again. Their teams are in better markets with fans willing to pay any price to go to a game. Maybe Buffalo just can't handle a team anymore.

It is not an inferioirty complex.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/01/29/as_i_see_it_football_and_economics.php

Read that. It is not about what the fans can pay, it is about the business base. It is also about what is best for the league.

As for Buffalo not being able to support a team, that might end up being the case. Their might not be the economic and business base here to do so.

But is not Ralph's fault.

gr8slayer
You never know man.
It would be nice but it's a situation where you crap in one hand and wish in the other.....

Dr. Lecter

If he was greedy, he would have moved years ago.

Simple as that.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
It is not an inferioirty complex.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/01/29/as_i_see_it_football_and_economics.php

Read that. It is not about what the fans can pay, it is about the business base. It is also about what is best for the league.

As for Buffalo not being able to support a team, that might end up being the case. Their might not be the economic and business base here to do so.

But is not Ralph's fault.
So then make the fans pay $300 a game like I do to sit in the nose bleed section at Texas Stadium and we'll all be fine. But no, the fans ***** anytime there's a price increase on the cheapest tickets in the league.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
If he was greedy, he would have moved years ago.

Simple as that.
He's being greedy by not helping to secure the Bills future.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
So then make the fans pay $300 a game like I do to sit in the nose bleed section at Texas Stadium and we'll all be fine. But no, the fans ***** anytime there's a price increase on the cheapest tickets in the league.

The ticket price is NOT the issue. Teams share that revenue.

Suites and unshared revenue is the issue. And the population here is smaller.

This league can't go in the direction of MLB. It will kill the NFL.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't agree.

When I was watching the superbowl last night and they showed Giselle sipping on Merlot I almost puked. The gay concerts leading up to it and then another gay halftime EXTRAVAGANZA!!. Do you want football to be that because that is where it is heading for every game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
He's being greedy by not helping to secure the Bills future.
This I agree with 100%. If he wanted to be true to the city he would do everything in his power now to make this happen. Who is to say that things aren't taking place behind the scenes though.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
The ticket price is NOT the issue. Teams share that revenue.

Suites and unshared revenue is the issue. And the population here is smaller.

This league can't go in the direction of MLB. It will kill the NFL.
Teams share the revenue and the Bills aren't contributing crap to the revenue with the joke that is the ticket price.

And there's a reason everyone and their mother at the Stars game the other night was a Sabres fan and most that I talked to were from Buffalo or the surrounding area. Why are they here and not in Buffalo? People leaving in masses is a sign that things are getting worse or not any better, that does not bode well for the Bills future because it's going to keep getting worse as more people leave.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I would easily spend more for tickets.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:28 AM
This I agree with 100%. If he wanted to be true to the city he would do everything in his power now to make this happen. Who is to say that things aren't taking place behind the scenes though.
Who's to say that he won't die in five minutes before anything gets done? He needs to get it done now or die an ass hole.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Teams share the revenue and the Bills aren't contributing crap to the revenue with the joke that is the ticket price.

And there's a reason everyone and their mother at the Stars game the other night was a Sabres fan and most that I talked to were from Buffalo or the surrounding area. Why are they here and not in Buffalo? People leaving in masses is a sign that things are getting worse or not any better, that does not bode well for the Bills future because it's going to keep getting worse as more people leave.
Well you are certainly wrong about the state of the area. Things are on the upswing for sure. The question is though is it rising on a pace fast enough to be able to support a team.

Most of those people Didn't leave last week but years ago. They talk out their asses.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Well you are certainly wrong about the state of the area. Things are on the upswing for sure. The question is though is it rising on a pace fast enough to be able to support a team.

Most of those people Didn't leave last week but years ago. They talk out their asses.
It isn't rising fast enough because people are still leaving the area.

hydro
02-04-2008, 08:31 AM

Just because you see people that originate from Buffalo now doesn't mean they are still leaving. The amount of people leaving Buffalo is going down from what I have heard.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Just because you see people that originate from Buffalo now doesn't mean they are still leaving. The amount of people leaving Buffalo is going down from what I have heard.
The last I read the area didn't lose any population in the recent year.

hydro
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
The last I read the area didn't lose any population in the recent year.

Thats a huge step for this area. People once were fleeing like the plague was spreading.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
:sigh: Thrum, think about this logically. Buffalo may be having a slight "rise" in economy and what not but it may be too late to save the Bills. They needed this "rise" about ten years ago.

hydro
02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
:sigh: Thrum, think about this logically. Buffalo may be having a slight "rise" in economy and what not but it may be too late to save the Bills. They needed this "rise" about ten years ago.

For this league to keep its credibility it should keep around the original teams that made the NFL what it is today. Do you want the league to eventually be just 8 teams of which are the only ones that have the financial stability to prosper? If the Synders, and Jones's of the league keep jacking up all the prices for their product its going to push out all the teams that are even in a little better shape than Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Why? The team is making money hand over fist.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
For this league to keep its credibility it should keep around the original teams that made the NFL what it is today. Do you want the league to eventually be just 8 teams of which are the only ones that have the financial stability to prosper? If the Synders, and Jones's of the league keep jacking up all the prices for their product its going to push out all the teams that are even in a little better shape than Buffalo.
Exactly
For example

Jacksonville
Tampa
New Orleans
Cincinnati
Cleveland again
Pittsburgh
Indy
Minnesota

Granted most of above would survive but when is enough enough?

Oldbillsfan
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I think Jacksonville is in more danger of moving than the Bills. They are the team who couldn't sell out games. The Bills have sucked for a decade. They they were winning all this time the excitement would be there and people would pony up.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Tough Call OBF. Both are in danger for sure.

Historian
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
And to think..just a few short years ago...it was the Aints that were on the chopping block.

I'll believe this crap when I see it.

Until then, why worry about years from now?