PDA

View Full Version : Would you support a CFL team if the Bills left?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
:?:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
What is the CFL?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Who knows.

hydro
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Highly doubt it.

FlyingDutchman
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
C'mon. The Pats just lost. Do we have to start talking about this stuff again already?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 08:43 AM
C'mon. The Pats just lost. Do we have to start talking about this stuff again already?
Yes. I could care less about the Giants or Pats. I only care about the Bills.

FlyingDutchman
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Yes. I could care less about the Giants or Pats. I only care about the Bills.

yes instead of talking about the biggest upset in super bowl history, we should have another go round with this subject. It definately hasnt been played out for the last two years.

Historian
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
CFL is inferior ball.

I'd rather watch UB.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
CFL is inferior ball.

I'd rather watch UB.
Yes if the bills left I would root for UB.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
yes instead of talking about the biggest upset in super bowl history, we should have another go round with this subject. It definately hasnt been played out for the last two years.
Hey here is an idea. Don't read this thread then. There are 50 about the game yesterday. Stick with those.

FlyingDutchman
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey here is an idea. Don't read this thread then. There are 50 about the game yesterday. Stick with those.

youre right, we always need more polls asking if people would support the team or another team or whatever....blah blah blah.....if they left.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
youre right, we always need more polls asking if people would support the team or another team or whatever....blah blah blah.....if they left.
What we really need is people complaining about a thread rather than just not posting in it... :shakeno:

ticatfan
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
CFL is inferior ball.

I'd rather watch UB.LOL A bills fan calling the CFL or any league or team inferior is funny,very funny.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
LOL A bills fan calling the CFL or any league or team inferior is funny,very funny.
What is funny about that? The Bills would kill any CFL team easily.

hydro
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
LOL A bills fan calling the CFL or any league or team inferior is funny,very funny.

You trying to defend the CFL is funny, very funny!

hydro
02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
blackoynx seems to be the loner in this poll.

hammerbillsfan
02-04-2008, 11:13 AM
**** off THURM

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2008, 11:14 AM
CFL is inferior ball.

I'd rather watch UB.It would be better than no ball!

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
**** off THURM
Why? You don't agree?

Yasgur's Farm
blackoynx seems to be the loner in this poll.Not any more. Of course some one will turn this into a "you support the Bills moving" vote.

THATHURMANATOR
It would be better than no ball!
Eh not really to me at least. I would have no interest. If you would then thats cool though.

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Naturally I'd rather have the NFL Bills... But if it was a foregone conclusion that they where moving... I'd want a CFL Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Thats cool man.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I have just read numerous posts and threads over the last couple months about how if the Bills leave we would or should get a CFL team. I keep thinking to myself that it would be a waist of time. I don't know anyone who would go to a game.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't support anything that has the word "Canada" in it. I'd have to find another team, I won't support the Bills unless they move to San Antonio or something.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't support anything that has the word "Canada" in it. I'd have to find another team, I won't support the Bills unless they move to San Antonio or something.

CanadianBallet?

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 11:33 AM
CanadianBallet?
If it starts with "Can" and ends in "A" or "N" I don't like it. It's not even a real country anyway.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 11:34 AM
You obviously have never seen their version of ballet.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
You obviously have never seen their version of ballet.
:limp:

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
HBF will have to educate you on what the term "Canadian Ballet" refers too.

Beleive me, I am not the one looking :limp: here.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 11:40 AM
HBF will have to educate you on what the term "Canadian Ballet" refers too.

Beleive me, I am not the one looking :limp: here.
If it involves Canada it's :limp:

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Dude their Strip clubs are amazing.

Jan Reimers
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
NFW.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
NFW.huh?

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Has anyone actually watched a CFL game?

I have and it's a joke.

I would support a Buffalo CFL team in the same manner that I would support indoor soccer, indoor lacrosse, and WNBA.

If you want to blame anyone for the Bills leaving start with NY state and the racist local government of Buffalo, NY.

hydro
02-04-2008, 12:20 PM
start with NY state and the racist local government of Buffalo, NY.
:whatthe: Racist? Where did that come from?

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM
:whatthe: Racist? Where did that come from?

It's true. Started with Pitts and has never ended.

You don't have to be white to be a racist.

Philagape
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Why on earth would I watch the CFL? It's like outdoor arena ball. Just because they wear pads and helmets and use a pigskin, doesn't make it real football. A bunch of us in a parking lot can do that.

Jan Reimers
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
huh?
No F****** Way.

I've seen plenty of CFL Games, including one live in Calgary. It's a nice novelty, but it's not NFL Football.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
What is funny about that? The Bills would kill any CFL team easily.

Not so fast.

The Bills are the only team in American pro football history to ever lose to a CFL team.

August 8, 1961
Hamilton Tiger-Cats 38, Buffalo Bills 21

I voted yes. It's a good league, it deserves the support of football fans.

venis2k1
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.logoserver.com/football/BuffaloDestroyers.GIF

Bring back the AFL to Buffalo.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Not so fast.

The Bills are the only team in American pro football history to ever lose to a CFL team.

August 8, 1961
Hamilton Tiger-Cats 38, Buffalo Bills 21

I voted yes. It's a good league, it deserves the support of football fans.
I think he means today.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I certainly do mean today. Things have changed in the last 47 years....

Johnny Bugmenot
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Why on earth would I watch the CFL? It's like outdoor arena ball. Just because they wear pads and helmets and use a pigskin, doesn't make it real football. A bunch of us in a parking lot can do that.

You know what?

I know I'm in a bit of a minority here but I'd prefer the CFL myself. The CFL is closer to football's actual roots-- three downs, 110 yard field, goalposts on the goal line, forward motion at the snap. It's definitely not American ball-- ask Ricky Williams-- but it still is, very much so, football, and it's probably the second-best level of pro football in North America, yes, ahead of that contrived "arena ball" crap. Besides, the Grey Cup has a heck of a lot more heritage to it.

Heck, had it not been for Art Modell and the NFL, the CFL would probably still have teams in Baltimore and San Antonio right now.

The NFL has become so corporate. I enjoy the game, but no more than college or high school ball (well, probably more than high school ball). CFL is unique-- passing oriented without going overboard like the AFL.

I know my opinion isn't popular here on an NFL message board but take it as it is. I would support a CFL team in Buffalo/Fort Erie.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
You know what?

I know I'm in a bit of a minority here but I'd prefer the CFL myself. The CFL is closer to football's actual roots-- three downs, 110 yard field, goalposts on the goal line, forward motion at the snap. It's definitely not American ball-- ask Ricky Williams-- but it still is, very much so, football, and it's probably the second-best level of pro football in North America, yes, ahead of that contrived "arena ball" crap. Besides, the Grey Cup has a heck of a lot more heritage to it.

Heck, had it not been for Art Modell and the NFL, the CFL would probably still have teams in Baltimore and San Antonio right now.

The NFL has become so corporate. I enjoy the game, but no more than college or high school ball (well, probably more than high school ball). CFL is unique-- passing oriented without going overboard like the AFL.

I know my opinion isn't popular here on an NFL message board but take it as it is. I would support a CFL team in Buffalo/Fort Erie.You can have the CFL, I'll take the most powerful sports league in the world.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
You know what?

I know my opinion isn't popular here on an NFL message board but take it as it is. I would support a CFL team in Buffalo/Fort Erie.
I don't even hate the CFL but I just think I would be so bitter about the Bills that I could never support it.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't even hate the CFL but I just think I would be so bitter about the Bills that I could never support it.
You'll go back to the NFL if the Bills leave.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
You'll go back to the NFL if the Bills leave.
I am telling you man with 100% complete honesty I will never watch the NFL again. I am a VERY stubborn person

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I am telling you man with 100% complete honesty I will never watch the NFL again. I am a VERY stubborn person
Yeah you will, eventually you'll get out of that hell hole and move to a real city with an NFL team and you'll pick up right where you left off.

BTW, would anyone care if Mercury Morris disappeared forever?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah you will, eventually you'll get out of that hell hole and move to a real city with an NFL team and you'll pick up right where you left off.

LOL you don't know me very well do you. I will never move from Buffalo. I have had numerous chances and chose not to. I make great money have a nice house and many friends why would I move? I am not all about money man. Some things are more important

No I wouldn't care.

Mr. Pink
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Does Raghib Ismail or Doug Flutie still play there?

What's a rogue?

Does the field need to be 110 yards?

Eph that.

Watch the Browns!

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I know I'm in a bit of a minority .

A bit of a minority is a MAJOR understatement.

Michael82
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Not at first, but eventually I would realize that it would be our only chance for football as I would be too pissed at the NFL to watch. So, yes I would support it.

Buffatexas
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM

why do you have to bash the city? Some of us actually make a nice living up here and can actually enjoy it.

OpIv37
02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
what the hell kind of question is that?

"Would you trade in a brand new Escalade for a Ford Pinto?"

"Would you trade in a 60" plasma for a Sega Game Gear with TV tuner?"

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Grey Cup vs. Lombardi Trophy?

Are we serious? We should just put a big "L" on the side of the helmet.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
why do you have to bash the city? Some of us actually make a nice living up here and can actually enjoy it.
Good for you, some of us make an even better living doing half the work. The city just isn't all you all crack it up to be and you are all in denial when it comes to the state of the city.

That being said; I've said it at least 10 times, I loved visiting Buffalo and will be back to spend a ton of cash yet again, I just wouldn't want to live there.

FatalShot
02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
The What-FL?

Buffatexas
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Good for you, some of us make an even better living doing half the work. The city just isn't all you all crack it up to be and you are all in denial when it comes to the state of the city.

That being said; I've said it at least 10 times, I loved visiting Buffalo and will be back to spend a ton of cash yet again, I just wouldn't want to live there.

being in denial??? Better living doing half the work? I have basically the same job I had in the Tampa area and I am making a hell of a lot more and not doing as much work. I guess it depends on who you work for. As far as having your own business, I guess I can see where you are coming from but I wouldn't know as i am not self employed.

Trust me we are not blind to what is happening up here. Every city/state has its downfalls and personally, I don't think that WNY is by far the worst.

One can be optimistic about my hometown as well as the Bills, cant I?

oh s**t, there is that "o" word again....:)

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM

No one is in denial my man. We know exactly what is what. I have been all around the country. Many Many Very nice places. That isn't the point we love Buffalo for the people and atmosphere. You wouldn't understand. I also highly doubt I would get paid DOUBLE to do my job in Dallas. I have contacts there at my vendor.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
being in denial??? Better living doing half the work? I have basically the same job I had in the Tampa area and I am making a hell of a lot more and not doing as much work. I guess it depends on who you work for. As far as having your own business, I guess I can see where you are coming from but I wouldn't know as i am not self employed.

Trust me we are not blind to what is happening up here. Every city/state has its downfalls and personally, I don't think that WNY is by far the worst.

One can be optimistic about my hometown as well as the Bills, cant I?

oh s**t, there is that "o" word again....:)
Exactly! Hey we arent saying it is for you G8 but it is for us. I personally hate fake greedy materialistic people. Big cities tend to have tons of em.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
If the Bills left, the UB program might take off. The biggest reason for UB's 2nd rate program is that it is a SUNY school. Numer 2 would be that this is strictly an NFL town and UB has never attracted much of a following. Move the Bills and people will be hungry for some NCAA football. I don't know if that would really happening, but it seems plausible.
Please, stay Bills!

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
All the more power to both of you, I couldn't live there but I'll be back for a game or two soon :up:

Trust me, we helped you economy last time we were there lol.

Michael82
02-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Maybe the better question would be....

If the Buffalo Bills left Western NY, would you leave too? If so, how long after?

Buffatexas
02-05-2008, 04:42 AM

Canadians do it every day

YardRat
02-05-2008, 05:22 AM
No.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2008, 08:27 AM
All the more power to both of you, I couldn't live there but I'll be back for a game or two soon :up:

Good work man!!! :hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Maybe the better question would be....

If the Buffalo Bills left Western NY, would you leave too? If so, how long after?
No I wouldn't leave. I would bide my time until the Bills returned one day maybe when I was 70.

Michael82
02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
No I wouldn't leave. I would bide my time until the Bills returned one day maybe when I was 70.
:lmao: You would be biding your time forever. IF the Bills ever leave, they ain't coming back. :ill: