PDA

View Full Version : Now does my DE priority make sense!!

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Hmmm, now maybe we could really consider improving on the Kelsay/Schobel disaster.

As I have been saying for two bloody years: get to Brady and his game goes to pot.

Having Schobel and Kelsay on the ends puts us at an immediate dis-advantage everytime we play the Pats. Getting out of the AFC East means, at worst, splitting games with NE.

We need real pass rushing DEs!!!!!!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Perfect sense. Tuck is better than any DE we have currently.

Romes
02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Tall WRs and good TEs also helped the giants win.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes Boss's catch and run was one of the biggest of the game. IMO he is as good as shockey.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 09:07 AM
[quote=THATHURMANATOR]Perfect

The guy was insane. Funny part is that the Giants obviously made this a priority because they have depth at the position.

mysticsoto
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Hmmm, now maybe we could really consider improving on the Kelsay/Schobel disaster.

As I have been saying for two bloody years: get to Brady and his game goes to pot.

Having Schobel and Kelsay on the ends puts us at an immediate dis-advantage everytime we play the Pats. Getting out of the AFC East means, at worst, splitting games with NE.

We need real pass rushing DEs!!!!!!!!!!

The Giants have great DTs also! We need help for McCargo, we need Schobel to gain weight and become consistent, and we need someone to help Schobel on the other side!

And yes, having a tall WR and decent TE will help the offense be able to score something - which right now it can't...

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Tall WRs and good TEs also helped the giants win.

New England scored 14 points so don't give me that argument.

Everyone here knows we need a tall #2 WR or improvement at TE so those will be priorities no matter what.

My argument is that we are not a playoff team with Schobel and Kelsay sitting at the ends and this should be our highest priority.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 09:20 AM
we need Schobel to gain weight and become consistent,

When we need our highest paid player to gain weight and become more consistant at 31, I'm pretty scared.

I'm going on record right now that DT is not where are issue truly lies.

Romes
02-04-2008, 09:20 AM
New England scored 14 points so don't give me that argument.

Everyone here knows we need a tall #2 WR or improvement at TE so those will be priorities no matter what.

My argument is that we are not a playoff team with Schobel and Kelsay sitting at the ends and this should be our highest priority.

I am not disagreeing that a pash rush was a major part of the Giants win. The keyword in my statement was "also."

Romes
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
It also didn't help that when the bills played the patriots they dropped 8 people back into coverage.

Owen DeBoard
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
When we need our highest paid player to gain weight and become more consistant at 31, I'm pretty scared.

I'm going on record right now that DT is not where are issue truly lies.
I dont know where you get off saying that Schobel needs to be more consistent. He has been our most consistent player on defense let alone the defensive line. Im going on the record right now and saying that DT is where the issue lies because look at Schobels best years is where he actually has people on the d-line that can actually play. Pat Williams and Sam Adams are perfect examples, not Larry Tripplet and Kyle Williams. Enough with the hatered towards Schobel already damn!

madness
02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Nope, not really.

Philagape
02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
He has been our most consistent player on defense let alone the defensive line.

That's not saying much. That's like saying he's top of the class in special ed.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Guys this thread isn't about the superbowl. Flying Dutchman is going to be pissed!

kernowboy
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
DE is not the number one priority, certainly not in the draft this year.

Part of the problem is how we deploy the DEs in defence. Schobel should simply be let loose and I think Kelsay could also profit from a similar attitude. We need to attack more and if necessary drop the bend and don't break Cover2 idea. We need to get interior help for McCargo in the middle. Both Williams and Tripplett are not what is needed.

I advocate dropping in R1, picking up Pat Sims (6ft4, 316lbs, 4.92) in the first, then grabbing, Dre Moore (6ft4, 307lbs, 4.82) in the second. This would give the Pats nightmares along with McCargo and free up the DEs. We can get a big WR with our extra R2 pick (Adarius Bowman?) and a TE in the 3rd (John Carlson).

If we are to nab a DE I'd go after Antwan Odom as there is little chance the Titans can resign him, LaBoy, Starks and Haynesworth having already paid big money for VandenBosch and Long.

If the DEs especially Kelsay and Denney still struggle, I'd be looking closely at Lawrence Wilson of Ohio State (6ft6, 276lbs, 4.61) in 2009.

Until we sort out the interior of the DL it really won't matter who we have at end.

colin
02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
it doesn't need to be DE, but we need some passrushers and play makers on the front 7.

the giants have a smaller faster front 4. i hope all the idiot whining about going back to 3-4 and you can't win without a giant fat line gets put to rest.

Oaf
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Antwan Odom sounds like a good pickup Kernow. :up:

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
You guys need to go back and watch how Schobel played in '07 and compare that to everyone else on the line. You'll be shocked.

That's all I'm going to say.

Philagape
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
This is a somewhat related question, but under cash to cap, we can cut anyone at any time with no cap penalty right? Because all bonuses have already been paid in full? Just trying to think of a potential way out of the $75 million we have tied up in our DEs.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
This is a somewhat related question, but under cash to cap, we can cut anyone at any time with no cap penalty right? Because all bonuses have already been paid in full? Just trying to think of a potential way out of the $75 million we have tied up in our DEs.

See I agree here. Instead of getting caught up in what these two clowns have cost us lets talk about how to improve at the position.

This is always the problem with Buffalo logic. We have money spent here so we can't make a change.