PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else having flashbacks to SB 25 last night?

Voltron
02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
It seems to me like they used a very similar tactic against the Pats that the 90 giant's used against the Bills. :idunno:

Historian
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Same playbook.

Control the clock via a punnishing run game, and stay within striking distance.

Voltron
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Same playbook.

I just kept saying it over and over. Wow this sure looks familiar :up:

MikeInRoch
02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I flashback to that game during EVERY Super Bowl.

mysticsoto
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I flashback to that game during EVERY Super Bowl.

That's b'cse of the 'shrooms you take right before to daydream of what could've been...:dream:

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Same playbook.

Their running game was not all that punishing last night though.

raphael120
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, each game had a giant choke job at the end.

Ebenezer
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Belichick obviously failed to learn from history he helped to write - purely classic!!

Historian
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Their running game was not all that punishing last night though.

When they needed to move the chains, they got the job done.

BillsPride12
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, this was discussed at my party last night...I said The Patriots got out-Bellichecked haha

Discotrish
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
It seems to me like they used a very similar tactic against the Pats that the 90 giant's used against the Bills. :idunno:

I felt that way even before the game started. The two teams had met during the season, Giants lost. Giants were more focused on "D" and the running game, Patriots (like the Bills) had a high-scoring flashy offense. (Remember scoring 51 points against the Raiders in the playoffs prior to the Superbowl?)

I also felt that the pressure was all on the Patriots, very little on the Giants. The Giants played a great game, but that's where the "choke" factor might have come in with Brady missing passes when he wasn't pressured.

Patti

imbondz
02-04-2008, 12:07 PM
it comes to mind every single superbowl, and some times in the off season too.

Meathead
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
the cheats looked relatively flat

i mean i know they are so good that they can remain focused and professional and usually get the job done

but you have to admit the giants were just so pumped and the cheats did nothing to deflate them early so that just kept building

even so the cheats did what they had to do on offense to take the lead late. then several times it looked like they had the giants in control on d with third and longs but the giants found ways to just keep moving the chains then all it took was one good deke and plax was all alone for the td

pretty amazing and frankly i never expected it to happen all the way along. glad i was wrong