PDA

View Full Version : Think Shockey will remain a NYG?

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I know what Shockey has done statistically this year and last, but there have been numerous reports that he intimidated Eli Manning.

One has to believe that there is a certain amount of truth in these allegations as once Shockey was benched with his broken fibula, Eli's performance suddenly got increasingly better.

We all know that Kevin Boss has been a more than adequate fill in for Shockey.

I'm wondering with a high dollar contract player like Shockey, along with the decent play from Boss, if the Giants will try and move him?

His contract was signed in Oct. '05 for $26.38 mil and is good through 2011.

If the Giants put him on the block (again speculation), I think the Bills have to come balls to the wall to make this trade.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I know what Shockey has done statistically this year and last, but there have been numerous reports that he intimidated Eli Manning.

One has to believe that there is a certain amount of truth in these allegations as once Shockey was benched with his broken fibula, Eli's performance suddenly got increasingly better.

I'm wondering with a high dollar contract player like Shockey if the Giants will try and move him?

If the Giants put him on the block (again speculation), I think the Bills have to come balls to the wall to make this trade.
If he is an intimidating bastard that ruins the QB why do we want him?

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Because the Bills need a little attitude on offense. Especially from a TE that performs as well as Shockey.

gr8slayer
He'll be a Giant next year, he had a slice of humble pie while he was hurt.

hydro

My thoughts exactly. Especially with a young QB ourselves.

venis2k1
so he can intimidate edwards??

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Schockey would do well here. He has no-one that is going to listen to his **** here.

Talk about a guy that can put fans in the seats and make some plays.

How old is he?

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
My thoughts exactly. Especially with a young QB ourselves.

I thought the same thing at first but as he gets older he seems to settle down a bit.

He's never been a disruption like Owens or Moss.

You can't deny the fact that Shockey would increase this offense 10 fold.

imbondz

I'm wondering with a high dollar contract player like Shockey, along with the decent play from Boss, if the Giants will try and move him?

Eli calls the shots from now on. If it's true, then Shockey won't be there much longer

Mr. Miyagi
No to Shockey.

It's no coincidence that the year Shockey is out is the year that Eli plays better.

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Some of you guys are funny. You want talent and good play out of players. Well here's a potential opportunity.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Some of you guys are funny. You want talent and good play out of players. Well here's a potential opportunity.
Yeah but remember? We're a "classy organization."

imbondz
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't have a problem if Shockey came here. And that could hurt us how? We may not make the playoffs if he signs?

LtBillsFan66
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Shockey is overrated. Big mouth, a lot of attitude and noise. Little impact.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know about little impact but a big mouth ass hole? Sure.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I guess I don't think he is as talented as his reputation would have you believe. I had him on my fantasy teams for the last couple years and watched him quite a bit and he really didn't impress me ever. He would easily be an upgrade over what we have currently.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah but not for $26 mil Thurm.

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Well here's a hypothetical question (being that this scenerio is far from a reality).

Would you rather gamble and draft a big TE in the first second round of the playoffs this year, hoping the guy pans out....

OR

Would you trade for a young TE that has established himself in the NFL, has over 4000 yards receiving and 27 TDs in just 3 seasons?

raphael120
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
We really need to chill out about the "no way in hell is it going to happen" pipe dreams of FA signings and crap like this.

:spam:

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Well here's a hypothetical question (being that this scenerio is far from a reality).

Would you rather gamble and draft a big TE in the first second round of the playoffs this year, hoping the guy pans out....

OR

Would you trade for a young TE that has established himself in the NFL, has over 4000 yards receiving and 27 TDs in just 3 seasons?
We're a "classy" team.

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 04:51 PM
We really need to chill out about the "no way in hell is it going to happen" pipe dreams of FA signings and crap like this.

:spam:

Why? 'cause there's so much more to talk about.

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
We're a "classy" team.
Nice use of sarcasm. :up:

I use to buy into that philosophy as well, and still do to an extent. But the fact remians that this team needs talent in key positions. I'm tired of DRAFTING the right team year after year only to make the same mistakes.

RedEyE
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Well you live in NY so maybe you see it more.

How would you compare him to a TO or a Moss?

yordad
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM

OR

Would you trade for a young TE that has established himself in the NFL, has over 4000 yards receiving and 27 TDs in just 3 seasons?We can draft a player from the playoffs? J/k I get what you are saying.

Who do we give up? And, if he is disruptive, why would you want him? If we are going to pay that much for someone, there are people available that we don't have to trade for. And, TE is one of the deepest positions in the draft.

IMO, if we are going to trade players and sign a top paid guy, it should be at a position not-so-easily filled. In fact, I'm not a big fan of trades to begin with. You don't have to give up anything for a free agent.

So, take that cash that Shockey would make, use it to sign Corey Williams, save the trade bait, and get me a TE in the deep draft class.

Night Train
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
They should dump him. He ripped Coughlin last year and contributed nothing to their great run.

He and Tiki are so smart. LOL. Dump him.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Sometimes a team needs that extra player to get them over the hump.

Shockey could be that guy.

People forget that James Lofton wasn't a very popular signing at the time but was one of the reasons we made it to our first Superbowl.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Sometimes a team needs that extra player to get them over the hump.

Shockey could be that guy.

People forget that James Lofton wasn't a very popular signing at the time but was one of the reasons we made it to our first Superbowl.
Did we win that Super Bowl? Oh then nobody cares.