PDA

View Full Version : 26th toughest schedule by Peter King

Dicknoze69
04-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Peter King, in his MMQB article, says we have the 26th toughest schedule. The Pats have the 13th toughest, while the Phins have the 14th toughest. He also says we are the best team that nobody knows about.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/04/06/mmqb/

Voltron
04-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Dicknoze69
He also says we are the best team that nobody knows about.

Where did he say this? I can't find it :(

Throne Logic
04-07-2003, 01:38 PM
How can any team in the AFC East have the 26th hardest schedule? Just being in this division should be good enough for top 15, at least.

Throne Logic
04-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Ahck, who cares, anyway. This tidbit means absolutely nothing. You can't accurately judge a team's strength until toward the end of the season.

Ebenezer
04-07-2003, 02:14 PM
They don't use Sagarin to determine who makes the playoffs...just win the games.

venis2k1
04-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Before last year, our shedule was rated the hardest(in terms or teams win/loss from year before. But when all was said and done it was one the the easier.

RedEyE
04-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Analyst determine how tough a schedule is based on the performance and standings of last year's schedule for each team. It's really quite ridiculous if you think about it. FA has changed the game and to claim that one team has a more difficult schedule then another is a crock. Pats went from worst to first a few years back, Bills may very well do the same this season. Thanks to FA teams have the ability to quickly change their post season fate. In other words, Peter King is just bored and buying time until the the next bit of NFL news comes forward or until Draft week begins.

Novacane
04-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Where did he say this? I can't find it :( The Eagles start with the Super Bowl champs. Next up: the challenging Patriots, at home, on a short week. Then the best team nobody has discovered yet, Buffalo, on the road. That's September. They open November at Atlanta and at Green Bay. They close with the following three: at Miami, against 49ers at home, at Washington. I hope Andy Reid has a pass-rusher up his sleeve, and that said pass-rusher is more of a 16-game player than Ndukwe Kalu has shown himself to be so far in his career.

4thAndLong
04-07-2003, 03:05 PM
You cant really have the hardest schedule based on winning %, because if you're a bad team, the teams in your division would be better than you, and you play them twice, which ultimately is crap by using that to judge by winning %.

I dont think I worded that right, but you know what I mean. (I hope)

WCoastFin
04-07-2003, 03:53 PM
I am guessing he is basing it upon last years teams, becuz there is still more offseason moves to be made.

Ebenezer
04-07-2003, 04:09 PM
You can't judge strength of schedule until at least the 4th game of the year. You can tell alot about it if you have alot of playoff teams on it because not all of them are going to fall apart...same with a schedule of bad teams.

Voltron
04-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Then the best team nobody has discovered yet, Buffalo, on the road.

Thanks FTG! :D

TigerJ
04-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Traditionally, strength of schedule is measured by the combined winning percentage the previous year of all the coming year's opponents. As has been mentioned several times in this thread, free agency renders this a pretty pointless exercise.