• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

it must be great to be a real giants fan right now

they have arguably two of the three biggest upsets in sb history under their belts. they were huge dogs to both the bills and the cheats and managed to come out on top

i was thrilled as hell because the non-cheats team won. just think how awesome it would be if that was your actual team

i mean you go into the game fully expecting to get plowed. you sit and watch the whole thing. youre on the edge of your seat gnawing at your fingernails until they spew blood

and in the end they pull out the massive miracle

in a way thats even better than being a dominant team and winning cuz its such a surprise. a huge gift you didnt expect

and now theyve done it twice

frankly i cant even imagine it. ive never had a primary professional team win a championship. the closest ive came is the celtics and the blue jays. but i cant say ive been a life long fan of either team, they were sort of just short term love affairs maybe six or eight years each. not like the bills or sabres who have been my teams as long as i can literally remember

sigh
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • bills&sabresmvf
    • May 2005

Re: it must be great to be a real giants fan right now

I have yet to get ahold of my friend. But he has season tickets to the Giants and has had them for years. He's from Buffalo area and drives to all the home games. It's amazing, so a fan like that, you gotta hand him the congratulations...

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead

i was thrilled as hell because the non-cheats team won. just think how awesome it would be if that was your actual team
      I have been saying this since Sunday night. If it feels this good to watch the Pats lose, I can only imagine what euphoria it'll be when the Bills finally win one. This is honestly the best I've ever felt after a SB game was played.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Trust me, it does feel great. I've loved the Giants almost as long as I've loved the Bills.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
          they have arguably two of the three biggest upsets in sb history under their belts. they were huge dogs to both the bills and the cheats and managed to come out on top

i mean you go into the game fully expecting to get plowed. you sit and watch the whole thing. youre on the edge of your seat gnawing at your fingernails until they spew blood

and in the end they pull out the massive miracle

in a way thats even better than being a dominant team and winning cuz its such a surprise. a huge gift you didnt expect

and now theyve done it twice

frankly i cant even imagine it. ive never had a primary professional team win a championship. the closest ive came is the celtics and the blue jays. but i cant say ive been a life long fan of either team, they were sort of just short term love affairs maybe six or eight years each. not like the bills or sabres who have been my teams as long as i can literally remember

sigh
          All The Giants fans I know had no doubt that the Giants were going to win. I told them they were dreaming ... boy did I have a big plate of crow to eat on monday.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I doubted the officiating. But they did a pretty good job this time.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
              Trust me, it does feel great. I've loved the Giants almost as long as I've loved the Bills.
              You're a horrible Bills fan.

Comment

• Voltron
                • Jul 2002

I have had 2 of my life long teams get championships. The Red Sox World Series wins have been awesome but nothing tops when Syracuse Mens Basketball won the Tournament. If the Bills were to win the SB I think it would top that but not by much.
                Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                - Mark Twain

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  You're a horrible Bills fan.
                  How?
                  I do love the Giants..just not as much as I love the Bills.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

How?
                    I do love the Giants..just not as much as I love the Bills.
                    I was mocking the way you feel about me having the Cowboys as my second team.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Actually, I understand it more than FuntimesYaY liking the Browns equally as the Bills.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Actually, I understand it more than FuntimesYaY liking the Browns equally as the Bills.
                        I don't like the Cowboys equally as the Bills though

Bills>Cowboys>everyone else.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          I don't like the Cowboys equally as the Bills though

Bills>Cowboys>everyone else.
                          Yeah, that's why I understand it. Not to mention, the Giants and Cowboys are NFC teams. But to like the Bills and Browns...I don't get it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

F the NJ Giants

NJ Giants

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Yeah, that's why I understand it. Not to mention, the Giants and Cowboys are NFC teams. But to like the Bills and Browns...I don't get it.
                              I kind of like the Titans too

I just like the NFL period, I'll watch and root for any team.

Comment

Working...
                              X