PDA

View Full Version : Afinogenov re-injures himself

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
The ups-and-downs of Maxim Afinogenov's groin injury aren't over yet. The dynamic winger was set to be make his return to Buffalo's lineup tomorrow against the Boston Bruins at the TD BankNorth Garden, but following practice on Monday morning, Afinogenov's outlook is much bleaker than what it seemed the past week.

The groin injury seems to have reared its ugly head once again, delaying his recovery even further.

"It would be a miracle if he played," said head coach Lindy Ruff of Afinogenov's status for Tuesday night.

"We felt the best decision was to keep him out of the last game, although he was anxious to give it a try. I know that he made statements saying that he thought he was ready.

"But we knew from skating him that there still was a little bit that he couldn't quite get through. I don't know if it's re-injured or if it's just basically at the same place it was."

An emotional Afinogenov left the skate early when the coaching staff believed he could no longer "participate at full go," according to Ruff.
http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=352281

chubluv
02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
He was supposed to be trade bait. I hope he gets better soon so we can trade him.

Ebenezer
02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
addition by subtraction

clumping platelets
02-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Frickin Apullmygroinov :mad:

Michael82
02-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Get rid of him. :ill:

bigbub2352
02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Trade him right ****ing now, he is overatted and hasnt had a full season with the sabres in his pro career, the minute he is healthy i would package him up, so he can realize his true potential elswhere and become the superstar that we all that we could be, u picking up the sarcasm, good, cause i am laying it on pretty thick

OpIv37
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
what happened? He tried to pass the puck and pulled a muscle because they weren't used to being used like that?

SabreEleven
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
what happened? He tried to pass the puck and pulled a muscle because they weren't used to being used like that?
and then he tried to score but those muscle's aren't used to either. Now he is really ****ed up. He is out for the year. :snicker: