PDA

View Full Version : Greg Williams = Jags D Coordinator...

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Jacksonville radio station 1010XL is reporting that Gregg Williams has been hired by the Jaguars as defensive coordinator. The decision isn't expected to be announced for another day, but the Jags have found a quality (though likely pricey) upgrade for MIke Smith, who is now in Atlanta. Williams was once thought to be the favorite for the head coaching job in Washington, but the Redskins decided to pursue other options. He inherits a similar 4-3 defensive scheme with better personnel, including two of the best DTs in football.

venis2k1
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Gregg will be very successful for the Jags.

tampabay25690
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
JAX is my pick for AFC Super Bowl team in Tampa next year......

This team is good with STROUD coming back and Peterson....WOW

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
JAX is my pick for AFC Super Bowl team in Tampa next year......

This team is good with STROUD coming back and Peterson....WOW
I wouldn't be so sure....

Jaguars LB Mike Peterson is due a $1.6 million roster bonus this offseason.
Peterson is also scheduled for $3 million in salary. The Jags may deem him expendable due to Daryl Smith's solid play in the middle and Justin Durant's emergence on the weak side. Other possible Jaguars cap casualties include DE Reggie Hayward ($3.5 million salary) and DT Marcus Stroud ($5 million).

Jayhawk
02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
hahahah Gregg is going to get f'ed over

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
hahahah Gregg is going to get f'ed over
Very well thought out, educated post.

Losman4Life
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
WE should have never got rid of Williams. He's a way better coach than moolarkey and jaruon. Plus he would have stuck with JP and never let a bum like Edwards play.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
WE should have never got rid of Williams. He's a way better coach than moolarkey and jaruon. Plus he would have stuck with JP and never let a bum like Edwards play.
Just let the Losman thing go, it's over with.

But you are right about Williams, we were better off when he was the coach.

tampabay25690
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't be so sure....

They are deep everywhere...There a good Football team.....Just because some guys might be lost doesnt mean anything.....

I still think they will be a top 2 team in the AFC

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
They are deep everywhere...There a good Football team.....Just because some guys might be lost doesnt mean anything.....

I still think they will be a top 2 team in the AFC
I'm not arguing that point, the point of my post was just to say that they may lose some of that elite talent. What sucks about Peterson is that he's a top 2 or 3 MLB in the league, he just can't stay healthy.

venis2k1
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Stepping back, Maybe we should have given Gregg Williams more time here in buffalo. I place that teams woes clearly on the shoulders of Drew Bledsoe and newly crowned Super Bowl champ Kevin Killdrive(really?). Was Gregg a Scapegoat for TD after Building a team that clearly didnt work around Drew Bledsoe? Maybe...But i can tell you that Mike Mularkey clearly wasnt the right answer.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Stepping back, Maybe we should have given Gregg Williams more time here in buffalo. I place that teams woes clearly on the shoulders of Drew Bledsoe and newly crowned Super Bowl champ Kevin Killdrive(really?). Was Gregg a Scapegoat for TD after Building a team that clearly didnt work around Drew Bledsoe? Maybe...But i can tell you that Mike Mularkey clearly wasnt the right answer.
We have an issue in Buffalo with not giving players and coaches enough time over the past decade.

venis2k1
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Its funny, the only coach we didnt run out of town, the worst one, took it upon himself to quit.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Its funny, the only coach we didnt run out of town, the worst one, took it upon himself to quit.
He likely knew that the axe was coming no matter how well he did. Sadly our last season worth talking about was under Mularkey.

Hard Nose Football
02-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Since they hired Gregg, are they now called the Jaggs?