PDA

View Full Version : Ray Brown Finally Hired as Assistant OL Coach

Romes
02-05-2008, 05:02 PM
we heard about this it seems like a month ago...well now its official.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5862

Night Train
02-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I wish he had some experience as a lineman [/sarcasm]

Jan Reimers
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I wish he had some experience as a lineman [/sarcasm]
Yeah, what a horrible choice. No credentials other than 20 years in the league as a premier player, and the admiration and respect of everyone who has ever come in contact with him.

hydro
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Not a big enough name. Bills FO hired him so he must suck.

Just excuses we should expect...

venis2k1
02-05-2008, 08:13 PM
insert sarcastic negative comment here.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Great freaking choice, he was a mean SOB his whole career. Maybe he can teach our OL to have a mean streak like he did.

venis2k1
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Maybe he can teach our OL to have a mean streak like he did.

Thats not really the kind of thing you can teach. But maybe he can teach them how to get low and push the pile in the running game.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Thats not really the kind of thing you can teach. But maybe he can teach them how to get low and push the pile in the running game.
I'd argue that point, I was an nice player until I met coach Black my Freshman year of college. He turned me into a pissed off teenager that saw red and wanted to bring death and destruction upon anyone infront of me. It can be taught in my opinion.

TigerJ
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd argue that point, I was an nice player until I met coach Black my Freshman year of college. He turned me into a pissed off teenager that saw red and wanted to bring death and destruction upon anyone infront of me. It can be taught in my opinion.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

feelthepain
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, what a horrible choice. No credentials other than 20 years in the league as a premier player, and the admiration and respect of everyone who has ever come in contact with him.

Doesn't mean he can coach.

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Doesn't mean he can coach.
Go get 'em STD, I have all the faith in the world in you after your Culpepper threads. You know talent man.

Goobylal
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Go get 'em STD, I have all the faith in the world in you after your Culpepper threads. You know talent man.
:bf1:

gr8slayer
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
:bf1:
No, he really is a football mastermind, you didn't know? He told us that Culpepper would lead the Dolphins to the promised land and what do you know? They are on top of the league. Don't believe me? Just read:

This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP.

hydro
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
No, he really is a football mastermind, you didn't know? He told us that Culpepper would lead the Dolphins to the promised land and what do you know? They are on top of the league. Don't believe me? Just read:

That quote is like STD repellant. You wont see him again in this thread :snicker: