PDA

View Full Version : This team is playing better......

Dr. Lecter
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
9 points during a 7 game road trip is pretty damn good.

This is the big month. The Sabres have played more road games than any other team. They are home most of the month, although they play about 15 times. At least they are not on the road.

And Dan Paille is playing very well and has made huge strides.

I am going to the game with Mike on Sunday. Maybe I will give him a quiz on former Sabres........

Nighthawk
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree, but this team still needs to make a move or two. If and that is a big "if", they get in the playoffs, this team is not good enough to compete against the #1 seed in the East. They still need some veteran leadership with some grit, heart and character. They also need to get rid of some of the slackers on this team...i.e. Kotalik, Kalinin, Afinogenov to change the atmosphere in the dressing room. That dressing room atmosphere is not a championship setting. Also, they NEED to move Campbell ASAP. He has to be worth a pretty penny on the trade market, we just need Regier to stop pissing himself and get a deal done...sooner rather than later.

Dr. Lecter
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I disagree on getting rid of Max.

They already lost Briere and Drury. They don't need to lose more scoring from last year's team.

Nighthawk
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I disagree on getting rid of Max.

They already lost Briere and Drury. They don't need to lose more scoring from last year's team.

Max isn't a consistent scorer. He's more flash than substance. He's untradeable at this point, so nothing to worry about there, Lecter.

JD
02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd trade Connolly just for the fact that he is injury prone and is constantly looking over his shoulder after the brain buster of a hit he took.

I'd trade Max because he is all flash no finish. Gives up the puck way too much and has bad accuracy. His speed is amazing, yes, but the NHL is going back to more of a defensive style.

RockStar36
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
If they can get something worthwhile for Max or Timmy than I'd be for a trade but I have a feeling other teams aren't going to give up a whole lot for those guys. Campbell on the other hand, it looks like if they make a deal it will be a big one so I'm all for it. I don't want to see him walk away and the Sabres get nothing in return.

PUCKER
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I am going to the game with Mike on Sunday. Maybe I will give him a quiz on former Sabres........

:snicker:

SabreEleven
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
For Mikey

http://www.sabresalumni.com/history/roster.php

Philagape
02-06-2008, 09:16 AM
It Doesn't Matter Until the Playoffs

SabreEleven
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
It Doesn't Matter Until the Playoffs

Unless you don't get in them which I believe this team WILL.

JD
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Unless you don't get in them which I believe this team WILL.
Agreed! :hi5: